PAX Tire Replacement Quote
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PAX Tire Replacement Quote

PAX Tire Replacement Quote

I just called my local Honda dealer outside of Washington DC and got a quote of $1835" to get the 4 PAX tires replaced.

What have you been quoted? I'm trying to figure out if this pricing is location specific?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

That must include the rims, too.

I purchased the PAX snow tires w/rims for $1600.

You need to do some reading around here. And post more information, like your year and current mileage.

Norb
    As with anything, shop around. Do you have Discount Tire in Maryland? Try them as they aren't as likely to gouge you like a dealer would. I paid about $1000 for my replacement PAX.

Just called Discount here in Houston, I need to replace before Labor Day trip. Was quoted $185 / tire plus tax. Less than $900 all said and done.

Good luck, go to the michilen website and search for dealers in your area, then call away. The good news is all you have to do is mention PAX, they know exactly the size you need

$320.00 per tire at my dealer. As Norb said, shop around, you will do much better at a tire shop if you can find one that handles pax.
    Last edited by MEGABURP; 08-03-2007 at 01:24 PM.
    05 Touring, Nighthawk Black / Black

Oh, by the way, for comparison, John Eagle Honda here in Houston quoted $285/tire including tax.

Dealer price

I was quoted about $900 to replace the tires. The benefit of the dealers around here is that they don't have the equipment (or can't use it) to swap the tire so I get a tire/wheel swap for that price. =)
    Hers - 2005 SP/B Touring with Pioneer Avic-Z2 Nav, Bluetooth, Backup Camera, 6-disc DVD changer, Headrest monitors, A/V Switcher, 6k Xenons, GG, Puddle lights and V1.
    Mine - 2000 BMW 740iL with lots of goodies and a 1994 BMW 540i 6-speed
    1971 Ford F-100 Custom

Previous vehicles owned (none wrecked): '74 VW Bug, '72 VW Bug, VW CamperVan, VW Karmann Ghia, '85 Toyota Truck, '86 Toyota 4Runner, '88 Toyota 4Runner, '86.5 Toyota Supra, '95 Acura Integra, '96 Acura TL 3.2, '01 Lexus IS300, '02 BMW 330Ci, '03 Toyota Tundra, '96 Honda Magna (750cc), '05 Suzuki Katana (750cc), and a '70 VW Bug.

I was "told" ~$205 per tire, plus $75 installation per tire. Plus tax. You do the math. When the time comes, I will shop around. I don't think I'll do much better, but I'll certainly try.
    2006 Honda Odyssey Touring RES+NAV; Silver with Black Leather - Purchased on 2/18/06!
    2004 Toyota Corolla LE 5 speed with leather
    2000 Dodge Ram 2500HD Quad Cab 4X4 Long Bed - 6 speed Cummins Turbo Diesel
    1993 Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo
    2002 TN Trailers 24' Enclosed Trailer
    1998 Shasta Phoenix 33' 5th wheel camper

I got quoted $1,100 installed for 4 replacements at a local Discount Tires.
    06 Touring

Buerkle Honda - St Paul MN.
    900 all 4 replaced.

Update:

The first Honda Dealer that quoted me $1835, never itemized the charges, never told me if it included the wheels and the tires, and tried to force an alignment on me. I will never go back to this dealer again for this and other reasons, including trying to deny me TSB work. The Service guys that interface between the technician and the customer at this dealer must get some sort of incentive pay for gouging customers.

I found another dealer and I got 4 new tires (no new wheels) for about $1200 ($800 for tires and $400 for labor). There was only one non-dealer tire shop in my area that Michelin said could handle PAX tires. When I called this shop, the person who I talked to and who apparently sets appointements had never heard of PAX tires. So that option was out. It looks like Honda dealers, with monopoly pricing are the only game in town.

By the way, we have a 2005 Touring with 31k miles. The dealer stated that we had 4/32 of tread left but tires were slipping in rain on an incline. I talked to the service manager and he said the observed life of PAX tires was 30-35k miles at his dealership.

So the information posted on Michelin's website and quoted to us by Honda when we purchased the vehicle that PAX tires cost 15 to 20% more and last as long as comprobable tires (45k miles) is
    way off. I'm not sure I would have purchased these tire had I known this.

You need to call Michelin. They've been giving prorated credit on premature wear. It could cut your cost in half. You need to call them at the dealer so the dealer can verify tread depth to them on the phone.
    '05 Touring Navi/RES, Slate Green
    '04 S2000 weekend toy
    '06 VW Passat 3.6 4Motion
    '97 Toyota 4-(errands)Runner

Tire prices, wow!

Wow, I had no idea those PAX tires are so expensive.

I'm very happy now that I don't have them

The tire shop that I just bought my goodyears at had just worked on a Touring Ody. with them, and they said they had so much trouble getting them off the rims and on properly that they would have turned me away if mine was a Touring, too.

masterqi

Re: Tire prices, wow!

Originally posted by Jasoon
    Wow, I had no idea those PAX tires are so expensive.

I'm very happy now that I don't have them
    Don't let some people hear you say that, they'll accuse you of not caring about your family's well-being.

Although of course many of us agree with you.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements