Power Slide Doors dont open when engine is running
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Slide Doors dont open when engine is running

Power Slide Doors dont open when engine is running

Dear friends,

My 06 ody slide doors are not opening when the engine is running. I need to park the van and shutdown the engine for the doors to open.

When manually open the slide doors and start the engine I can then close the doors automatically but are unable to open them with the buttons that are inside the van.

I disconnect the battery for 5 minutes but I'm still having issues. I wonder if a fuse is causing this?

Anyone have experienced this issue before?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Well. As no one have seen this before I dont have a choice than taking the van to the dealer.

Thanks

After investigating the symptoms it was determined that I had a faulty ABS Sensor. As soon as it was replaced the power doors start working perfectly.

If anyone have an ABS light turned on & your power doors are not opening while the engine is running you know what it's all about. Change the faulty ABS sensor. My case was the front right one that got messed up after replacing the front hubs and bearings.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by henrickrw View Post
    After investigating the symptoms it was determined that I had a faulty ABS Sensor. As soon as it was replaced the power doors start working perfectly.

If anyone have an ABS light turned on & your power doors are not opening while the engine is running you know what it's all about. Change the faulty ABS sensor. My case was the front right one that got messed up after replacing the front hubs and bearings.

Cheers.
    Was your ABS and/or VSA lights on? You didn't mention either one as being on in your posts.

If your VSA light was on, then this issue is already known from the November 2011 Honda Service News article "Power Sliding Door Won’t Open With VSA Indicator On".
    2008 Odyssey Touring non-PAX
    Silver Pearl Metallic w/ Black Interior
    Mobil 1 5W-20 with Honda Oil Filter 15400-PLM-A01 or 15400-PLM-A02
    Shell (or other Top-Tier Gas)
    Honda Care 6yr/120K from Bernardi Honda
    WeatherTech FloorLiner (1st, 2nd, 3rd Row)
    WeatherTech Cargo Liner (Coverage Area: Behind 2nd Seat)

TSBs applied: 07-045 (Brake Pedal Is Low and Feels Soft), 08-080 (Wind Noise or Rattle From Front Doors), 09-053 (Product Update: Lock-Up Clutch Judders Between 2045 MPH / PCM Update for Lock-Up Clutch Function), 10-024 (No XM Sound, But XM Station Information Is Displayed)

Safety Recalls applied: 10-017 (Air In VSA Modulator-Control Unit Causes Low/Soft Brake Pedal)

Warranty Repairs: Torque converter replaced at 38,349 miles, Water passage replaced at 38,349 miles, HOSE A, WATER, HOSE C, WATER, and RUBBER, THERMOSTAT MOUNTING replaced at 39,673 miles. Second software update (unreleased and released) applied to PCM

Quote Originally Posted by EE4Life View Post
    Was your ABS and/or VSA lights on? You didn't mention either one as being on in your posts.

If your VSA light was on, then this issue is already known from the November 2011 Honda Service News article "Power Sliding Door Won’t Open With VSA Indicator On".
    Exactly right. I missed to mention that point.

The issue I'm having now is a clunky noise when going over incline surfaces and when turning the steering wheel and accelerating. It happens sometimes, but the clunk noise is annoying.

I have replaced struts, engine mounts (all), lower control arms bushings, sway bar bushings, links.

Don't know where this nois is coming from.

Could be worn tie rod ends?
    2002 Odyssey EX FG
    Honda hood deflector, mud guards, AC condenser screen mod, Zyml wax, Honda ATF cooler, Amsoil EaO20 oil filter, Amsoil synthetic 5W20, Amsoil ATF 6/2011, Krown rustproofing, block heater (gets cc...cold in Canada in winter!)

Quote Originally Posted by davedrivesody View Post
    Could be worn tie rod ends?
    To be honest I replaced all the lower control arms bushings including the tie rod ends (brand new). Don't know if the caliper bars are worn out or if I have a strut mount issue. Will check with my mechanic.

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements