Honda Odyssey Forum banner

07 Odyssey is making a weird noise

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  airforcefalco 
#1 ·
When I make a left turn the car makes a weird sound from the front right (almost tire area) of the car. It sounds like air being sucked in. Also when I turn left the fan on the A/C slows/stops but resumes when the car is straightened out.

Sound started this weekend so I havent looked at it but I'm curious if that is a known problem.

Thanks for your time

#4 ·
Ideas ...

Right tire rubbing on a loose fender liner or something. Could make noise.

When you say the A/C cuts out do you mean the fan (less air moving) or the cooling system (air not as cold).

Is it a gradual tapering or a sudden on/off ?

Is it the same at all speeds.

Has your power steering fluid reservoir been replaced ? They make noise when the fluid is not making it to the pump and the pump is working hard. The reservoir has been redesigned.

Is the power steering fluid Honda PSF? and is the level correct ?

#5 ·
Funny story :DD

I took it into a mechanic (going out of town today and I couldnt wait) and told him the problem. He said if I was a Navy man (I was in my Air Force uniform) I would know it's because the fan box was flooded. Before he even saw the car he asked if I went to this nearby place for an oil change and I did. He said they get a lot of people in there for things they mess up (When I left the oil change they left one of the fender mats under my hood that I had to take back). So he said he'll look at it and takes it back.

Five minutes later he comes to the counter and wants me to follow him to show me the problem. They put a bolt in the A/C Drain when they were doing the oil change to stop water from dripping on them but forgot to take it out. He removed it and the car was fine and I got charged nothing for it (said he wasnt going to charge me for their stupidity). He did say to get a cabin air filter replacement and have Sonic Lube (name of the place) give it to me for free. I took the bolt over and told them that was found still in my drain and asked for a replacement filter which they provided. The guy who did it said they would look into who did it (it was him) and fix it.

I wont be going back there ever but the mechanic place does oil changes too so it's a win win! I'm thankful it wasnt something more expensive like power steering problems or something else.

Thanks for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.