Continuous beep sound
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continuous beep sound

Continuous beep sound

It just happened today, when i put the van in reverse there is a continuous beep sound. So I put shifter back in Park the beep disappeared then I shifted to Drive the beep sound continued again just like when I had in Reverse. After fooling around for minutes I found that it beeps in every positions except Park and Neutral. Does anyone know what this is? I don't back up sensors on this van (my is EXL) and could find anything in manual relating to this.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

doors?

you might want look at the back power doors to see if theyre closed fully, or try shutting them off via the switch on the dash and see if it still does it..
    2005 Touring navi/RES
    Ocean Mist Metallic
    Black Leather

alexmish
    Of you might have the tailgate not closed completely.

Re: Continuous beep sound

Originally posted by convertible
    It just happened today, when i put the van in reverse there is a continuous beep sound. So I put shifter back in Park the beep disappeared then I shifted to Drive the beep sound continued again just like when I had in Reverse. After fooling around for minutes I found that it beeps in every positions except Park and Neutral. Does anyone know what this is? I don't back up sensors on this van (my is EXL) and could find anything in manual relating to this.

Thanks
    I also experienced this a few weeks ago. I just opened & closed both the sliding doors and the beep sound disappered. Hope that helps!
    2005 Odyssey EX-L Sage Brush Pearl/Olive
    2003 Toyota Corolla LE

alexmish
    If you had a Touring I would also suggest to check whether your parking sensors are disconnected. I was visiting the bodyshop last night - the bumper was off and the sensors disconnected. As I turned on the ignition, the beeping started and continued for a while...

Re: Continuous beep sound

Originally posted by convertible

Thanks
    If the beeping sound if while an any gear but Park then it is most likely one of the sliding doors.
    While you are hearing the beeping try turning off the power to the sliding doors with the slide switch on the dash just left of the steering wheel. If the beeper stops then one of the doors may not be closed tight.
    Turn the door switch back on then open and close both doors. The beeper should then go away.

alexmish

Re: Re: Continuous beep sound

Originally posted by GoodSonOdy
    If the beeping sound if while an any gear but Park then it is most likely one of the sliding doors.
    While you are hearing the beeping try turning off the power to the sliding doors with the slide switch on the dash just left of the steering wheel. If the beeper stops then one of the doors may not be closed tight.
    Turn the door switch back on then open and close both doors. The beeper should then go away.
    I thought the beeping is NOT a function of whether the doors are on automatic or manual... uzzled:

Re: Re: Re: Continuous beep sound

Originally posted by alexmish
    I thought the beeping is NOT a function of whether the doors are on automatic or manual... uzzled:
    No, the door beeper will not sound off if the power is turned off.

Sounds like the sliding door alarm when it is not closed and you try to get it out of Park. Try turning off the power to the door using the dash power button and then manually closing both doors to be sure.
    05 EX-L Midnight Blue Pearl
    01 EX (traded in)
    97 CRV
    09 CRV

It is the doors for sure. Make sure they close completely with nothing in it's path. Make sure the tailgate is shut. This used to happenwith my old '01 Ody a lot.
    '05 Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res Black/Ivory
    '05 Acura TL Navi/white/Ivory

Could be a strange XM channel.

Sorry for not reponse sooner....
    Anyway you guys are right! It was one of the sliding doors. We opened and closed a couple times and it gone.

Thanks

Unhappy

The problem is that your door is out of adjustment and is not closing fully I have an 02 and it is the same problem I have adjusted the door numerous times it still does not fully engage. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Maybe lube the cables or something? My wife is going to kill me if she has to keep ongoing out to close the door a few more times .
    My Van is an Autobot!

Well, we just had this happen today. Both sliders are shut, but beep still there. I can't see anything to "clean", so looks like I will have to take to dealership. Luckily, you can make the beep go away by turning off the power to the sliders.

Any ideas welcomed.

Marc
    2005 Slate Green/Olive EX-L

I once had a beeping sound every time I opened the door. It turned out that the stalk the lights are on was in the position to make the lights bright, even though the lights were off. My 2-year-old had been "driving" the van and pushed it there. Took me a week to figure it out.
    Mommyvan
    '05 EX Slate Green/Gray cloth

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements