TPMS reset itself! wooHOO!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TPMS reset itself! wooHOO!

TPMS reset itself! wooHOO!

Man I hate the fact all vehicles have to have this system now. It will be nothing but problems and added expense once the vehicle ages. I'll keep an eye on my tires myself thank you very much. (I understand the legality aspects as to why manufacturers have to use it unfortunately)

I know with both my 2008 Ody LX and my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe , I'll occasionally get the low tire pressure icon during REAL cold weather (the little tire cross-section icon that looks like a "U"), but luckily I've never gotten the 'general system failure' TPMS light in the Ody until recently.

Based on what I read I figured this would require a $$$ dealer reset, but it went out by itself the AM! Lovin' it.

It took about a week, so for other owners, don't despair! It just *might* go away by itself!

Joel
    2008 Honda Ody LX babe magnet.
    2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i CVT.
    Vehicles of the past: 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS, 2001 Windstar, 2005 Trailblazer 4x4, 2002 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 and lots more

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Are you sure the bulb didn't burn out ?
    2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    2007 BMW 335i

cnn
    There are 2 separate issues:

1. Actual low pressure: COLD weather decreases tire pressure so the warning may be real.
    Always check with an independent tire pressure gauge.

2. Swapping winter vs summer tires: If the TPMS ECU sees "strange IDs from the 4 wheel sensors", it registers a different message, basically it reads it as "system malfunction" because it cannot read any "known" IDs from the wheels.
    cnn: 2007 Odyssey LX

Quote Originally Posted by MTPockets08 View Post
    Man I hate the fact all vehicles have to have this system now. It will be nothing but problems and added expense once the vehicle ages. I'll keep an eye on my tires myself thank you very much. (I understand the legality aspects as to why manufacturers have to use it unfortunately)

I know with both my 2008 Ody LX and my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe , I'll occasionally get the low tire pressure icon during REAL cold weather (the little tire cross-section icon that looks like a "U"), but luckily I've never gotten the 'general system failure' TPMS light in the Ody until recently.

Based on what I read I figured this would require a $$$ dealer reset, but it went out by itself the AM! Lovin' it.

It took about a week, so for other owners, don't despair! It just *might* go away by itself!

Joel
    Mine came on in my 08 EXL about a month ago, so I went to the dealer. The service advisor told me it was either a weak battery that could cause the TPMS computer to malfunction or it was the computer itself. They put in a new battery and reset the code,and for about a week all was fine until it came on again, so back to the dealer for a new computer and it's been fine since. Battery and computer were covered under warranty also.

Quote Originally Posted by cnn View Post
    There are 2 separate issues:

1. Actual low pressure: COLD weather decreases tire pressure so the warning may be real.
    Always check with an independent tire pressure gauge.

2. Swapping winter vs summer tires: If the TPMS ECU sees "strange IDs from the 4 wheel sensors", it registers a different message, basically it reads it as "system malfunction" because it cannot read any "known" IDs from the wheels.
    I hear you, but:

1) It wasn't the low tire pressure warning, it was the general "TPMS" light. Like I say, we've had the low tire press warning during extreme cold weather, wasn't real and the tire icon went out by itself. We never had the TPMS light stay on before this incident.

2) There was no tire/wheel swappage.

The light is still out! and yes, it still lights up during startup self-diagnostics.

Joel
    2008 Honda Ody LX babe magnet.
    2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i CVT.
    Vehicles of the past: 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS, 2001 Windstar, 2005 Trailblazer 4x4, 2002 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 and lots more

I sometimes get the "TPMS" light (not the low tire pressure warning) while in the highway.

Usually resets itself on the way back.

I thought at first it was the sensors but its also happening on the second set of sensors for my winters.

Most of the time it is off so no biggie. My bro-in-law has a Pilot and he says the same thing. He just ignores it.
    2007 EX-L Desert Silver 80,900 KMs (as of March 2011)
    Original Michelin tires wore out at 68000 Kms
    Replaced with Toyo Extensas (awesome!)
    2000 ZX-7R - my Toy

My understanding is that you need to pump the tires 3PSI over stated pressure on the label and give it some time to reset itself.
    : : 2010 Touring Black-On-Black : :

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements