I'm an Engineer and made an improved way to disable VCM. - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I'm an Engineer and made an improved way to disable VCM.

Quote Originally Posted by F100 View Post
    Yes, he said he has just the adjustable resistor plug earlier in the thread. It uses the same plug as the VCMuzzler. I ordered a second resistor plug from VCMtuner to test on my '12 Odyssey with a VCMuzzler on it. Here is what is looked like when shipped to me. The extra module is plugged in the harness side connector. Things look good. A little residue from the glue used on the plastic. But if it holds, it shouldn't cause a problem.

Attachment 101129 Attachment 101137 Attachment 101145 Attachment 101153

I haven't tested on our ODY yet as I only got it 3 days ago and the wife doesn't want me messing with it. But I have used the VCMtuner on my '17 Pilot now for two days and no big issues. I installed it several hours after it was driven. Cooled down enough to touch but sill warm. No Check engine light.

In watching Torque on my Pilot with a $10 VeePeak OBD module from Amazon, I can say that between 40 and 50 is fine this time of year. If my OBD module and app are correct, I'm getting a little more swing in temp if I idol. About 5 degrees in driving around. Now that may be because at less than 400 miles, all the coolant and coolant system are clean and fresh as a whistle. So the cooling efficiency is as good as it will ever get. So it swings a little more than when it has more miles and several years on it. My 2004 Ford Ranger used to do the same thing when new; wider swing in the coolant gauge.

This morning I was sitting between 163 and 167 most of the time when driving on a longer highway stretch to drop kids off at school. VCM would stay off. I may bump resistance up yet still from the 45 mark. But I'm trying to monitor as much I can to see how close to 167 I can stay to keep VCM from kicking in a 168. With the radio off, I can hear VCM clink in. It's hard to hear clink off now compared to the '12 ODY. Air temps this morning were in the 30's.

I have a quick video I shot that I will try to post soon. Noting you all know but pretty simple to give a visual from someone independent of both VCMtuner and VCMuzzler. I've spent close to $100 with each. I just want the best product that will work well and last. Time will tell with the VCMtuner but so far, it's certainly a nice improvement. US shipping is a plus. And if the pending patent gets approved, that will be nice. Passing CARB certification would be nice as well but I don't really care about CARB. That's why I also own a 1966 Ford F100 that spews emissions. I just want CARB to stopping messing with Gas Cans that used to work just fine.

F100, if you modified the dial from the shipped setting, then you might be running a lower resistance than expected. The shipped setting is 82-83 degrees F. I have seen a few of the tuner plugs visually between 40 and 50 is 82-83 ohms. If you want to get an actual resistance value you can remove the tuner plug from the vehicle, get two tiny paperclips and measure the resistance with a multimeter. I bet the 50 setting will work well for you. For every 10 ohms of resistance, 2-3F is reduced from the ECU gauge, at least on freeway operating temps from my testing.

I did some idle testing vs freeway driving tonight. I removed my tuner harness to ensure a completely stock test was done with no extra variables.

10 minute warmup, 5 mile drive for 55mph-65 in D3 to bypass VCM most of the time and get engine up to temperature. My ody has a 180 thermostat Used a veepeak scanner. Engine Coolant Temp sensor on torque w/ dial mode.

Average temperature at 55-60mph - 176F - freeway type driving
    Peak temperature after coming to a stop for 3-4 minutes - 206F. This was with the AC Off. I normally run auto but wanted to see what would happen. I was pretty amazed it got this high. Even in the winter.
    Peak temperature after coming to a stop for 3-4 minutes w/ AC-On - 190F. This is with the auto button enabled and AC On set to 70 degrees.

I noticed the temperature would more rapidly increase w/ the AC off. Within a few minutes temps hit 194 F w/ it off.

So it seems that leaving the vehicle in auto mode for the climate control may stabilize the coolant temperatures because the extra fan kicks on when the AC is engaged. I normally leave the AC on auto w/ the climate setting.

At least on my van, that's a considerable temp swing. I'll likely consider starting to run setting 50 myself (some 98-102 ohms) and see how it goes on the tuner now-on with things starting to warm up.

So the 82 ohm setting is normally shaving some 13-16 F off the freeway operating temperature to get down to 161-163F. The math says overall that's up to 1 degree per 5 ohms. It's not perfectly linear however because a 10 ohm change
    when at operating temperature on the freeway only seems to shift some 2-3F for my vehicle. At 5 degrees per ohm, to overcome a 205F temperature and knock this down to 167 F, that's 190 ohms of resistance. However, at 3F per ohm,
    this would be 114 ohms of resistance required, which is at least more reasonable. With AC on in the summertime, the coolant temps will likely require a 115-120+ ohms resistance to keep the eco light off. Ambients here are up to 112-113F.
    At least now you have the power to tune - in terms of having the eco light on occasionally or have it off all the time. Just be careful because too high of a setting deviated from normal operating temperature can generate a CEL on some models.

Hope this info helps.

Brock
    Last edited by vcmtuner; 02-15-2017 at 12:37 AM.
    "BEASTMAN"
    2007 Honda Odyssey Touring w/ vcmtuner
    1995 Honda Accord EX
    1991 Honda civic Si w/ 82k original miles
    1996 Chevy 1500
    40x60 Garage w/ DIY 8000 watt solar system
    1998 kubota 3710L

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

correction --- The shipped setting is 82-83 ohmns. Not 82-83F.
    "BEASTMAN"
    1995 Honda Accord EX
    1996 Chevy 1500
    1998 kubota 3710L

Thanks Brock. I do agree that the Honda 3.5 engines will swing a little higher in the temp range to maybe 207 or so as you saw when it's cool or cold out and the AC unit is not kicking in very much to bring the fans on as often. I don't know at what time they kick in to just to bring the coolant down when no AC is called for in the off setting. And with that ECO button on newer models engaged, it seems to cycle the AC less often and it does reduce the Cabin Fan speed. We need a good documentation of what else that button does beside retard throttle response. As in does it change shift points as well. So I say this because VCMtuner testing may be different with ECO on vs off, at least in city driving when there is little or less air flow over the radiator.

I only slightly upped the setting but not to 50 yet. But in several more days of testing is sets at close to 167 and down to 162 or 163 while driving. I'm going to be driving to Charlotte this weekend and it's supposed to get into the 70's. So I will test how it does on the Interstate. I too am using a $10 VeePeak module from Amazon that is supposed to be friendly when you leave it plugged in and not drain your battery. I'm not sure I trust it to not drain my battery but it works fine until the day when I can afford an official OBD chip module.

I haven't caused any trouble codes yet on the Pilot so that is good. Seems to be running well and I like that fact that I can break the engine in well with all cylinders firing. I don't need a ring job on this one as well, even at Honda's expense like our ODY had.
    2017 Pilot EX
    2012 Odyssey EX
    1966 Ford F100
    2003 Suzuki VX800

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I would say that its a bit underhanding to take work of another person and patent it.
    You want to patent the plug with adjustable resistor, that's fine, because that's the only thing you created.

The rest of it is direct copy of Verbatim design. You even went as far as to copy the pluggable third connection
    and used the same plug Verbatim uses on VCM Muzzler 2 design, that's why you are able to offer the stand alone plug.
    I guess this is called capitalism.

I grant you the fact that you created a neat solution to overcome the need for multiple plugs.
    It also solves the problem of adjusting hot vehicle (for most part, as long as your adjustments are minor).
    And enables to essentially zero out the effect of the VCM muzzler, by changing resistance to 0.

I can also see this new dial will scare some people to death, and telling them to adjust the "thingy" to 40 or 60 could be counter productive to the
    simplicity of VCM Muzzler.
    Inherently, you are giving control to people who have no business mocking around under the hood,
    I know few guys on this forum will appreciate the ability to do so, but thats a very small minority.

You could have just sold it for what it is, an improved VCM Muzzler, but patenting it is where I draw the line.
    Silver/Grey 2005 Odyssey EXL R&N
    White 2009 Maxima SV Premium & Tech

RIP: Dark Green 1995 Nissan Maxima SE - deer collision

Well said maxud. We are into robotics and the "scientific process". That is, our kid learns about this stuff, innovation, etc, etc, etc. I showed him this stuff and he is learning about patenting now. We told him this is not how its done, though its true about getting something to the market first (we see the concept in the movies a lot, but not how its done). There is something called the inspire/innovate award where others copy a design and credit the originator... one of he original design with most following gets that. Others copy it, improve it, and then present it as something they started from scratch. Thus an engineering notebook proves who really did not have it from start... Blah, blah. Moving on.

In addition to Patent, this guy is also just improving the product based on previous research and doing some experimenting himself. When another idea comes up, it is also described as something like I was working on something <insert same idea with more elegant rewording> because it needs to be documented as such. Its part of the patenting rules/scientific method. There is a website where it lists things (rules) and instructions for Patent and how much it costs, etc.

What I glean from this thread is that he does reference the Muzzler and "other" work. He recognized the opportunity and then bought an Ody, has access to few other Hondas (so do we). Added on something that is same as others thought, but quick to put it together and patent it. Then come to this and other sites and have it be more developed.

When folks like sontakke and dvpatel give other ideas, it is re-presented with slight variance in idea and described so that it "acts" as a scientific log (see previous posts). By patenting the core step in the process, it is hard for others to "better" the product because that would now be a breach. So any idea other that the analog, is in concept so far but he can actually develop it (as he puts it "concept to reality").

As for the rest, he is testing and applying same adjustment process as the muzzler but in real-time. My 12-yr old kid has yet to work on implementing the dial but yeah even he had this idea as a not professional engineer. After I showed him some of these posts, he said "Whoa. I thought this kind of stuff happens only in the movies" and I laughed. He did not see the "cool" part of it.

Capitalism. If this guy sold it for what it is, then there could be other improvements or better products. Now if someone wants to even think of improving it, they should try it out on their own and keep it there. If they post too many details, this guy can actually assemble it for his sales. If and when my kid actually makes his version I might try it out and mention on the forum. That would be it.
    |-2008 Ody T 84K@5/2016 VCMuzzler2; Goodyear Assurance 3Tread, (90040) TruCool LPD 4544 +Magnefine 3/8in filter; All Wheel bearings replaced; Centric rotors+Akebono pads; 4 ATF d/f; oem cargo tray; weathertech floor liners; New thermostat + ect1 sensor (89k); (93537) Airlift 1000 bags, Interior LEDs; 94600mi TB, SP, PS fluid;
    |-2001 Ody EX (sold 149k mi)
    |-2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe (232k, sold, downsizing)

Quote Originally Posted by vcmtuner View Post
    >>I even priced the connectors from verbatim. I still give full credit to Verbatim for this invention.
    >>This is not an improved way. Its just adding the variance to the innovation that Verbatim did so painstakingly.

I know verbatim was the first to actually implement a product to sell. No debate there.
    I have nothing but respect for his work here and help to others.

I even listed the history of his work in the "how it works" section on my website and referenced him with
    shipping the first pluggable product.

He has contributed greatly to those who want to fix this issue.
    But he also learned and used the work of others.
    TMuchacho discovered the operating temp back in 2014 ...
    VCM in Cold Temps - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

I'm sorry your a bit bent out of shape that I brought this concept to reality first.

Go look at my big tuner concept box a while back that had a PCB board and individual resistors mounted to the battery box
    on the website. It was pretty nice and was in a good location. But it was time consuming to build.
    My first prototype was so easy to manipulate that my wife could do it.

I agonized how to make the battery mount work for more models, but it was a real pain to
    standardize on that large of a box in an import vehicle.

Looked through tons of rheostats and many are just junk. Found the right one that
    would work within the diameter of the female honda connector; while also allowing
    me to disconnect the whole plug with the dial attached without getting in the way of the
    release clips. I have bags full of different parts while doing R&D that won't ever get used from mouser.
    The rheostats that were even descent in terms of size were not watertight, and did not have
    the proper temp ratings. I read datasheets. This was some R&D to put this together, and the final product looks sexy.

You honestly don't think this is an improved way? There was always room in the marketplace for improvement.

- No more key-rings or ziplock bags to keep track of all those plugs for the muzzler.
    - Re-enable VCM without pulling out the plug on the harness for diagnostics or freeway trips.
    - fine tune in 1-2 ohm increments instead of 15-20 ohms plugs.
    - Tune the setup while the vehicle is still running.
    - Tune the vehicle while it's still hot so you don't trip a CEL. Tuning does not disconnect the circuit.
    - Locate the tuner dial in a position where I can see it and use it without getting my hands burnt.

I will also say the harness itself has room for improvement. I'm going to start looking at developing
    a Y style harness to reduce the amount of stress on the factory wiring and plug-in the original connector
    as close as possible to the ECT1 sensor.

Sorry you don't see the value in what I am offering. Others here do.
    I've had quite a nice number of comments and discussion with members on the forum and facebook already about the product.

The patent I filed covers an analog version w/ a potentiometer, as well as an enhanced digital version.
    I also devised another method in the patent to disable VCM outside of the temp sensor hack.
    The temperature gauge VCM modification is an already accepted method to disabling VCM in the enthusiast market.

As you know, anyone can utilize work in someone's patent and do DIY. That's the whole point.
    Patents protect things at the commercial level. Sure, anyone can build what I just did DIY and put it on their ride,
    I'm betting most won't be interested in sourcing the parts, buying proper crimpers and soldering the tuner
    wires together, and make it all work reliably. For me, it's been an enjoyable diversion from my normal day-to-day
    efforts and my wife can't get over how much better the van drives that her husband fixed.

Patents are absolutely a function of industry when you are going to invest a
    substantial amount of your savings and time into mainstreaming a product.
    The VCMUzzler has been a terrific improvement to the lives of Honda owners in the enthusiast market.
    My long-term goal for VCMTuner is to reach beyond the enthusiast market to the average consumer. That market is 100% up for grabs to those who can crack the formula.
    I welcome constructive feedback from all.

Brock
    So in short, you did your own design, found it unworkable/unusable.
    Then you also considered digital design, for which you got nothing to show for, because its difficult to actually invent stuff.
    Then you stole Verbatim's design and patented it?

Verbatim may have used the work of others, but he made a product and gave everyone the knowledge to make one of their own.
    You came onto this forum took the work of all the people who contributed, including myself.
    You took the facts and the testing of the solution that multiple people have done and you call yourself an inventor? You sound more like a patent troll.
    Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

This type of **** just makes me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by maxud View Post
    So in short, you did your own design, found it unworkable/unusable.
    Then you also considered digital design, for which you got nothing to show for, because its difficult to actually invent stuff.
    Then you stole Verbatim's design and patented it?

Verbatim may have used the work of others, but he made a product and gave everyone the knowledge to make one of their own.
    You came onto this forum took the work of all the people who contributed, including myself.
    You took the facts and the testing of the solution that multiple people have done and you call yourself an inventor? You sound more like a patent troll.
    Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

This type of **** just makes me mad.
    Well said. Personally, I'll stick with Verbatim. The only reason to patent this would be so you can sue someone who rips off your ripped off "invention." Verbatim has been helpful, open with his info and work, has made me custom resistors, because the 2017 Ridgelines and Pilots are a bit different, and may need a slightly different solution on the Gulf Coast. But, our days of sharing and openness may be at an end with people patenting our open forum of communication. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dvpatel View Post
    That was the plan I had in mind. I even priced the connectors from verbatim. I still give full credit to Verbatim for this invention. This is not an improved way. Its just adding the variance to the innovation that Verbatim did so painstakingly.

I am sorry OP but I had already thought of this before I bought verbatim's unit. Its great that you're trying to get the certification etc done but patenting this? Really?
    DV, Can you please boot the "inventor" and his "invention" out of this forum please?
    If for nothing else, but breaking forum rules.

Remember Armstrong (fellow alumnus )and FM. RCA ripped him off. How about the guy who invented the intermittent wiper and the auto industry just robbed him. Who really invented AM radio? Verbatim thank you. Hey vcmtuner you're fake news.
    2005 EXL

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Remember Armstrong (fellow alumnus )and FM. RCA ripped him off. How about the guy who invented the intermittent wiper and the auto industry just robbed him. Who really invented AM radio? Verbatim thank you. Hey vcmtuner you're fake news.
    funny enough I just watched "The Founder", the story of McDonald's. Really hits home, but on a different level.

I dont have a problem with another guy copying VCM Muzzler, I think there are a bunch of clones of it already.
    It does not take an "Inventor" to put it together. Hell, back in the day, I made 10 muzzlers myself for the older 05-06
    Ody's, because Verbatim only sold newer connector styles.
    But this guy went above and beyond to screw everybody.

I mean look at what he is saying. He tries and fails to come up with "Original" design, so he just copies Verbatim's one to one.
    He says he wants to "improve it" and has a "whole different way" to disable VCM, but patents and sells direct copy.
    Boy this irks me like nothing else.

Go peddle your crap somewhere else.

Hat's off to you Brock, I think your improved version is great, and different/improved enough to not step on the other guy toes.

But using a resistor in line to fool a temp reading is not new. It been used with HHO guys at least 12 years ago in a free open source forum, so i'm not even sure how anyone could protect the original patent, unless his patent predates those guys. (but then again who know possibly a application patent.)

My only gripe is the $10 shipping cost. Paying $80 Plus for a resistor is hard enough, but then $10 shipping just makes me want to just simply make my own.
    Personally I'd like to see a $25 DIY "resistor kit" with no patent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourfishman View Post
    Hat's off to you Brock, I think your improved version is great, and different/improved enough to not step on the other guy toes.

But using a resistor in line to fool a temp reading is not new. It been used with HHO guys at least 12 years ago in a free open source forum, so i'm not even sure how anyone could protect the original patent, unless his patent predates those guys. (but then again who know possibly a application patent.)

My only gripe is the $10 shipping cost. Paying $80 Plus for a resistor is hard enough, but then $10 shipping just makes me want to just simply make my own.
    Personally I'd like to see a $25 DIY "resistor kit" with no patent.
    The shipping is 2-3 day USPS priority mail for $10.00. Cost on that is about $9.00 locally. For $1.00 cent difference this does not cover gas to the post office from my rural location (14 miles). I offer first class mail for $5.00, that takes about 3-5 days. The patent has a bunch of new art and ideas around disabling vcm digitally and with some other methods dynamically, including analog tweaks. The patent is only a tool to stay in business, not put someone else out of business. The core claims only patent the process w/ a variable resistor/rheostat with some other conditions. I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape on patents, most people barely even understand patents. I happen to do patent work in conjunction with my regular day-to-day engineering job. Most people have no idea how patent law, litigation even works. If you intend on staying in business these days, you better damn well have a patent handy, otherwise be prepared to get run over. Glad so many Purchasers are enjoying the product. It's nice not being locked into a particular value and having some flexibility, as well as not having to order/make other parts.
    "BEASTMAN"
    1995 Honda Accord EX
    1996 Chevy 1500
    1998 kubota 3710L

Quote Originally Posted by maxud View Post
    funny enough I just watched "The Founder", the story of McDonald's. Really hits home, but on a different level.

I dont have a problem with another guy copying VCM Muzzler, I think there are a bunch of clones of it already.
    It does not take an "Inventor" to put it together. Hell, back in the day, I made 10 muzzlers myself for the older 05-06
    Ody's, because Verbatim only sold newer connector styles.
    But this guy went above and beyond to screw everybody.

I mean look at what he is saying. He tries and fails to come up with "Original" design, so he just copies Verbatim's one to one.
    He says he wants to "improve it" and has a "whole different way" to disable VCM, but patents and sells direct copy.
    Boy this irks me like nothing else.

Go peddle your crap somewhere else.
    No one is getting screwed. People like my improvement and are buying the product, even those who already own a muzzler. You should be glad the market for VCM defeat devices is expanding with some more options/improvements. Do you think verbatim should have a lifetime exclusive right to sell the only VCM defeat product? Even if other improved products exist? By that logic we'd still be driving Model T's. Capitalism motivates innovation. The market determines whether the innovation was successful.

I have had people buy my product who said they just were not going to buy a fixed resistor plug solution. In terms of the patent it only covers a rheostat digitally and analog in conjunction with some other facets/ideas and modes to disable VCM. Patents don't stop individuals in the marketplace from building their own stuff. Patents are a defensive tool, not an offensive tool. There are about 4 people selling products right now. If you don't like the patent, so be it. I'd like to stay in business and continue improving the product, this requires resources to do so. If you go into business these days with no intellectual property, you've already lost. My end goal is to sell to dealerships through manufacturer representatives. In fact today I had a great meeting with one of the customer service reps at my local Honda dealership and is going to introduce me to his service manager about my product next week. I'm planning to meet them and show them my odyssey with the unit installed, get some feedback as I am trying to mainstream the product beyond the enthusiast market. I told him Honda won't endorse this solution ever, but this might be a solution for some of your customers frustrated out of their minds w/ the vibration problems. He agreed. I am going to have an on/off switch installed to enable/disable the vcmtuner, possibly this weekend that fits in a factory position in the dash before heading back there to show them the complete concept.

I acknowledge verbatim created the first plugged solution, and I would add that other forum members were instrumental in actually helping the original creator of the muzzler the feedback necessary to know he needed a resistor port within the first few weeks of the muzzler 1.0. Go look at those threads w/ the resistor fiasco. First 40 ohms, then 68 ohms, then 82 ohms, then 100 ohms for some people in January. I think I remember seeing some of your posts in there Max. So the credit for the VCM disabling altogether goes to plenty of forum members who put pieces of the puzzle together. TMuchacho on the piloteers forum first figured out the temp hack and how it could be done back in 2014. He actually cracked the 167 degree code. Ultimately, that discovery has allowed VCM to be disabled at this time. Verbatim brought the knowledge of those concepts to reality and did quite a bit of testing. He was absolutely determined to disable VCM, and he did it.

Many people didn't like the fixed resistor solution, so I found a way to adjust it without removing it from the vehicle. First I built a rotary analog box with a PCB board, populated it with resistors. Then I found a way to downsize it using the same connectors that are used for the factory ports because I had some of them already. It was difficult finding a rheostat with the specs to put under the hood. This brought the variable resistor concept to reality, plus it can be utilized by existing members who already purchased a muzzler. I'd call that a double-win. If you like verbatim's solution better, so be it. I wanted something better.

Have a nice day.
    "BEASTMAN"
    1995 Honda Accord EX
    1996 Chevy 1500
    1998 kubota 3710L

All of this considered, I too would like to recommend that vcmtuner be removed as a member and be required to purchase a sponsorship on the site in order to promote his business. He violated site rules, and is obviously starting a commercial venture. He should expect to be treated as such.

No one is getting screwed. People like my improvement and are buying the product, even those who already own a muzzler. You should be glad the market for VCM defeat devices is expanding with some more options/improvements. Do you think verbatim should have a lifetime exclusive right to sell the only VCM defeat product? Even if other improved products exist? By that logic we'd still be driving Model T's. Capitalism motivates innovation. The market determines whether the innovation was successful.
    People like their car to be VCM free, and I hardly blame them for it. I told you, I would not have a problem with you selling
    your plug, but what you did is COPIED somebody else design, but claimed it as your own. You did not invent anything and you don't deserve a patent on it. Verbatim brought an idea to the forum, and came up with two products to implement his idea. Countless people chosen to cut their wires and install inline resistors. Same applies to people who installed variable resistors inline. People did think of it and implemented it before you ever showed up here.
    The idea is out in public domain, come up with your unique product and abide by the forum rules, then nobody will have a problem with your patents and your products.

I have had people buy my product who said they just were not going to buy a fixed resistor plug solution. In terms of the patent it only covers a rheostat digitally and analog in conjunction with some other facets/ideas and modes to disable VCM.
    Why don't you post your patent here? I am sure it will promote nothing but further innovation on the VCM disabler product.

Patents don't stop individuals in the marketplace from building their own stuff. Patents are a defensive tool, not an offensive tool. There are about 4 people selling products right now. If you don't like the patent, so be it. I'd like to stay in business and continue improving the product, this requires resources to do so. If you go into business these days with no intellectual property, you've already lost. My end goal is to sell to dealerships through manufacturer representatives. In fact today I had a great meeting with one of the customer service reps at my local Honda dealership and is going to introduce me to his service manager about my product next week. I'm planning to meet them and show them my odyssey with the unit installed, get some feedback as I am trying to mainstream the product beyond the enthusiast market. I told him Honda won't endorse this solution ever, but this might be a solution for some of your customers frustrated out of their minds w/ the vibration problems. He agreed. I am going to have an on/off switch installed to enable/disable the vcmtuner, possibly this weekend that fits in a factory position in the dash before heading back there to show them the complete concept.
    Congratulations, go to the dealers and peddle your product there. I would love to hear that conversation between
    the dealer and the client.
    --We are selling you this awesome car that has this tiny problem. We got a solution for the problem, but you will loose your warranty over it. Oh btw, we just lost the lawsuit that requires us to rebuild engines, because of the tiny problem. But don't you worry, this magic device will make all the problems disappear and we will not do the engine rebuilds anymore.
    Of course this device is not endorsed by Honda, in fact Honda would pull our franchise license if they knew we are installing this on your car. Also the company that stands behind this "product" is a guy who is working out of his
    "40x60 garage w/ diy 8000 watt solar system", but he is got the patent on this, so don't you worry, improvements will be on the way.

Too bad Ican't buy the stuff you are smoking in CT.

I acknowledge verbatim created the first plugged solution, and I would add that other forum members were instrumental in actually helping the original creator of the muzzler the feedback necessary to know he needed a resistor port within the first few weeks of the muzzler 1.0. Go look at those threads w/ the resistor fiasco. First 40 ohms, then 68 ohms, then 82 ohms, then 100 ohms for some people in January. I think I remember seeing some of your posts in there Max. So the credit for the VCM disabling altogether goes to plenty of forum members who put pieces of the puzzle together. TMuchacho on the piloteers forum first figured out the temp hack and how it could be done back in 2014. He actually cracked the 167 degree code. Ultimately, that discovery has allowed VCM to be disabled at this time. Verbatim brought the knowledge of those concepts to reality and did quite a bit of testing. He was absolutely determined to disable VCM, and he did it.
    Precisely, that is the power of forum and communal mind. We are here to help each other and not to rip each other off.
    Verbatim came here and offered a general solution to the problem, and a product.
    You could have created your own solution, but somehow, when I look at yours I see Verbatim's.

Many people didn't like the fixed resistor solution, so I found a way to adjust it without removing it from the vehicle. First I built a rotary analog box with a PCB board, populated it with resistors. Then I found a way to downsize it using the same connectors that are used for the factory ports because I had some of them already. It was difficult finding a rheostat with the specs to put under the hood. This brought the variable resistor concept to reality, plus it can be utilized by existing members who already purchased a muzzler. I'd call that a double-win. If you like verbatim's solution better, so be it. I wanted something better.
    Have a nice day.
    Many people don't like many things. Some don't like the price, some don't like shipping time, some don't like the fact that they can't build one themselves.
    I made a comparison of you to my wife, you are thief who stole goods from the house, but then came back to the same house to try and sell them back to the owner.

Let me tell you what I told countless people who approached me about the muzzler. Its not worth to build your own, because:
    a. plugs need to be bought in quantity, and require a bit of time to locate
    b. it requires a special crimping tool thats not worth buying for single use
    Those two things are the single reason why not everybody and their grandma are making these muzzlers.

YOU NEED this forum to peddle your product and I don't like how you roll. THIS FORUM does NOT NEED YOU, because you are not adding anything of value to it. Good luck with "your" product, I hope to never see you on this forum again.

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast