2007 Honda Odyssey valve timing oil pressure switch
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Honda Odyssey valve timing oil pressure switch

2007 Honda Odyssey valve timing oil pressure switch

Hello everybody. I am getting very frustrated and am desperate for some help on this issue. I have a 2007 Odyssey and I am getting the VSA fault when at Idle. This is due to the valve timing regulated by the oil pressure switch. I bought the oil pressure switch and have had it for about 3 weeks. I would really like to install it but can't find the location on the engine. I have called Honda of America and a Honda Dealership and I have also called a local mechanic and no one can give me a clear answer. I have searched online for answers and not found a thing of help. All the info is for a 2006 or 2008 and those are both different than the 2007.

I was hoping that someone on here would have a 2007 Honda Odyssey and can please post a picture of where to find the valve timing oil pressure switch so I can get rid of this very obnoxious fault. Thanks for taking time to look at my issue. I will check back later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 Honda Odyssey valve timing oil pressure switch-shopping.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (Front) (EX-L, Touring) Left rear of engine. See Fig. 15.

Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (LX & EX) Under engine. See Fig. 184.

Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (Rear) (EXL, Touring) Right rear of engine. See Fig. 35.

Working on images.
    2007 Honda Odyssey Touring

Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (Front) (EX-L, Touring) Left rear of engine. See Fig. 15.

Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (LX & EX) Under engine. See Fig. 184.

Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (Rear) (EXL, Touring) Right rear of engine. See Fig. 35.

Click on image for large view..
    2007 Honda Odyssey valve timing oil pressure switch-rocker-arm-oil-pressure-switch.jpg
    Last edited by bobodaclown; 06-17-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    2007 Honda Odyssey Touring

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the reply, but i still can't find it. Does anyone have one who can take a better picture. I have a pit and ive been underneith the van and all over looking for this thing. those plugs say they are black or gray. this one is green. Does anyone know where this is or is it the wrong oil pressure switch? On all the auto parts stores it says its the right one for 2007 but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can somoene with a 2007 Odyssey please help me out.

Thanks!

according to the options in my owners manual i have the EX-L if that helps anyone.

you get it from the top of the engine compartment, don't judge the sensor by color, they can made it in different color. what's the part number? did you get it from dealer or aftermarket shop

i figured out that the LX and EX use an older style oil pressure sensor than the EX-L and Touring. That is why I couldn't find it. Its not just the color it is that it is round and the one on mine is black and is more of an oval shape or like a rounded rectangle connector. and it costs $180 where the older one that I got was only $35... So now I need to figure out if there is a way to disable the VVT until I can afford this expensive sensor. Any Idea how to disable the VVT so it doesn't need to use the sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey2007x View Post
    i figured out that the LX and EX use an older style oil pressure sensor than the EX-L and Touring. That is why I couldn't find it. Its not just the color it is that it is round and the one on mine is black and is more of an oval shape or like a rounded rectangle connector. and it costs $180 where the older one that I got was only $35... So now I need to figure out if there is a way to disable the VVT until I can afford this expensive sensor. Any Idea how to disable the VVT so it doesn't need to use the sensor?
    that's why. ex-l and touring use this sensor, #15 37260-PZA-003

https://www.bkhondaparts.com/auto-pa...er-head-2-scat

thanks. I figured that out a little too late. I guess I will have to sell the one I have and buy the other style. I found it on ebay for under $60

Be careful of the eBay sensors. There are Chinese knock-offs galore out there and your results can vary greatly. How do you know the oil pressure sensor is the problem? Have you done any testing? Just because there is a code for it doesn't necessarily mean the sensor is the problem.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

13. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread