2005 Ody right sliding door not working
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 Ody right sliding door not working

2005 Odyssey right sliding door not working

Door quit suddenly and could not open electrically only manually. Did a hard reset by disconnecting battery and voila! it worked but when I started the car the door quit again and wouldn't open or close. I also tried a previous post procedure "RESET PSD fuse removal" and followed instructions and door opened and closed fine until I started the car and door quit working again. Anybody out there has experienced this problem with the sliding door?
    Last edited by hchavezepj; 10-10-2010 at 04:04 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Check your battery, make sure there is enough CCA's. (cold crancking amps)

I had same issue a few weeks back and tried the common reset with the fuses but it did not help.
    I took the van to the dealer and first thing they checked was the battery, I think it read somewhere in the low 300's.

After replacing it with a new one (I think it read about 600 CCA), all came back to normal.

Thanks silverunner for the reply. I removed the battery to access the transmission filling port and after replacing the battery the warning alarm disappeared and the door started working. I did this before and did not work but this time something reset. Anyways thanks.

With a 10mm socket, a quick battery disconnect/reconnect, my passenger sliding door now works again on my 2005 Touring. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

The door on my 2005 Odyssey (passenger side) closed, but the Slide Door light came on and it refused to budge using any electronic means. Manually opening and closing was a pain. Checked all fuses - all were fine. Tried pulling the driver's footwell fuse #7 (a backup light fuse I think) for two minutes and the door started working again.

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by btbeme View Post
    The door on my 2005 Odyssey (passenger side) closed, but the Slide Door light came on and it refused to budge using any electronic means. Manually opening and closing was a pain. Checked all fuses - all were fine. Tried pulling the driver's footwell fuse #7 (a backup light fuse I think) for two minutes and the door started working again.
    This happened to me a few days ago - passenger door would not open on my 2005 Honda Odyssey, "Slide Door" light was on, had to manually open and close it. This morning I went out, pulled the #7 fuse, left it out for a couple of minutes, put it back in, turned the car back on, and the automoatic sliding door now works. You saved me a trip to the mechanic and I appreciate it.

Thank you very much for the tip! Our left passenger sliding door had stopped working suddenly on our 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring. I removed fuse #7 and #13 for 1 minute, checked them to make sure they weren't blown, then plugged them back in. There are fuse boxes on both the left and right hand side of the foot panels so I took them out only on the side that the door was broke. Yeah!! It worked Thanks again

Thank you all for the tips, I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey and is experiencing the same issues the others have had with the auto sliding doors. I am planning on using all the info provided to solve the issue with my van. Thanks once again.

While pulling my #7 fuse will reset the door and make it work, I do get the issue again after a while - sometimes an afternoon, sometimes a day or two.

Since the circuit managed by the #7 fuse also has the door controller unit on it, I am going to replace that unit. I can replicate the problem by putting the van into reverse - that seems to trigger the door stoppage more often than not. But it does beg the question as to whether this is a controller issue or some other electrical issue that triggers the controller. Will replace and post my results here later.

Quote Originally Posted by btbeme View Post
    While pulling my #7 fuse will reset the door and make it work, I do get the issue again after a while - sometimes an afternoon, sometimes a day or two.

Since the circuit managed by the #7 fuse also has the door controller unit on it, I am going to replace that unit. I can replicate the problem by putting the van into reverse - that seems to trigger the door stoppage more often than not. But it does beg the question as to whether this is a controller issue or some other electrical issue that triggers the controller. Will replace and post my results here later.
    There is another thread on this issue.
    "Slide Door" idiot light is on

I just had this exact problem, but please verify your symptoms. Slide Door light on the dash. The door would not open via any electronic means. Pulling fuse 7 will reset the door and make it work for a while, but sooner than later, the dash light is back and door does not open.
    This problem is caused by the rear latch on the sliding door. You need to replace the rear latch. For left (Driver) sliding door its part number "Latch Assembly Drivers 72650-SHJ-A22".
    For right (Passenger) door its part 72610-SHJ-A22.
    I replaced it on my minivan and the door works fine now. The problem is that something (sensor, electronics) goes bad in this assembly. The replacement part has tape protecting the top of the unit to prevent water and dirt from inhibiting the unit.
    Last edited by maxud; 01-15-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Silver/Grey 2005 Odyssey EXL R&N
    White 2009 Maxima SV Premium & Tech

RIP: Dark Green 1995 Nissan Maxima SE - deer collision

I also had the same problem. When to slide door idiot light is on....and did the radio shack repair. Worked like a charm for $6.48.

I researched a lot ( all these posts ) as my driver side sliding door was not working at all for the past 3 days. All its doing was beeps. I was planning on buying the actuator and or the contact points to fix the issue. Yesterday night, I noticed that the fuel tank door was closed ( but not flushed well). I closed it well and vola !! its working now !!!!

What was your radio shack repair?

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements