Whistling Noise
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whistling Noise

Unhappy Whistling Noise

2007 Odyssey: We have a whistling noise that we hear between the speeds of 30 to 70. Wh think it's coming from the front dash area>>> Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This noise is either coming from the vertical windshield molding or the lower cowl on the windshield. Take some blue painters tape and cover the pieces to the glass and see if the whistle is still there, if gone, then you know what to either fix or replace. Did you have the windshield replaced?
    05 EX-L Midnight Blue Pearl
    01 EX (traded in)
    97 CRV
    09 CRV

I have tape the windshield completely & the cowling on the part that touches the windshield. Any where else?

didn't have windshield replaced.

I have found that certain manufacturer's wiper blade frames will whistle occasionally on my '07. A quick flip of the wipers and the noise goes away. It an extremely high pitched noise.

I also have the whistle noise but I haven't trouble shot it yet. There is a fix on this forum if if the cowl is the culprit. It utilizes some foam weather stripping which can be bought for a couple of buck at a home imporvement store.
    '07 EXL RES/NAV Baltic Blue
    '05 Toyota Prius Seaside Pearl
    '97 Nissan Maxima SE

We will try anything. thanks

This thread might help - owners of 05 06 07 and even 10s hearing it too.

Windshield whistling at 40-80 MPH. Anyone found the fix?
    2005 Ody EX-L RES NAV 155K - First Honda

I had my windshield replaced. Prior to replacing it the techs called me in and warned me that after they replace it that I would likely start hearing a whistle. If I did, they said, it was the lower cowling. They said that there was a recall on that part and that I should go to the dealer to have it replaced. Sure enough, under certain circumstances, I heard whistling after the replacement. Went to the dealer, they said sorry, no recall/warranty on that part! I looked to replace it myself and the cost for that cowling piece is ~$250. (finding an Ody in a junk yard is near impossible these days so no luck there.) So, I now have an occasional whistle. But for what it costs to replace, I can live with it.
    2005 EX-L 171k mi.

Quote Originally Posted by JCsHonda View Post
    I had my windshield replaced. Prior to replacing it the techs called me in and warned me that after they replace it that I would likely start hearing a whistle. If I did, they said, it was the lower cowling. They said that there was a recall on that part and that I should go to the dealer to have it replaced. Sure enough, under certain circumstances, I heard whistling after the replacement. Went to the dealer, they said sorry, no recall/warranty on that part! I looked to replace it myself and the cost for that cowling piece is ~$250. (finding an Ody in a junk yard is near impossible these days so no luck there.) So, I now have an occasional whistle. But for what it costs to replace, I can live with it.
    I had the same problem...whistling at mid speeds. Turned out to be the lower cowling of the windshield. It had bowed a little bit over time so there was a gap in some sections between the glass and the rubber of the cowling. I filled in those sections with black caulking so that there was no more gaps and the whistling went away.

good luck.
    2014 Odyssey EX-L Modern Steel Metallic

Other Honda/Acura's:

Current:
    - 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L/Nav

Previous:
    - 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L SageBrush with Olive
    - 1988 Acura Integra
    - 1989 Acura Legend Coupe...Finally retired after 275k miles and 16 wonderful years...really miss this one.
    - 1990 Acura Integra Retired after 225k miles and 11 years.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements