Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Where to buy Honda brake parts in Canada

21K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ryukin2000 
#1 ·
Just wondering where everyone buys their brake parts for their Odysseys in Canada (besides the dealer)?

I want Honda or Honda quality parts so I'm a bit leery of buying say Canadian Tire grade stuff unless I know that it's just as good or better than OEM.

Any experiences?

#2 ·
No personal experience, but I understand the following two sites ship to Canada:

www.hondacuraworld.com
www.collegehillshonda.com

Ody parts in the US are much cheaper than in Canada, as is a new Ody.

As for putting Canadian Tire stuff on my Ody, I wouldn't either. Besides, OEM pads come with new clips.

- Dave

#6 ·
Well I went and bought from a place in Mississauga on the recommendation of my brother in law. After calling several local places like Part Source, Cdn Tire, UAP, Car Parts etc, I found the following:

Wagner Thermo Quiet pads and Wagner rotors: TOTAL price including taxes $146.00

:D

Pads were about the same as everyone else, but rotors were only $32.50 each.

www.hotspotautoparts.com

#8 ·
I got a PM from someone saying that they were quoted more for Wagner rotors.

So I went out to check and in fact, they are 'Auto Star' rotors. List at $115 each, sold to me for $32.

I did a search and can't find out who makes these, leading me to believe they are 'no name' rotors.

My brother in law put these same rotors on his Subaru and hasn't had any issues, but they were also on the rear brakes.

What should I do? They were cheap enough that I'm ready to just install them and see what happens but I'm also worried about redoing the brake job later on.

#9 ·
Personally, I would take the Wagner/AutoStars back and use nothing but OEM Honda brake parts. Probably not what you wanted to hear for advice though.

BTW, the CDN$ is at a 30 year high compared to USD$ at 97¢. They say we'll reach par soon. Weird times...

#11 ·
Thanks Aladin, I will bookmark that site.

#12 ·
#13 ·
This link is a keeper! The caliper rebuild kit there is $7.64 there compared with $37 locally. I always plan my work well in advance so a few weeks delay is not an issue.

Thanks!

#15 ·
I just ordered a bunch of suspension parts from Canadian Honda Parts (aka Toronto Honda) for my 2004 Ody and their prices were excellent: with a coupon code discount of 20% (just Google it), their prices were equivalent to most US online suppliers. For example, a front strut & spring assembly for $315 CAD. Plus, no customs charges to deal with. Shipping was very quick and service was first rate.

For non-Honda OEM parts, try Rock Auto: though they are in the US, their shipping rates are very good, and include all customs brokerage fees. They're worthwhile if you've got a few items (or one big one) to buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.