06 Ody EX-L misfire all cyl
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06 Ody EX-L misfire all cyl

06 Ody EX-L misfire all cyl

I have had engine light come on before and obd reader came up with cyl 4 and 6 misfire, at the time the eng light came on i was near empty tank and after filling it up the light went away.
    Yesterday i decide to plug my new obd2 scanner and did a faultcheck and it came up with cyl 3 to 6 misfiring. Few hours later i turn the van on and engine light staued on, i connect the obd2 again and check, and all cylinders were misfiring.
    Log:
    Fault log report generated by Torque for Android

Current Fault Log
    ------------------

P0301: Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

P0302: Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

P0304: Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

P0305: Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected

P0306: Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected

P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Pending Fault Log
    ------------------

ECU reports no pending faults

Historic Fault Log
    ------------------

ECU reports no historic faults
    Other discovered fault codes
    (possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
    ----------------------------------------------------

ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

Now, this happen again with tank near empty, and this morning i went to fill it up and on way home had to stop for an errand, come back turn the ody on and engine was gone. did a fault code check and the previous came up stating all cyl misfiring.
    The ody is near 160k kms and going soon for timing belt service(ugh) and to check an eletrical problem(possibly a relay) that afect alarm and lighting(dash/exterior) whenever the van isnt on(engine running).
    Hopefully wont cost too much to fix eveyrthing

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You might want to add a valve adjustment to the TB service. It will add three or four hours labour to the bill, but doesn't add any parts. How many kilometers on the spark plugs?
    2002 Odyssey EX FG
    Honda hood deflector, mud guards, AC condenser screen mod, Zyml wax, Honda ATF cooler, Amsoil EaO20 oil filter, Amsoil synthetic 5W20, Amsoil ATF 6/2011, Krown rustproofing, block heater (gets cc...cold in Canada in winter!)

the current plugs have about 60k kms on them

I would perform a power balance test.
    A compression test might not hurt either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Last edited by scot0410; 02-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    2008 EX-L rear entertainment and nav.

And the outcome waS:

timing Belt replaced
    Tensioner also replaced
    oil and filters changed(part of a4 service)
    water pump replaced
    noise from heat shield fixed for no extra cost
    electrical issue resolved( alarm wouldn't turn on/all lights dead if engine off) at no cost(cable was loose...)
    cylinder 4 was causing the engine light and it was adjusted/tunned)
    Couple of extras found but not addressed:
    -according to honda, all 6 plugs are bad needing a replacement(at 60000kms?? NHK Iridium)
    -also, found out what was causing occasional Jamming, central roller was dammaged)
    -rear brakes needing replacement-resurface if done by honda)

At 160k kms surprised that rear rotors are original and so are the suspensions and they are still good.
    Honda wanted 480 for fixing the door, 320 for the rear brakes and 560 for spark plugs, my mechanic can do a better price and plus discs will be new instead of resurfaced.

My total bill for what was done was $1300 and a loaner car for the full day-2012 civic
    if it was done at my mechanic would have been about $200 cheaper, but the electrical would be still not working, same goes for the heat shield, so in the end i think the price wasnt too bad.
    Soon i am going to do the plugs(if really needed) and rear brakes and get a quote for the door

Not bad on the price!
    2007 Honda Odyssey Touring
    RES - NAV v4.73 - Silver Pearl - 18" Acura MDX Sport Wheels - Continental ExtremeContact DWS 235/55R18 - Pax Free Since 12/2008 - Spare Tire Installed - 5000K Xtreme HID - MrGrille - K&N Drop In Air Filter - Putco Interior LED Lights & License Plate Lights (Xenon Depot) - Honda All Weather Mats and Rear Tray.
    2008 Acura TSX

NGK Iridium's usually still look new at 60,000 km. Are you sure the plugs have only 60K km on them? Are they fouled or worn out?
    2002 Odyssey EX FG
    Honda hood deflector, mud guards, AC condenser screen mod, Zyml wax, Honda ATF cooler, Amsoil EaO20 oil filter, Amsoil synthetic 5W20, Amsoil ATF 6/2011, Krown rustproofing, block heater (gets cc...cold in Canada in winter!)

misfire:

I would check fuel pressure at the rail when fuel low and full, sounds like fuel pump maybe struggling when tank is not full, or you are lower on fuel than you thought! The ODB system does not check fuel pressure but will report if the engine does not fire as strong as planned, and low pressure can cause that.
    '06 EX-L Red - Mods - Magnum drilled rotors & ceramic pads, stainless lines, Monroe shocks, auto lights, 18" MDX Sport rims/Kuhmo tires. Honda hitch. mud guards. Weather Tech mats. Rad. Screen mod. & trans cooler.
    Issues - R.shocks, 3 eng mounts, blower thermal cut-out, alternator bearing, DVD sound cable, AC clutch bearing, door rattle, what next?
    '12 Kia Optima SX - Turbo GDI 2.0, 274 hp 6 speed
    '07 Saturn Sky Redline project car 1 year and counting on blocks...

according to the honda tech, the gap on the plug was wider then normal. They are 60k since they were changed during first service back in 2010(since i bought the ody in Jan of that yeaR)
    Will run the obd scanner again and see what it reports back

My car has the same problem.. I change the all the plug and change all the coil pack from my friend odyssey and engine light still come back on..

in my case, cyl4 needed an adjustment. i have not had the chance to plug the obd scanner to it to run more testes since my wife is driving it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements