Short Ram Intake on 2013 Ody
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short Ram Intake on 2013 Ody

Short Ram Intake on 2013 Ody

I had a Takeda SRI laying around from my old 2011 Accord V6. Since there are no kits for the 4th gen Odyssey, I figured I'd see if it fits. Turns out it fits without much modification. The air sensor fit in perfectly to the tube. Here is a picture of it installed.

It would be better if I could get it to the other side of the battery, but it wasn't long enough and it put the sensor in a bad spot too.

Performance and fuel economy are (as always) negligible if any, but it certainly sounds better under load. The nice thing is, like my old Accord, when you are just cruising or under light throttle, its barely noticeable. I have some video that I'm going to edit and throw onto youtube at a later date. I will update with the video once I have a chance to edit it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Nice hot air intake, man!
    2013 EX-L Alabaster Silver Metallic

Morimoto 3Five 5000K Elite HIDs / OEM foglights / VLED V3 Triton LED brake lights

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    Thanks. It's not a cold air intake setup, was never designed to be. If I can get a longer coupler, I can move the filter over where the air box was and it'll be a little cooler air. Either way, I still like it better than all the plastic stock air stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Why? Stock is quieter and surely pulled cooler air. How is this 'ram' anyway?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    You are a bad man.

I suspect that the state of tune of some of these engines is so high that, like many motorcycle engines, changes to the intake or exhaust actually reduce power and torque.

From what I've seen in oil analysis circles, any minimal improvement you get in airflow is more than offset by the increase in "Silicates" the fancy oil analysis name for "dirt."

I actually ran that intake on my Ody for ~30k miles. It probably made it have less power overall because of the warm air and the fact that the ECU isn't really tuned for an increase in air flow, but we didn't buy a minivan for power or speed but to haul the kids around. I wouldn't have put on an intake if I didn't already have it laying around. I like the louder sound and its funny when people hear it come from a van. It only gets noticable when its at half throttle or more. We ended up trading the 13 LX for a 2015 BMW X5 Diesel (with third row) in March of 2015.

That said, my wife and I are expecting again (this will make 4, yikes!) so we recently picked up a 2016 SE and I figured I'd put the intake back on. This go around I spent more time with different pieces parts I had laying around from other projects as well. Still using the same Takeda intake pipe from the 2011 Accord V6 but used different connectors and a metal shield piece to help with the "heat" as well as the front scoop thing still points to it.

Probably still won't make any bit of a power difference but it looks and sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by mooser83 View Post
    I actually ran that intake on my Ody for ~30k miles. It probably made it have less power overall because of the warm air and the fact that the ECU isn't really tuned for an increase in air flow, but we didn't buy a minivan for power or speed but to haul the kids around. I wouldn't have put on an intake if I didn't already have it laying around. I like the louder sound and its funny when people hear it come from a van
    Same here. It sounds too good man lol
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

Just noticed that you had a throttle body spacer. Does it make any difference in anything?
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    Just noticed that you had a throttle body spacer. Does it make any difference in anything?
    Not that I'm aware of. I didn't put it on the 16 as it really doesn't do anything. I had it on the '13 because I had my nitrous kit on it and the TB spacer has a 1/8" NPT port that made it easy to install.
    2016 Honda Odyssey SE
    2013 Honda Civic Si Turbo!
    2015 Honda CBR 650F

Quote Originally Posted by mooser83 View Post
    I had it on the '13 because I had my nitrous kit on it
    Nitrous on your odyssey?!
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    Nitrous on your odyssey?!
    Yeah. I put a 55 wet shot on it. I 've had the kit since 2004. I used to have in on a base model stripped down 95 neon. Then, several years later, I made a fuel adapter with quick connects that let me bolt it on my '11 Accord V6 (temporary for fun) and my '13 Civic Si (also temporary, it now has a full turbo kit on it and makes over 450whp). The kit connected up easy. I hooked up the NMU (nitrous management unit) to the TPS sensor and a switch under the hood to turn it on and off. It took about 20 minutes to install the whole kit. Had the nitrous tank mounted to a piece of plywood already so I didn't have to drill into the cars to bolt it in, ran the nitrous line through a rubber grommet in the trunk and under the van. Vroom Vroom. I only ran about 1/3 of a tank through it. It was just to have some fun. I had it in there for about 2 days.
    2016 Honda Odyssey SE
    2013 Honda Civic Si Turbo!
    2015 Honda CBR 650F

Dude, tell me more! You installed it on your 2013?
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L

Here's another one from kikoyako: LINK

If the video doesn't work, kikoyako has a video on YouTube titled "2004 Honda odyssey on nitrous".

OF

P.S: What the heck are you doing up at 2:00 am?!? (pot calling kettle black)
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 158k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, chuck k fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod
    2002 Ody EX RES 164k, Ditto on above.
    1998 Accord LX215k. DIY: Haynes 676 ATF cooler; T & acc belts & tensioners.
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

Haha 3am over here lol
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L

Darn time zones!

OF

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast