Honda Odyssey Forum banner

How to tell if a 2005-2007 EX-L has the the premium audio package

11K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Kurzweil33 
#1 ·
We're looking to buy a 2005-2007 EX-L with RES, NAV and premium audio (amp & sub in addition to the 6 speakers) and most private parties I contact have no idea whether the EX-L they're selling has the premium audio package. We're in a rural area and will have to drive 3 hours each way to the nearest city to buy our Odyssey, and I don't want to make that drive unless the van definitely has the features we want.

Hence my question: On 2005-2007 EX-L models with the premium audio package, where are the amp and sub located? Is there some way the owner can check to see if their van has the premium audio package?

Many thanks!

#3 ·
I know the premium audio package with amp & sub was standard on the Touring model but I thought it was also an option on the 2005-2007 EX-L? Does anyone know for sure? I've seen ads for at least a couple of EX-L vans that listed premium audio as a feature.

#4 ·
According to the 2007 brochure the premium sounder system was available only on the Touring.

#6 ·
If the premium sound system wasn't an option on the 2007 EX-L, it seems unlikely that it was available for 2005 and 2006 models, although I've seen EX-L vans from both of those years advertised with that feature.

Looking at the radio link posted above, I think I see why people may be confused. Apparently Honda refers to the standard radio as a "Premium Radio" that's "Part of the Premium Audio System." That *is* the standard radio, isn't it?

How is the sound quality in the 2005-2007 EX-L vans? I suppose I could add an aftermarket sub and amp.

#7 ·
I owned a 2007 touring and I really can't justify the "premium sound system" there was like no bass and the sound is very poor when the volume is below "10", very untrue sound.

if I rate my 2000 audi is a 9/10, then the ody probably only will be 6-7.
The original Honda subwoofer is really a piece of junk, as I said, no serious bass, And on top of that, the ody has relative loud wind noise (the van is poory sound dampen) above 65 mph

#8 ·
Just on case you don't already know it, the standard radio pictured in JCsHonda's post doesn't have an Aux jack.

There are aftermarket Aux adaptors such as this one, which add Aux jack capability...

Blitzsafe - HON / AUX DMX V.2X

#13 ·
Just on case you don't already know it, the standard radio pictured in JCsHonda's post doesn't have an Aux jack.

There are aftermarket Aux adaptors such as this one, which add Aux jack capability...

Blitzsafe - HON / AUX DMX V.2X
I thought the AUX jack was added in 2007; is that not the case?

We were planning to add Bluetooth anyway, so if we buy an EX-L without AUX, we would get an aftermarket kit that includes both Bluetooth and AUX and maybe USB too.

#11 · (Edited)
#14 ·
As far as I know, the 05-10 Ody's all use the same head unit, so unless you have RES, you don't have an Aux jack. With RES, the Aux jack is located in the 3rd row arm rest.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected. ;)

#15 ·
As far as I know, the 05-10 Ody's all use the same head unit, so unless you have RES, you don't have an Aux jack. With RES, the Aux jack is located in the 3rd row arm rest.
Does the 2005 & 2006 EX-L with RES also have the AUX jack in the 3rd row armrest or is it only the 2007 EX-L that has that?

I seem to vaguely recall reading somewhere that in the 2007, one of the front power outlets was replaced by an AUX jack, but I could be remembering that wrong. Does anyone know for sure what the AUX situation is with the 2005-2007 EX-L? Does it matter whether the van has Navigation in addition to RES?

#18 ·
The rear entertainment system (RES) provides an AUX input intended for something like a PlayStation. The rearmost left armrest has the regular red/white/yellow jacks common on any VCR or legacy DVD player plus a 120 volt outlet for the game box. It is perfectly useful as an audio input point. I ran a long stereo cable up to the front and connected a stereo 1/8" mini-plug using adapters. Should be possible to connect in at the front but the input might fail to show on the screen. With nothing connected, I believe that it only shows "DVD" on the display. With the cable in, the word "AUX" comes up first. Could be wrong on that, of course. It works extremely well and goes all the way back to 2005. RES vehicles have AUX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.