Honda Odyssey Forum banner

always blowing

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  trini_2_d_bone 
#1 ·
I have already used the search function, but can't find the info I am looking for. Is there. Way to stop the air coming from the vents? Even when the system is off, those days you don't need a/c or heat, it continually blows warm air from the vents. How can one stop this?

#3 · (Edited)
This seems annoying, but when inquiring about this years ago I was told;

Fresh air is designed to flow into the cabin in order to create a positive pressure in the passenger compartment and reduce any exhaust fumes that might otherwise be drawn *into* the compartment.

#4 ·
Is the recycle button turned off?

#7 ·
I have tried all the settings and various combos. And yet to no avail there is air coming from the dash vents. While it maybe beneficial, the temps have been perfect for no air/heat and yet I need to turn it on to cool the car down because the warm air heats up the interior compartment. Guess I will have to call the service center....should be a painful process.

#10 ·
I called the service department yesterday and asked them. I was informed that it is part of the fresh air intake system and that there will always be some amount of air blowing through the 2 front side vents, those 2 were chosen to help keep the side windows from fogging up as per him. He also hates that feature also as when the airtemps are perfect that you dont need heat or a/c, it always blows some air to mess with the ambient temp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.