Opinions wanted on NAPA rotors (esp. Ultra Premium
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions wanted on NAPA rotors (esp. Ultra Premium

Opinions wanted on NAPA rotors (esp. Ultra Premium

I need opinions on what you guys think of NAPA front rotors. The sell three grades, Premium, Ultra Premium, and Ultra 8.

the premium and ultra 8 are priced about the same. the Ultra is about another $30/ea. So, I'm trying to gauge if the ultras are worth the difference. And if not, which of the other two should I go with.

Our originals are just vibrating way too much.....
    www.SphinxRacing.com
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Solo2 View Post
    I need opinions on what you guys think of NAPA front rotors. The sell three grades, Premium, Ultra Premium, and Ultra 8.

the premium and ultra 8 are priced about the same. the Ultra is about another $30/ea. So, I'm trying to gauge if the ultras are worth the difference. And if not, which of the other two should I go with.

Our originals are just vibrating way too much.....
    I only use the cheapy premium,,, I have a NAPA wholesalers card and get them for $22 each,,,so instead of turning rotors I replace them,,,They are on all my (4) Acura's and Hondas. No problems,, my Local NAPA sells them to local Firestone repair w/ exclusive contract,, means they sell lots of them,, none have ever been returned for problems,,, the diff is ultra p has some kind of rust inhibiter and the Ultra 8 have pretty black paint where they think it might rust,,, They all come from the same manufacture in China,,, so what,,, Honda has suppliers in China??? doesn't stop us from buying Honda's..

Quote Originally Posted by fender4 View Post
    I only use the cheapy premium,,, I have a NAPA wholesalers card and get them for $22 each,,,so instead of turning rotors I replace them,,,They are on all my (4) Acura's and Hondas. No problems,, my Local NAPA sells them to local Firestone repair w/ exclusive contract,, means they sell lots of them,, none have ever been returned for problems,,, the diff is ultra p has some kind of rust inhibiter and the Ultra 8 have pretty black paint where they think it might rust,,, They all come from the same manufacture in China,,, so what,,, Honda has suppliers in China??? doesn't stop us from buying Honda's..
    Wow. I also get a discount, but not that good! The ultra-8 are actually $6/ea cheaper than the premiums. Should I try those?
    www.SphinxRacing.com
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

cnn
    I have been using Autozone front rotors now for 2 years, smooth like a baby.
    I bought it at Autozone for $42/each.

Autozone rotors carry a 2-year warranty, then pro-rated.
    The brake pad is life-time warranted as long as you own the vehicle!

Search for info in my other thread on DIY Front Brake Rotor!
    cnn: 2007 Odyssey LX

I get Beck Arnley's for $45 ea., OE Honda rotor in a different box...literally.
    2005 Honda Odyssey Touring
    2002 Infiniti I35
    1995 Nissan

Quote Originally Posted by Solo2 View Post
    Wow. I also get a discount, but not that good! The ultra-8 are actually $6/ea cheaper than the premiums. Should I try those?
    yep,, from NAPA get what is the least expensive,, My range of cost for Rotors has been $22- $33,, I don't remember what the Ody was,, It was only a few bucks more than the machine shop wanted to turn them,,, for some turning them is the cheapest way to go... just measure for the min the specs,,,
    Last edited by fender4; 06-17-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Many of the NAPA rotors are OEM from Raybestos, a very good quality brand rotor (except for their service grade low end cheapy) that I have had great luck with on many vehicles. Any of the premium ones from NAPA will serve you well.

I wish I could get them for $22, man that is steal!
    2007 EX-L

I ended up going with a set of wearevers from Advance auto parts. Right now, you can get $40 off $100 with coupon code CCABIN. Made them $35/ea with tax. Can't beat that at any price that's accessible to me. And so far they are working great.
    Last edited by Solo2; 06-19-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    www.SphinxRacing.com
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements