Those who bought 2010 ody new
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Those who bought 2010 ody new

Those who bought 2010 ody new

In just buying a used 2010 ody touring (to replace 2001 ex) i am curious what all documentation, keys, DVD, etc came with the van new.

The following is what I got...
    (1) window sticker
    (2) regular keys
    (1) valet key
    (2) fobs
    (1) radio / navi code card
    (2) wireless headphone sets
    (1) set of floor mats (all 3 rows with jumper btwn 2nd & 3rd)
    (1) owner's packet (owners manual, navigation system, Honda service history, warranty, consumer information, technology reference guide, Goodyear & Michelin tire info)

Now what am I missing?
    (1) navigation DVD (hear people talk about such, don't know if there is one and if so it may be in one of the vehicles devices)?
    (1) credit card key (one came with my 2001)?
    (1) ???

If you got something with yours that I didn't get with mine, I would love to know!

Thanks!
    Last edited by bert; 02-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    Your nav DVD is under your driver's seat. If your maps show up, you have one.

I do believe those worthless credit card keys disappeared in the early 2Ks. If you must have a spare key, get a flat blank cut for your vehicle, drill out the key hole a bit, remove front or rear license plate, put key through bolt in back of plate, and reattach, secure in the knowledge you'll have an easy way of gaining access that 99.9% of people won't guess you have (and a screwdriver is tons easier to find than a locksmith)...

Can one of you explain what a credit card key is? I've own many Hondas and Acuraa and I've never heard of such a thing!

As for what came with your used van, that seems pretty complete to me!

Sound like you have everything and like boogety said the DVD for the NAV is under the drivers seat. If you see the map you have one there, should be version 4.73.
    10 Touring Crystal Black Pearl 75k
    03 ACURA TL NBP - 153K
    http://acurazine.com/forums/garage/2...-05TSXPAT.html

Retired:
    08 EXL-RES Slate Green Metallic
    04 EXL-RES Sandstone Metallic
    94 Toyota Tercel - "the beater" 192+

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    Can one of you explain what a credit card key is? I've own many Hondas and Acuraa and I've never heard of such a thing!

As for what came with your used van, that seems pretty complete to me!
    Once upon a time, before transponder keys, some manufacturers would provide you with something like this for you to keep in your wallet for emergency access to your locked vehicle:

The plastic they used was stiff but slightly brittle with age. They hardly ever lasted more than one or two uses, if they survived unbroken in your wallet to begin with. With the advent of transponders, exterior keypads, OnStar, and other less-dramatic ways to unlock your car, they died a slow death and are now probably totally gone from the universe.

thanks for the responses

boogety boogety...map shows, have one

megatron...see boogety boogety's response, in looking at the credit card key now (still have my 01 ex, didn't trade it in, hope to sell on the coming weeks) it must of not been a honda thing but a thing of my dealership for the 'card' doesn't acknowledge honda but the dealership that i bought it from instead

payor_co...dvd version 4.81a (van sold new 10-30-10)

new questions...
    1.)what is the pc card slot for within the same device housing the navigation dvd?
    2.) getting on honda link, i see for 2011 and newer ody's, one can obtain navigation updates, did honda revise the nav system for 2011 but more importantly, is it possible to obtain updates for 2010 ody's (i.e. new dvd's) or are we all just stuck in time?!

thanks again

bert,

That credit card key definitely is NOT a Honda thing. I have never seen one of those in my life and I have bought both Hondas and Acuras in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Cool concept though...

The pc pard slot is for potential device updates via flash card, though there has never been one that I know of. Updates to the Navigation system is done via new DVDs that updates both nav system firmware AND map database. You can get those at The Official Honda Map Update Site. Sounds like your DVD is 2 years old. They are currently on version 4.A2.

megatron...pulled dvd again to check the dates on it's face and found that honda and alpine copyright it in 2009, but zagat and all others copyright themselves as 2008. would of thought with the vehicle being a late 10 model it would of come with a 2010 copyrighted dvd...go figure

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    megatron...pulled dvd again to check the dates on it's face and found that honda and alpine copyright it in 2009, but zagat and all others copyright themselves as 2008. would of thought with the vehicle being a late 10 model it would of come with a 2010 copyrighted dvd...go figure
    Yeah, they are always late on the maps and database compared to the date stamped on the disc. So 4.81a is the 2010 disc, 4.92 is the 2011 one, and now 4.a2 is the 2012 one.

sorry for my ignorance , but the disc must be in the NAV player under drivers seat ??

Anyone know if you can view the disc coverage map online??

Al

Quote Originally Posted by akesj1 View Post
    sorry for my ignorance , but the disc must be in the NAV player under drivers seat ??

Al

The disc should be in the NAV player under the PASSENGER seat.

You can view the map coverage of the current latest map version online at The Official Honda Map Update Site, but not sure where you can view the coverage of older discs.

Quote Originally Posted by akesj1 View Post

Al

On a '10 TOURING the nav player will be under the DRIVER'S seat.
    10 Touring Crystal Black Pearl 75k
    03 ACURA TL NBP - 153K
    http://acurazine.com/forums/garage/2...-05TSXPAT.html

Retired:
    08 EXL-RES Slate Green Metallic
    04 EXL-RES Sandstone Metallic
    94 Toyota Tercel - "the beater" 192+

Confirmed...dvd on my 2010 ody touring is under the driver seat, sound system component under the passenger seat

Ooops... my bad. Forgot we are talking about 2010 model! Scratch my previous remark... As others have said, it is under Driver's seat on 2010.

16. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements