Transmission service manual
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission service manual

Transmission service manual

I'm thinking of overhauling my "Core" transmission after a change, as a summer project. I can find the overhaul kits, but no documentation. Is there a service manual that covers the transmission overhaul process for a 2003 BYBA tranny?

I have the 2500 page Helms manual, but it only covers installation and removal.

Thanks,

Casey

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Alot of the times you have to go through the dealer for those or you can try alldata and see if they offer something that would work for you. Here's the link to alldata, http://www.alldata.com/products/online/

If your not going to use it for a while after you overhaul it you might want to wait. The seals and valves could go bad from just sitting there and the first time you go and put it in and use it you could have a problem. Thought I would just let you know good luck.
    Last edited by mwe2121; 12-19-2008 at 05:08 PM.
    2004 ody ES with RSE 8 12v and 1100watts worth of power.

He's right, if you just reassemble (and use ATF to coat bores, cylinders, valves, o-rings), you may have some difficulties on first use...even if you use it right away.

Use this stuff keep everything in shape after reassembly:

Assembly Lube

The primary use for this stuff, though, is to provide initial lubrication until all of the "flow circuits" get their share of ATF when the tranny first starts turning.

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 103.5k OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, chuck k fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod
    2002 Ody EX RES 96.0k OEM fogs & hitch, chuck k fog mod#1
    1998 Accord LX174k. DIY: Haynes 676 ATF cooler; T & acc belts & tensioners.
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements