DRL & Electrical issue problems and resolutions
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DRL & Electrical issue problems and resolutions

DRL & Electrical issue problems and resolutions

Hello everyone,

First, a thank is probably due to all the help I have received from the forum. I just got my account enabled with the help of the admin's so I have not been able to post, questions, answers or thanks for the information I have received from posts. I have a 2010 LX had about 89,000 when purchased but I have about 105,000 on it now. I have done brakes, shocks, alternator, new plugs, fixed a slider, new AC compressor, VCM Buster and also removed the DVD system and replaced with a 15 in a drop down screen with HDMI so the kids could just plus in their ipads, and we could use a Firestick on the road.

Ok, I worked on this DRL issue for two days, and I wanted to post information back as I could not find some key items in all my searches.

Situation: Wife came home and said the VSA light came on, and the van did not start the first time she tried. Knowing from the alternator incident that it can sometimes be electrical related and that I did not change the battery when I did the alternator I figured that was it. It was light out at the time, so I checked the voltage at the battery and saw it was 11.8 and decided I would replace that. Later that evening I went out and saw the DRL were on and I kept hearing a click or something. I was a little stumped but expected a new battery to fix it so I disconnected the negative and let it be. I went to battery plus and got a great deal on a sealed car battery; I took the original with me, so the battery was out a couple of hours. I got home and replaced the battery and found a lot of weird things going on still, DRL would come on five mins or so after I shut off the van, ABS light, D light blink VSA, etc... So I did the ECM reset process, took the van out and drove it for 30 mins ran great. I turned off the van, and the DRL were still on, AND the key FOB worked for the doors but would not lock it. After about 30 mins of research, the battery had drained down some, so I pulled the #3 fuse by the driver's foot for the DRL, which triggered the dash light... After more research, I learned that the 05-10 have only a relay vs. a DRL module. I I figured since the lights were on and the door would not lock with the FOB it had to be the relay going bad and thinking that the key was still in the ignition. Could not find that relay anywhere. I look in the manuals, online and most post related to the pre 05 models. I finally found it under the power steering reservoir on the passenger side of the engine compartment. I pulled it and tested it, and it was not clicking or opening up the circuit when there was no energy which is supposed to happen when you remove the key or release the parking brake. I got a new relay from Auto Zone, and all is good now, no dash lights, no DRL staying on, FOB works etc...

Point 1: DRL relay is under the power steering reservoir. I actually finally found a post on another forum from a Canadian guy adding DRL's and he mentioned tying into the relay box under the power steering reservoir. Score!

Point 2: Finding the Mitsuba rc-5102 relay proved to be difficult. At two auto part's, stores, they show nothing in stock and no part numbers for 2010 DRL relay. So the AutoZone guy let me go in the back with him, and we found this duralast relay that matched up correctly. I can't post links or images yet but the part number was 953394. $17.99 with a lifetime warranty.

Thanks again and I hope this helps someone. Probably would have been 2-3 hours of shop time tracking this down if I had taken it in.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you found it. Should have just posted the question, though. 10 minutes with a wiring diagram and we probably could have had that figured out. You can get factory wiring diagrams at BBB Industries - TSB's & Wiring Diagrams. I use them all the time.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

Quote Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
    Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you found it. Should have just posted the question, though. 10 minutes with a wiring diagram and we probably could have had that figured out. You can get factory wiring diagrams at I use them all the time.
    I just found out I could post today. I joined back in Oct but could never get the confirmation email actually to log in. I would have loved to ask sure would have saved time. You did answer a question for me; I was looking for a place to get diagrams. I will check BBB out

Thank you!!

Had to delete the url to reply... sorry

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread