Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Speedometer

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  6spdtl 
#1 ·
Being close to the Canadian border, I've noticed that when my dashboard is "glowing", I only see "Miles Per Hour" numbers.

I can barely see the Km/hr numbers.

Is there some way to "switch" beween the two? So if I'm north of the border, I see km/hr brighter than mph?

Thanks

#2 ·
Karl05 said:
Being close to the Canadian border, I've noticed that when my dashboard is "glowing", I only see "Miles Per Hour" numbers.

I can barely see the Km/hr numbers.

Is there some way to "switch" beween the two? So if I'm north of the border, I see km/hr brighter than mph?

Thanks
No there isn't. To see them better you have to crank the backlighting considerably. This has become sort of a undiscussed "defect" among new honda products.

#3 ·
We live close to BC and make frequent trips to the Vancouver area. The problem you describe is not unique to the Ody. The km/hr numbers on all our cars (now and in the past) are very hard to see at night. The numbers are too small and not in a color that has enough contrast.

#4 ·
3M+J said:
We live close to BC and make frequent trips to the Vancouver area. The problem you describe is not unique to the Ody. The km/hr numbers on all our cars (now and in the past) are very hard to see at night. The numbers are too small and not in a color that has enough contrast.
Guess the car maker need to design a digital speedmeter for this purpose.

#6 ·
Its just easy to maintain a couple of the (appx) conversions to memmory:
100kph= 60mph

If you remember that one it all falls into place:
50 kph=30mph

and so on... If you keep those 2 registered in mind you will essentially never have a problem since the cops usually keep a +10 mph buffer (unless they're in full a-hole mode:) ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.