Slider door not closing
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slider door not closing

Slider door not closing

The drivers side slider door on our van just started causing problems today.

It will close almost all the way and then it stops and reopens, but if you push on the door slightly while it's closing it will close all the way.

It just seems to need a little help. Is there some place that needs to be lubed or is the motor wearing out already. I sure hope it's not the latter of those. I would hate to start having electrical issues on this thing already.
    2007 Honda Odyssey EXL With DVD and Nav.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

It could be a number of different things (and nothing that you should fool with yourself).

Turn off the power to it until you can take a trip to the dealer.
    '10 Dark Cherry Pearl EX-L
    '05 Touring R&N (formerly)

Originally posted by Tri-C
    It could be a number of different things (and nothing that you should fool with yourself).

Turn off the power to it until you can take a trip to the dealer.
    Good thing it's under a warranty because I'm not the type that goes to the dealer for anything.

eneka
    maybe you can reset them or something, just open both of them and hold down both close buttons on the dash until they close, see if that helps.

Originally posted by Jcasper
    Good thing it's under a warranty because I'm not the type that goes to the dealer for anything.
    Good luck, you may have the wrong vehicle. If you are dyi, follow all guidelines with respect to fluid, torque spec, etc. If you are having maintenance done elsewhere, beware of good ol' boys who are not up to date. They will dump your long life coolant, put in 10w30 oil and lower your tire pressures. My suggestion is to find a dealer you can stomach. You will need one. This is true of almost all new complex, computer controlled vehicles. I was shocked to find my local dealer cheaper than the mechanic I had been using.

Originally posted by egads
    Good luck, you may have the wrong vehicle. If you are dyi, follow all guidelines with respect to fluid, torque spec, etc. If you are having maintenance done elsewhere, beware of good ol' boys who are not up to date. They will dump your long life coolant, put in 10w30 oil and lower your tire pressures. My suggestion is to find a dealer you can stomach. You will need one. This is true of almost all new complex, computer controlled vehicles. I was shocked to find my local dealer cheaper than the mechanic I had been using.
    Sorry if I came across wrong. I was out hunting all day yesterday and I was tired.

I do all maintenance myself. What I was trying to say is I better not be having warranty issues on a vehicle with 12,000 miles on it. I was worried when I bought it about all the electronic stuff, but figured Honda had it all figured out.

Hopefully it's something that's just a fluke and isn't an ongoing problem. I am going to have my wife swing by the dealer and have them deal with it.

What I'm saying is that even without the NAV & RES, there's still a lot of electronics. As would be the case with anything you bought. The good part is that all it will need is simple maintenance. the bad part is that there will be things you can't diagnose. (I won't say you wouldn't have the skills to fix)

And as posted above, they may just need rehoming. As with any computer, a reboot fixes may problems.

Originally posted by egads
    What I'm saying is that even without the NAV & RES, there's still a lot of electronics. As would be the case with anything you bought. The good part is that all it will need is simple maintenance. the bad part is that there will be things you can't diagnose. (I won't say you wouldn't have the skills to fix)

And as posted above, they may just need rehoming. As with any computer, a reboot fixes may problems.
    Yeah it may need a reboot, it must use Microsoft.

I am going to call the dealer, if it needs a reboot and I can do it I will. If not my wife can take it by.

It's going in on Saturday morning.

We had the samething happen

This happened to us too about a year or so ago, but when my wife took it into the dealer it worked. The dealer told us the next time it happened to bring it in. One evening we were going to run a quick errand and it happened so we drove straight to the dealer and low and behold it actually did it again! The dealer had to get a part (can't remember what was wrong) and they fixed it the first time. No problems since!

I'm guessing that it's the rubber piece between the floor and the door. My kids tend to step on it when they climb into the car and over time, they've bent the metal strip holding the rubber. Once this piece is bent too far, the door will no longer close.

Re: Slider door not closing

The drivers side slider door on our van just started causing problems today.

It will close almost all the way and then it stops and reopens, but if you push on the door slightly while it's closing it will close all the way.

It just seems to need a little help. Is there some place that needs to be lubed or is the motor wearing out already. I sure hope it's not the latter of those. I would hate to start having electrical issues on this thing already.
    My van's slidding door - driver side also have the same problem, it closes all the way, then it stop for a while and after 2 to 3 seconds it opens slightly about a quarter of an inch.

I have also noticed that when you pull the outside door handle, it does not have any resistance at all.

------------------------
    2005 Odyssey EX-L

Of course it wouldn't act up when I brought it in, but they lubed it and reset it and it has been fine since.

Of course it wouldn't act up when I brought it in, but they lubed it and reset it and it has been fine since.
    I would assume the control module loses its memory and after synchronizing it works fine again, we have problem on our other vehicle the sunroof express closing function did not work after a while and after the dealer synchronize it it works and whenever it feels like losing its memory again we just re-synchronize it ourself.

We used to it now.
    Current: 07 E550 4Matic

Previous: 06 Silver pearl Touring
    Res/Dvd/Nav
    03 E500 Sport
    03 ML500
    02 ML320
    95 C36
    87 190 E 2.3-16

Well it's still been acting up intermittently.

It went back to the dealer today and they found that the drivers door and the drivers side slider were not adjusted correctly from the factory.

They readjusted both doors and we are hoping that it fixes the problem.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements