Power sliding door stop working on 2007 ody
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power sliding door stop working on 2007 ody

Power sliding door stop working on 2007 ody

We are having issue with passenger side sliding door issue since yesterday. Door suddenly stop working and does not operate autometically by remote or dashboard switch. i have to open it manually. I don't hear any beep upon pressing buttons also there is no fault light indication on dashboard.

Our oddy is only 2 months old. I will try reseting Fuse today but certain this kind of issue is unacceptable for such a new and costly vehicle.

Anyone else run in this issue before?? i have not found any complain/post for complete power sliding door failure for 2005+ models so, decided to create new thread..
    Odyssey' 07 - EXL with DVD & Nav: Color - Nimbus Gray
    Remote Starter (Audiovox)
    Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth
    Sirius Backseat TV - SCV1
    Weathertech Floor liner

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Why not take it to the dealer? If you hate the selling dealer, you can use any Honda dealer.

Make sure the slide switch above the sliding door rocker switches on the dash is in the positon showing a red circle.

Originally posted by pappy
    Make sure the slide switch above the sliding door rocker switches on the dash is in the positon showing a red circle.
    Power door Switch is on. My Driver side sliding door works fine. Now, I also tried removing both fuses (one under the hood in main fuse box) and other (passenger side - under the dashboard). But no luck. Door still doesn't work.. Looks like i have to bring my van back to dealer tomorrow.
    Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth
    Weathertech Floor liner

Fuses are usually shared. Are there any other features in the salon that stopped working - like overhead reading lights, power windows, power seat, etc ?

His - (NEW) 2011 BMW X5 35d fully loaded, platinum gray/black... GO DIESEL! 23mpg mixed, 30mpg highway, 425 lb/ft torque @ 1700 rpm
    Her - (NEW) 2010 BMW 335XI, fully loaded, monaco blue/black
    His - (SOLD) 05 Touring Sage Brush/Ivory NAVI+RES, DesignTech Daytime Running Lights module, CentricParts front brake pads, MrGrille, Sunroof Visor, Mudflaps, Chrome Tail Pipe Tip, AutoBahn mirror, Panoramic rearview mirror, Padded coin tray, Lighted 2nd row console, Felt-padded, Rattle-free, 18+ coats of Klausse, WeatherTech Vent Shades, XenonDepot HID 4300K, Wilson's Pads, Hood Deflector w/Odyssey logo, new 4 PAX tires at 21,500 mi, then again at 25,300 mi.
    Hers - 04 ES330 w/NAVI
    Former owner of 01 EX-NAVI(4yrs/45K mi) Emerald Green
    Customer Acceptance Checklist : http://www.urvi.net/2005odyfan/Checklist.html
    Pictures Of My Ody : http://home.comcast.net/~2005odyfan/myody.html
    Rattle Kill : http://www.urvi.net/2005odyfan/rattlekill.html
    Disclaimer : All DIY changes recommended in my posts/web sites/links are to be performed at your own risk. Author does not guarantee that modifications will not cause any damage, either immediate or in the future.

Power Sliding Door - Reset Procedure for 05+ oddy

Hi guys,
    I have manage to succesfully resetting my PSDs on new Oddy myself using old "Reset PSD - fuse remoal" procedure listed on this forum for pervious version of oddy. Only changes in new oddy is fuse locations are different and there are multiple fuses you need to remove to reset the logic circuit. Looks like Honda still using same firmware for Power sliding door operation and it is still possiblity to get occational glitches.

PSD reset procedure:

(1) Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF position. Remove following fuses one by one and leave it out for at least 30 second (I waited for minute).
    * Driver side fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
    * Passenger side Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Instrument pannel)
    * Primary under the hood Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
    * Primary under the hood fuse box (Fuse no. 15 (40A) - Back up, Acc)

(2) Install all fuses in to original location. Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF positon and make sure the ignition swithc is in LOCK "0" position.

(3) Manually open the sliding doors fully. (Both)

(4) Turn on the ignition switch to ON "II" position while leaving both doors fully open.

(5) Turn on the main switch for power sliding doors on the dash board.

(6) Push and hold close side of the "Master Power door" switch (switch for L & R doors under main power switch on dash board) until door is fully closed. follow the same process for other slide door.

(7) Now you all set. perform the test run to open and close both doors using switch, handle and remote..

You are all Set.... No trip to dealer needed.. If this happen again in short period of time, I will sure bring my car to dealer..

I hope this will help to some other people with similar issue.

Sorry for the late reply guys..

Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth
    Weathertech Floor liner

Quote Originally Posted by hiworld1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have manage to succesfully resetting my PSDs on new Oddy myself using old "Reset PSD - fuse remoal" procedure listed on this forum for pervious version of oddy. Only changes in new oddy is fuse locations are different and there are multiple fuses you need to remove to reset the logic circuit. Looks like Honda still using same firmware for Power sliding door operation and it is still possiblity to get occational glitches.

PSD reset procedure:

(1) Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF position. Remove following fuses one by one and leave it out for at least 30 second (I waited for minute).

(2) Install all fuses in to original location. Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF positon and make sure the ignition swithc is in LOCK "0" position.

(4) Turn on the ignition switch to ON "II" position while leaving both doors fully open.

(6) Push and hold close side of the "Master Power door" switch (switch for L & R doors under main power switch on dash board) until door is fully closed. follow the same process for other slide door.

(7) Now you all set. perform the test run to open and close both doors using switch, handle and remote..

You are all Set.... No trip to dealer needed.. If this happen again in short period of time, I will sure bring my car to dealer..

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this post!!! I have had issues with my 06 Odyssey passenger sliding door. This reset procedure helped resolve my issue and save me from sending it to Honda. They were asking for $102 just for a diagnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by cessnabmw View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thank you for this post!!! I have had issues with my 06 Odyssey passenger sliding door. This reset procedure helped resolve my issue and save me from sending it to Honda. They were asking for $102 just for a diagnostic.
    Crap... Spoke too soon. The fix only lasted a couple of days and I am back to square one again.

Any other suggestions to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by cessnabmw View Post
    Crap... Spoke too soon. The fix only lasted a couple of days and I am back to square one again.

Any other suggestions to fix this?
    Anyone?

there is another post for the latching mechanism on these doors causing similar issue sometimes works most times does not. The post shows the repair procedure and part

Quote Originally Posted by County Honda View Post
    there is another post for the latching mechanism on these doors causing similar issue sometimes works most times does not. The post shows the repair procedure and part
    Thx. Tried searching but can't find that thread.

The doors work perfectly fine when the car is OFF.

The passenger side door is the one that has an issue only when the car is ON. Driver side works fine when ON or OFF.

So frustrating!

You posted this on another thread
    "Hi! I'm new to the forum and have a 2006 Touring.

I have an issue with my passenger side sliding door. The door works fine if the car is off.

When the car is on, the door opens halfway, beeps, then closes. I Have to turn off the car to open or close that door. The driver side sliding door work fine (if the car is on or off).

I tried the reset procedure above, but it didn't fix my issue.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?"

When the van is on (running ) and you open the door it opens halfway, beeps then closes. The door has detected an error it has hit something?
    When opening manually does it delay or hesitate at that point? it does sound like it is something mechanical. Cable overlap or idler issue. That being said it should be the same for Van on or off. If you grab the door handle or hit the switch during operation the door stops and just beeps. I tested mine in my garage

2005 Ody Right Side sliding door latch

Here is the link to the latching issue.

2005 Ody LS sliding door latch

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by County Honda View Post
    You posted this on another thread
    "Hi! I'm new to the forum and have a 2006 Touring.

I have an issue with my passenger side sliding door. The door works fine if the car is off.

When the car is on, the door opens halfway, beeps, then closes. I Have to turn off the car to open or close that door. The driver side sliding door work fine (if the car is on or off).

I tried the reset procedure above, but it didn't fix my issue.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?"

When the van is on (running ) and you open the door it opens halfway, beeps then closes. The door has detected an error it has hit something?
    When opening manually does it delay or hesitate at that point? it does sound like it is something mechanical. Cable overlap or idler issue. That being said it should be the same for Van on or off. If you grab the door handle or hit the switch during operation the door stops and just beeps. I tested mine in my garage

2005 Ody Right Side sliding door latch

Here is the link to the latching issue.

2005 Ody LS sliding door latch

Regards
    Thanks for the link. I don't believe that is my issue. The door work fine when the car is OFF. It has issues when the car is ON.... The latch is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hiworld1 View Post
    Hi guys,

PSD reset procedure:

I just tried this and it didn't work. I was really hoping it would. My problem sounds like everyone else's so why aren't these suggestions working. grrr. I have a 2007. I bought it used about a year ago. Never had a problem with it. Then the other day, my son opened the door to get out and when I went around to close it, it just wouldn't close. So weird!
    I can't afford to go to the dealership....does anyone else have any other ideas?? I am desperate.
    Thanks

Thanks much for the reset procedure! After I cleaned and lubed the tracks on my wife's 2006 EX-L, it still needed to be reset to get the door moving again. Now it's smooth and quiet, working great.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements