Water found inside backup light assembly
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water found inside backup light assembly

Water found inside backup light assembly

I observed water inside backup light assembly on my 2010 Odyssey especially after heavy rain. I do plan on removing them so I can clean the inside then find/seal the leak. Anyone else ever experienced the same issue also?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I have water in both of my rear quarter panel taillights. I dried them out and resealed them with clear silicone. Did this about 2 weeks ago and had a ton of rain recently. So far so good.

Search here for solutions.
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

There is a TSB for this issue. It doesn't technically cover the 2010 but I'd definitely perform it if they're getting water in them.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A09-080.PDF
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

This is a very common problem. Some people simply drill a small hole in the lower corner to drain the water out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
    There is a TSB for this issue. It doesn't technically cover the 2010 but I'd definitely perform it if they're getting water in them.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A09-080.PDF
    Please do not directly link the TSBs. If/when we have to move servers, it is a nightmare to get all the links updated. I would appreciate it if you only link the TSB thread and ask the users to refer to the TSB Number in that thread.

A few years back, it took us weeks to get all the links updated when my hosting service went belly up and I moved providers.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content
    alexmish1's Hidden Content

This just happened to me last week. So this posted at the right time as today I was going to take it apart to see if I could fix it. Thanks for posting the tsb so now I can fix it right.
    2008 Odyssey Ex

our 2007 touring has water in passenger side tailgate light assembly after heavy rain. replace the assembly (the assembly come with a new gasket) and no more water. not sure if it is the gasket but no visual crack on the housing of the old one, I did nothing on the TSB.

Well I now preformed the tsb so I will have to wait for the next rain to see if it fixed my problem or not.
    2008 Odyssey Ex

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread