Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Replacing sway bar link bushings

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  slopoke752 
#1 ·
Dealer wants $103.02 to replace my cracked sway bar link bushings. Are they easy to replace themselves - any directions or tips? Also, is there any upgraded ones to purchase - or do you just get them from the dealer? Thanks!

#3 ·
I will second the very easy to do thought. Jack up the car, remove the old ones, install the new ones. Do one side at a time incase you drop the link and get the parts out of order you have a reference. Also, I do not torque mine to specs until the car is back on the ground. Good luck.

#4 ·
right on, i was just about to get on the to do list for things to get for gen 1 odyssey maintenance parts.

so i got the chassis washed and under carriage all kissed up with a graphite wash. looks clean and all feels smooth and tight. kind of brought back some life. The mechanic says I should look into new sway bar bushings (larger ones) and the bar link bushings at the bar ends. (the smaller ones, some one tell me how many are there in total..pls)....
anyhow, how much do these things go for and if i was to get into aftermarket choices, which brands have stuff for us Gen 1's?

Anyone know of a rear stabilizer or antisway bar available?
Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
It goes much easier if you jack up both sides and get both front wheels off the ground at the same time.

If you only have one side jacked up, you will have one wheel at full compression and one at full droop(which is flexing your sway bar) and that can make it a pain to get the end links on and off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.