2005 - VSA Light with ABS Light and Limp Mode
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 - VSA Light with ABS Light and Limp Mode

2005 - VSA Light with ABS Light and Limp Mode

Hi,

Haven't needed to post for many years thanks to several trouble free years. I'm having a problem with a kind of "limp" mode I encounter, usually after cornering. The VSA light comes on with the ABS light and the vehicle runs quite rough as if stuck in 5th gear and can hardly accelerate. If I shutdown and restart, everything goes back to normal. I can drive several miles and its fine, but rears it's ugly head after cornering or accelerating.

I've replaced spark plugs last night, thinking it was mis-firing. This was overdue; however, the issue remains today. I've searched through many posts but have not been able to find a description that matched this condition. ANY help is appreciated. Currently have about 110,000 miles.

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

How's the brake fluid? Are you low on it?
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Brake fluid?

My brake fluid level is fine. As I mentioned in my original post, I did use the search tool but could not find a post that matched my symptoms. I found many that talked about VSA kicking in when cornering.

My first thought was mass air flow sensor, then I was thinking VSA module? Any help is appreciated...

Thanks again.

If I am not mistaken, the ABS light turns on if you're low on brake fluid. That might trigger the VSA light hence I asked if you were low on brake fluid which doesn't seem to be the case.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

I have an 05 touring and noticed that if you stay in drive and are stopped just holding the brake that the VSA light would come on. We never had any problems driving though. It could be a heat problem with the sensor. Just my thoughts on the issue you're having. I'm haveing a different issue. My SRS (airbag) light is on and without taking it to the dealer and spending some ungodly amount of money. I'm hoping that some body could give me direction for it. Good luck.

a family friend had a similar issue. She said it was like it wouldn't move.... she said even with the pedal on the floor it was just barely crawling along. once you got up to speed you were fine unless you stopped again then you had to repeat the crawl part... she took it to the dealer and by then it was fine again they said don't worry about it but this is the second time it's happened.

Quote Originally Posted by aero_dyn View Post
    Hi,

Haven't needed to post for many years thanks to several trouble free years. I'm having a problem with a kind of "limp" mode I encounter, usually after cornering. The VSA light comes on with the ABS light and the vehicle runs quite rough as if stuck in 5th gear and can hardly accelerate. If I shutdown and restart, everything goes back to normal. I can drive several miles and its fine, but rears it's ugly head after cornering or accelerating.

I've replaced spark plugs last night, thinking it was mis-firing. This was overdue; however, the issue remains today. I've searched through many posts but have not been able to find a description that matched this condition. ANY help is appreciated. Currently have about 110,000 miles.

Thx
    What did you find was the resolution to this?
    Thanks

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements