Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Service due A13, What does it mean?

282K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  celicool 
#1 ·
Hey everybody,

I got a 2005 Odyssey Touring with about 65000km. The service due soon indicator has come on with the code A13..... was wondering if anybody knew what 13 stood for?

#2 ·
Per my 2008's manual;

A = Replace engine oil
1 = Rotate tires
3 = Replace transmission oil

Joel

#4 ·
A13 Maintenance Cost

I have tried searching the forums with no luck. I know what the A, 1, and 3 mean as it says so in the manual, my question is how much have people been paying at dealers to have this service done? I am away from home and my wife is going to be taking the van in to the dealer as the A13 popped up at about 37,000 miles

thanks...

#5 ·
sometimes I wonder what folks would do in life without internet forums.

i mean, reading the manual typically located in the glove box would be the natural 1st choice to solving this problem right...

#9 ·
shazzan3 said:
Mattd, thanks for the info. I just thought it would be better to have a specific post for the cost of the repair as it wasn't addressed elsewhere.
Merged. There was a thread for A13 right? So, try to post additional questions in existing threads please.

#11 ·
Re: Re: A13 Maintenance Cost

hallstevenson said:
Why can't it wait until you get home?
Maybe shazzan3 used to work for Enron.... and he is going to be "away" for an undetermined period of time.

#15 ·
silverody said:
Hey everybody,

I got a 2005 Odyssey Touring with about 65000km. The service due soon indicator has come on with the code A13..... was wondering if anybody knew what 13 stood for?
My A13 service came on at ~36,700 miles. It was interesting though, as the service was originally A1 when the oil life hit 15%. Then as the oil life hit 5%, the 3 then appeared, making it an A13 service.

#16 ·
Re: Re: Service due A13, What does it mean?

EE4Life said:
My A13 service came on at ~36,700 miles. It was interesting though, as the service was originally A1 when the oil life hit 15%. Then as the oil life hit 5%, the 3 then appeared, making it an A13 service.
Very interesting observation here. I will now have to pay attention to my codes I suppose. Odd that Honda did the MM that way.

#17 ·
I just had the A13 done on the Civic and the dealer charged $49 to change the trans. fluid (manual trans.). Also had the required 3 yr brake fluid replacement as well. $49 for that.
I believe they charge the same for the Ody which, @ 38k and 30% showing on the MM currently, I'm going to assume I'll be looking at an A13 for that as well in the near future.

#20 ·
#22 ·
As mentioned, it's all in the Owner's Manual which you can download. (Link for 2007 doesn't work, but you can use the '06 or '08 link instead)

Reactions: thscott
#23 ·
The link in the stickies here works. 🙂

#24 · (Edited)
Yes, but you get a Table of Contents that leads to nowhere- doesn't work! o_O
Your "unlinked" manual does work, but it points to the 2008 manual as I suggested! :giggle:
There are many Honda links to the Owner's Manual that lead you to a non-working Table of Contents.

edit- I found a fix! Change the 2 parts of the sticky link that are 0808 to 0707 and it now brings up the 2007 (unlinked) manual! :D

#25 ·
Yes, but you get an Index that leads to nowhere- doesn't work! o_O
Only the linked version leads to that. The unlinked version works just fine.

It appears to be an issue on Honda's end. Even the one linked on their MyGarage website goes to that same index page.

#26 ·
I find it funny seeing this after the A13 service just popped up on my Odyssey Friday and that just yesterday I was buying the oil, oil filter, and Valvoline MaxLife Transmission fluid to perform the service later this week.

I look up the codes in the Maintenance booklet when I don't know what it means. A google search also works.

#27 ·
One could also write a handwritten letter, cursive preferably, to Honda Headquarters in Japan and ask them what A13 means. I imagine the OP had to do this in 2008 when he created this thread because undoubtedly the internet and the World Wide Web did not exist back then.

😜

• Haha
Reactions: kernel
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.