Replacement of Side View Mirror
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement of Side View Mirror

Replacement of Side View Mirror

Replacement of a side view mirror is cheaper and easier than you might think. I recently found our Ody parked in the driveway with one of the mirrors dangling from it's wire bundle. I replaced it as follows:

1. Pull free the small black fascia plate located on the inside of the door. Pull on the upper half of the fascia plate.

2. Unplug the mirror assy.

3. On the outside of the van cut the wire bundle that the mirror is dangling from.

4. Leave the part of the mirror assy still attached to the door in place until your replacement arrives.

5. Obtain a replacement mirror assy. The mirror and mount come as a complete unit. Driver's side is LH, passenger side RH. Know what color you want. I got mine from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...artsSearch.jsp

6. The mirror mount assy is attached to the door with three 8mm nuts (color black). Remove and keep the nuts. Pull the mirror mount off the door.

7. Attach the new mirror assy using the same three nuts, plug it in and snap on the fascia plate.

8. Refresh yourself with a choice beverage.
    Mark

'05 Ody EX-L Slate Green/Olive
    '01 CR-V

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Talking Mirror Replacement - Search paid off

Thanks 3M+J for the instructions and thanks to the search feature for me not starting another thread!!

Keep this post handy since Honda mirrors take the concept of "break away" a little too literal. Don't be fooled by the fact that you can move the mirrors with your hands, that's just for parking...

Berdiniparts.com was a steal of a deal on the whole assembly and their service was super!

Love the van. Yes, I even had to pay 50 bucks for a nail in my Pax at 7500 miles...and I still love the van...

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    On the 2nd Generation Odyssey, to plug in the connector you needed to remove the interior door panel. This sounds much more simpler.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Originally posted by New Dad New Van
    On the 2nd Generation Odyssey, to plug in the connector you needed to remove the interior door panel. This sounds much more simpler.
    Exactly as 3M+J explained. I laid awake at night thinking about prying the door panel off. I loath taking door panels off. They never see to go back on as tight as they did from the factory...

I'm glad my post helped. More recently, I had the regrettable experience of having to replace a rear seat cushion and cover, as well as the rear center seat belt (all chewed up by a dog). You spoke of not wanting to remove a door panel...whoo boy, when you have to get the headliner down to replace the seatbelt you gots to remove darn near every panel in the van...it takes the better part of the day! The procedure is too long for the forum...One just has to suck it up and buy the service manual.
    Mark

'05 Ody EX-L Slate Green/Olive
    '01 CR-V

Count your blessings....

My daughter has a Saturn VUE.
    The replacement of the side mirror was a week long affair. Saturn does not stock the mirrors already painted!
    So you have to buy the mirror and take it to a body shop to be painted. (in my daughter case twice as they could not seem to get the color right) This was a huge PITA as merging onto the freeway, a part of her daily commute, was near impossible without the mirror. The whole thing cost more than $400.

Thanks for the info, my diver side view mirror was knocked off the other day and i plann on either repairing of replacing it soon.

I had this problem with my 05 last year.. happened in the parking lot at work. Very easy to replace, I did get the mirror by going to the dealer with the pricing from Bernardi and two other places on line and they came within $5.00 of matching. Close enough.

The "broken" mirror was in good shape, no damage to the plastic, only the metal pivot which has been epoxied together. Passenger side midnight blue if anyone needs a cheap replacement, everything works except no pivot.
    Last edited by chan_man; 02-21-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    05 EX-L Midnight Blue Pearl
    01 EX (traded in)
    97 CRV
    09 CRV

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements