AFTERMARKET Ceiling Mount DVD player
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AFTERMARKET Ceiling Mount DVD player

cnn

AFTERMARKET Ceiling Mount DVD player

We have a 2007 Ody LX.

Just curious what you folks use for AFTERMARKET Ceiling Mount DVD player.

1. Brand (Alpine, Clarion, Nesa, Concept, Pyle etc.)

2. Size in inches: The standard seems to be 9-10". But I also saw a monster 15" screen.
    They told us every single brand, regardless of size, blocks rearview mirror...so ? safety issues.

3. Price paid (incl. installation)

4. Or...Any installation DIY Info?

Thanks.

cnn
    Last edited by cnn; 07-02-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    cnn: 2007 Odyssey LX

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I'd appreciate information on the same issue. We just bought a 2007 EX-L. I need a DVD but I could not justify the extra $$$ for the factory system. Thanks in advance.

Hey all, we bought our 07 EX-L Sat. and came home and ordered a Sound Storm S 10.4ct flip down all in one . We also bought a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash nav. w/ blue tooth and sirius. sat. radio. I will be installing it all myself when it gets here. Got the Drop down from beach audio.com. Wife liked this one because our interior is Ivory and this unit is tan Drew
    07 EX-L DRM w/ Ivory indash Pioneer NAV with bluetooth, backup camera, sirius, and light colored wood grain dash kit
    07 Element EX TM, SC wheels, Honda Pilot steering wheel. etc.

If possible, get a split unit. It has been reported here that the all in one units hang down too far. I know that many of the set ups advertised here locally are split. With the new dash in the 05+ vans I know that complicates things, but may be worth it in the long run. It also allows front control for little ones.

RHJ

moonroof interferes with installation?

We have a new 2007 EX-L. I would like to put in a ceiling mounted DVD unit. I was told by an electronics store that they couldn't install around a power moonroof. Another store said that they would have to look at it. Is it really a big problem? Anybody have any success?

Re: moonroof interferes with installation?

Originally posted by RHJ
    We have a new 2007 EX-L. I would like to put in a ceiling mounted DVD unit. I was told by an electronics store that they couldn't install around a power moonroof. Another store said that they would have to look at it. Is it really a big problem? Anybody have any success?
    The OEM is installed right behind the power moonroof so perhaps that particular aftermarket store just doesn't want to take the risk on it?

And I know you all are driving '05+ models, and this is the '05+ thread forum, but look/search through the audio/video section and you'll have many of your questions answered on this, or at least find some good threads to post to/ask questions in.
    2005 EX - Sage Brush & Olive
    -Honda Care
    -odyclub.com sticker (need a new one...)
    -Mr. Grille
    -summer: stock Michelins, on the stock alloy wheels - 38 psi
    -winter: 215/70/R16 100T Nokian Hakkapeliitta SUV studded, on OEM steel wheels - 40 psi
    -1st row -> Black Weathertech FloorLiners for more complete protection. Excellent!!
    -2nd & 3rd rows -> Black Kraco floor mats, very good -plus- inexpensive
    -Oskar Sure Funnel
    -Weathertech Window Deflectors set of 4

Re: AFTERMARKET Ceiling Mount DVD player

Originally posted by cnn
    They told us every single brand, regardless of size, blocks rearview mirror...so ?
    cnn
    ....our OEM doesn't block rear view.

you might want to consider head rest monitors, they won't block your view and wont be so bulky when you get in/out.

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements