Replacement of a side view mirror is cheaper and easier than you might think. I recently found our Ody parked in the driveway with one of the mirrors dangling from it's wire bundle. I replaced it as follows:
1. Pull free the small black fascia plate located on the inside of the door. Pull on the upper half of the fascia plate.
2. Unplug the mirror assy.
3. On the outside of the van cut the wire bundle that the mirror is dangling from.
4. Leave the part of the mirror assy still attached to the door in place until your replacement arrives.
5. Obtain a replacement mirror assy. The mirror and mount come as a complete unit. Driver's side is LH, passenger side RH. Know what color you want. I got mine from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...artsSearch.jsp
6. The mirror mount assy is attached to the door with three 8mm nuts (color black). Remove and keep the nuts. Pull the mirror mount off the door.
7. Attach the new mirror assy using the same three nuts, plug it in and snap on the fascia plate.
8. Refresh yourself with a choice beverage.