Navi and radio pin code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Navi and radio pin code

Lin

Navi and radio pin code

Is there a single code that works for both navi and radio, if locked out? I found a sticker that has a 4 digit code on it with another set of numbers, but no explanation. I'm assuming it's my navi code, and dwas hoping there is just one code for both. My dealer told me they have no idea!

thanks,
    Lin

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

There's a separate code for both. There should be 2 sets of numbers ... the code/unlock number and the serial number for both.

There are 2 sets of numbers for both the radio and nav.
    2006 Ody, EX-L w/ RES & NAV, Silver Pearl with Grey interior
    1991 Honda Accord LX

See this thread (that you have already posted in) :
    Navi PIN Entry - a 60 Day 'Bomb'?
    The answer is in the first or second reply.

Lin
    thanks, that's what I thought, but I have 2 sets of the same numbers, so was wondering if maybe i was mistaken.

Lin

My guess is the printer screwed up on it. But you could always try it, but then if it's wrong you're S.O.L. til you find the right codes. I entered mine onto the Honda Owners Link website info for myself in case I lost it ... maybe you or the dealer or other family member did as well so you can retrieve it? My dealer put it on my account for me (the van, I entered the codes).
    2006 Ody, EX-L w/ RES & NAV, Silver Pearl with Grey interior
    1991 Honda Accord LX

Lin
    my dealer has no idea what the codes are! they claim to have no record, and tellme I have to bring the van in. Now, it's an hour away, since I got it through abroker. The card in the glove box is there, but nothing filled out. I found 2 sets of numbers, as I said, both the same. Damn, this is frustrating...

Lin

My radio code is 5-digits, the NAVI is 4. If you have your NAVI code you may still be able to get the radio code off the sticker hidden on the outside of the glovebox?
    2005 Desert Rock/EX-L

Lin
    there are no stickers hidden on the outside of my glovebox, but thanks for the suggestion

Lin

Have you tried with a local dealer in your area other than who you got the van from? If there's one closer they might try to help out in order to earn your maintenance business?
    2005 Desert Rock/EX-L

Oh, and try looking along the edge of the hatch. For some reason when we got our van it came up that sometimes the stickers get put somewhere either on the hatch or in the opening.
    2005 Desert Rock/EX-L

Lin
    how freaky - i get in my car yesterday afternoon, after driving all morning, start the car up, and it asks me for my code for the navi! Thank goodness that 4 digit code i found worked! I've had my car for about 5-6 weeks. Wht is it about the navi system that causes it to stop wroking and need to enter a code??

Lin

Originally posted by Lin
    how freaky - i get in my car yesterday afternoon, after driving all morning, start the car up, and it asks me for my code for the navi! Thank goodness that 4 digit code i found worked! I've had my car for about 5-6 weeks. Wht is it about the navi system that causes it to stop wroking and need to enter a code??

Lin
    It could be Mr. Gate's bug is acting up in the navigation system. There might also be losing electrical connection somewhere..! The intermittent problem can be very tough to troubleshoot and find solution for it. The dealership might have the diagnostic equipment to detect or extract the error code from it..!

@2006 Odyssey- Slate Green
    -EXL/NAV/RES/XM
    -Alarm
    -Fog Lamps
    -Roof Rack
    @2006 Civic Coupe- Atomic Blue
    -EX/NAV
    -CD/MP3/XM/PC CARD
    -Fog Lamps
    -Alarm
    -Rear Spoiler
    -Half Nose Mask
    @2006 Bicycles
    -Mountain Bike- Blue (man)
    -Kid trailer
    -Mountain Bike- Silver (woman)

So thankful for these boards! I had a battery replaced and when I left the shop the radio wasn't working. I drove back and they reset the code for radio...couple months later I realized the dvd was no longer working. Honda wanted to charge me a diagnostic fee so I decided to do research. Found this solution. I went to disconnect the battery and for the life of me could only disconnect the negative side. I left the negative side disconnected for about an hour. I reconnected it and lo and behold the dvd is working again yeah! I had to reenter the radio code which I had BUT THEN....new problem...now the Navi needed a code (which I didn't have). Called Honda and they were no help (said I needed to locate the serial # first which was hard to find). Thank God for you tube- here is what you do if your navi needs code. When screen says enter code push the map,menu,cancel buttons all together at same time for about 10 seconds. Screen will give choices- hit "unit check" then "Navi ECU" and there will be the serial number you need in order to get code. Once you have that serial # you can get code here https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements