Changing Power steering pressure hose. - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing Power steering pressure hose.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to know where your leak is coming from when we can't see it.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I did this project on my ODY 2005 a couple months ago after watching this thread. It was definitely the flare nut at the rack side, that was a pain. Couldn't loosen it with the flare nut wrench due to the tight angle. Run buying the crow-foot set, couldn't loosen it. It think it's due to my sub-par mechanical skill. So, ended up cutting the aluminum pipe about 1/4" - 1/2" above the nut then loosened it with a 14mm socket. The installation is better; had a little difficulty lining up the aluminum pipe with the rack so that the flare nut can be first hand-threaded. I believe running the hose from bottom up is easier than from top down. I checked for leak at the flare nut several times after several driving and had to re-tighten the nut one more time before there was no more leak. Should use the OEM for the replacement. It guarantees the fitness. The whole project took me 8 hrs. but was worth it. Thanks to everyone who had posted their work/tips in this thread.

Just replaced the high pressure hose on a 2007 Odyssey, after a few mins of trying to feed the hose down from the top (me under the van and the wife helping from the engine bay side) I decided to feed it from the bottom. Took probably two mins to do go from the bottom to the top. I took the hose out the same way, super easy that way.
    2007 Slate Green Metallic Odyssey Touring R&N
    2010 Slate Metallic Tundra CrewMax

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123