Honda Odyssey Forum banner

where to get shop service manual?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  surgeon 
#1 ·
I'm going to need to change the timing belt soon and am looking for a shop service manual. I checked eBay and found a range from downloadable pdf files to cd's with the electronics manual. I can get away with a pdf file but are they actually a copy of the oem manual or some cheap knockoff like a Haynes manual?

Otherwise is there a good place to purchase the paper version?

Opinions or recommendations?

#4 ·
You can subscribe to the techinfo.honda.com online service for 10$ for 3 days. It is run by Helm and is the online version of the official service manual.

https://techinfo.honda.com/

If you install one of the free PDF "printers" around you can print the manual sections that interest you to PDF.

Nicolas

#5 ·
For the size of the OEM FSM the $60 from Helm is pretty fair. There is a lot of information in there. They really should have broken it into at least two volumes to make it more manageable.

Even assuming a free down load I'm not sure you could print very much of it before it started costing you more in ink or toner than the real manual.

#6 ·
Agreed. In my case: I did not actually print them, I use the PDFs for reference and print them when I need them. Also, the online service gives access to TSBs and having the manual as a PDF makes it easy to find all references to a particular part.

In the OP's case, 10$ to get/print the sections for his particular job (timing belt) seemed reasonable. :)

Nicolas

P.s. I got used to PDF manuals when I first got into this with my old Mercedes, where the paper manuals cost hundreds and were hard to get, then went the PDF way for our Subaru and now our Honda. You could say I am biased. :-D

#8 ·
Thanks all. I like the Helm manual and they have easily made their money back, I don't plan on doing as much performance mods with this vehicle as I have with past ones.

I'm really interested in the Ebooks on ebay that cost between $4 to $11 and then just print the bit I need and burn the ebook to a cd for reference. It would surely help save the space I use on my current Helm collection.

#9 ·
I finally got the manual, fsm. The file was 226MB. It seem to have 05-06 and then 06-09 sections. Contents 05-06 were partial list and then same topics repeated into 06-09. That might explain why someone might have files slightly smaller than others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.