How much to pay for 60000 mile service
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much to pay for 60000 mile service

How much to pay for 60000 mile service

Any ideas on how much a 60000 mile service should cost on a 2007 Odyssey E-XL?

The wife took ours to the dealership (against my advice) and came back with a bill for $435. When I look at the costs on things, I'm getting the feeling that we got screwed (just like I told her).

Air filter for the cabin $46.81 - part only. This is higher than MSRP.
    Air filter $33.11- part only, once again higher than MSRP.

There is $231.98 in labor charges.....really? They changed 2 air filters, oil change, replaced transmission fuild and brake fluid. This with the inspection of other parts in $230 in labor

Then there is the $50 in admin and ship fees.

Am I over reacting or did we get hosed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Here are the rules.

Rule #1. Never send the wife to the dealership
    Rule #2. Follow Rule #1.

You could have done both filters yourself for chump change (less than what you paid for the Admin fee). Nuff said.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

pgrogan, Hosed might be too strong a word. Yeah, you paid too much just like all of their other customers, but now you have learned that a la carte (or DIY) is the way to go. At least with the transmission fluid change, you may have some goodwill with them if and when your transmission needs to be replaced. Wish I had better news for you. You can learn a lot from this forum if you go DIY. Tom

i just got service A3 done at similar mileage and paid $96 with taxes and no air filter for the cabin.
    private mechanic
    the dealer wanted more and check this, they wanted 130bucks to replace a piece that cost 10bucks.... that dealer will never see me again unless it is for warranty services
    06 ody ex-l here

6. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements