Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P0300 through P0306 (Cylinder Misfire) - HELP!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P0300 through P0306 (Cylinder Misfire) - HELP!

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P0300 through P0306 (Cylinder Misfire) - HELP!

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L with 73,000 miles, original owner. Garage kept, well maintained, and driven kindly.

The check engine light happened to come on two days ago during the a 1/4 mile drive from the garage to the bus stop. This happened to be the same day my wife was taking it for the annual safety/emission inspection. The inspection facility determined the codes; Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P0300 through P0306 - Cylinders 1-6 Misfire detected as well as Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. The mechanic suggested it may be spark plugs. We also called the Honda dealership and they suggested spark plugs as well. The check engine light self-cleared later that day and has not come back. 2 days later I changed all 6 spark plugs with NGK Laser Iridium plugs purchased at Advance Auto Parts.

My wife will take it back to the inspection station tomorrow to see if the codes have cleared.

My fear is this that the spark plugs were not the problem (they actually looked fine). If the check engine light returns, does anyone have any other suggestions as to the culprit?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

i have the same problem right now is in the dealership maybe this threaHelp solving misfire codes - 05EX-Ld can help you

cnn
    I had misfire at cylinders 1 and 3. Initially I thought of bad ignition coils (posted in forum Ohm values).
    Tested them all good.

Then I noticed coolant was disappearing, I posted in this thread:

Coolant disappearing from reservoir

So for me, the bottom line was porous cylinder head allowing coolant to enter combustion chamber, creating misfire condition.
    Both cylinder heads were replaced by dealer under warranty, otherwise it'd be a $3500 bill!
    cnn: 2007 Odyssey LX

So for me, the bottom line was porous cylinder head allowing coolant to enter combustion chamber, creating misfire condition
    That is disgusting. You seem have done all recommended maintenance and more over years. No maintenance can prevent porous cylinder head leaks or bad Honda transmissions.

Dont dispair too quickly. Hopefully that clears it up. You may want to give it a bit more time before you bring it back. In out area, the wont clear a car until its been driven some time after the codes have been cleared.
    mwmcginn

2007 Odyssey LX
    2006 Accord VP

On my 2003, I was getting a consistent misfire on cylinder #1.
    A) Changed all the plugs - at 150K they were near enough to the owners' manual. Cleared code and same code resurfaced - plug NOT the problem.
    B) Put new coil (sometimes called "coil pack") on cylinder #1. Same code resurfaced - coil not the problem?
    C) Switched the new coil on #1 with the original coil on #6. Same code resurfaced - coil not the problem?
    D) Switched the original coil on #1 with the original coil on #4. Same code resurfaced - coil is NOT the problem.
    E) Put another new plug (no charge) in #1. Same code resurfaced - plug is definitely NOT the problem.

As the mechanics at my local garage were trying but not succeeding, I took my Ody to the Honda dealer in Woodstock, Ontario.
    F) They cleaned the ports of the EGR and FIXED the misfire. Cost $95. There is a service bulletin out on this for older Odys. I noticed it mentioned in another thread. If the hesitation/misfire comes back they will change the EGR filter as their next step. I suspect they found the problem as the ports were dirty/plugged.
    Hope that helps!

have 2005 odessy touring. Engine light on. Running rough esp when cold. No ECO light on with highway driving now when engine light on. Dealer initially said new coil needed. They replaced the coil. Light on again, now say loose valve seal. Codes P0300-P0304. Told me they moved spark plugs around, etc. Recommend sending out for valve job.(cyllinder 4 misfire...front head). The car is 170,000 ALL highway miles and oil changed every 3-4000 since beginning. Told catalytic converter will go if not done. Any advice?

Any update on this.. My car is having the same problem and Im having idle n misfire issue.. Even though I got the sparks plugs then..

There are several threads on this issue. Could be a bad plug/coil/fuel pressure regualtor, cylinder head, etc., but on my 05 Touring the problem was that the valves just needed to be adjusted (had 113,000 miles at the time). If you are comfortable doing a timing belt, then the valves shouldn't be too bad as a DIY job. Good luck.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements