Diagnostic port location
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diagnostic port location

Diagnostic port location

Hello,

Today I received the ScanGauge II. Can someone tell me where the diagnostic port is located ('07 Odyssey)?

I thought it is somewhere at the drivers side but I didn't found it.

Regards

Niels
    07' Odyssey EX-L & RES

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I found it ... below the steering wheel.

Seems the ScanGauge II does work. At least it was able to read some basic parameters.

I'm thinking about installing the display right beneath the two power outlets in the center console.

Niels
    07' Odyssey EX-L & RES

Scanguage II Reviews

I just ordered a Scanguage II (haven't received or installed yet). Can anyone report how well it works for monitoring gas consumption stats as you drive? Does it work as advertised for an Odyssey without cylinder deactivation? Anyone improve mileage much? I drove as conservatively as possible (without a Scanguage to give me feedback) and can't seem to break 19 mpg.
    current rides:
    2005 Odyssey (40K)
    2003 Accord (100K)
    -----------------
    previous rides:
    2000 Odyssey
    1991 Civic Si
    1973 Camaro Z-28 LT

The best MPG I ever reached was 23MPG (10.2 L/100km) on I5-South towards San Diego. We were constantly driving 80mph.

Today morning I was able to do a quick test drive with the Scan Gauge II (was driving to the Saveway Bakery to buy some breakfast rolls ) . It seems it was able to determine the current MPG (GAUGE-Mode) even with VCM. I could even notice that the MPG got better as soon the "ECO-LED" was active. I don't have board computer (I have the EX-L RES version) so I don't know how accurate the calculation is but it looked accurate for me.
    Last edited by Niels81nrw; 05-14-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    07' Odyssey EX-L & RES

The other day, mine showed me getting 999.9 mpg going down a local hill. On the return trip, I found that I was getting 10.7 mpg while climbing that same hill in 3rd gear. I do not use the ScanGauge for monitoring mpg. I simply drive it as I like and take what I get, which is about 20.5 mpg for all miles driven, not at 33.5K.

Jerry O.
    UFCW Retired
    UNION, YES!!!
    (The labor movement, the folks who brought you the weekend)

2014 Celestial Blue EX-L + 19" Advanti B1 wheels w/ 245/50-19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, a WeatherTech cargo mat w/ added "bumper bib", a ScanGauge II and a nice large basket in place of the difficult to use front console. AirLift kit #60815 and DashMat dash cover (black to beat windshield reflection) added.

2006 Ocean Mist Metallic EX gone to live with daughter and family in Illinois

Originally posted by Jerry O
    The other day, mine showed me getting 999.9 mpg going down a local hill. On the return trip, I found that I was getting 10.7 mpg while climbing that same hill in 3rd gear. I do not use the ScanGauge for monitoring mpg. I simply drive it as I like and take what I get, which is about 20.5 mpg for all miles driven, not at 33.5K.

Jerry O.
    I had this same with 999.9mpg today. If you use the "Trip"-Menu the MPG there (Average MPG) seems more accurate.
    First I thought the 999.9 mpg has something to do with the VCM but it hasn't. I think it's just because when you drive downhill the car practically doesn't need any gas and the scan gauge just has issues with the correct interpretation. But overall the measurements are ok.
    07' Odyssey EX-L & RES

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Niels81nrw I had this same with 999.9mpg today. If you use the "Trip"-Menu the MPG there (Average MPG) seems more accurate.
    First I thought the 999.9 mpg has something to do with the VCM but it hasn't.
    I installed and played around with the ScanGuage II over the weekend. The answer to the "9999.99" MPG is that the engine is actually turning off the fuel injectors when you coast-- I found that in the manual. So those are "free" moments where you're not using any gas.

If you're going to use it to save fuel, I recommend these tricks which have helped me go from 19MPG average to 24.2 MPG average. [list=1]
    [*]Set the Scangauge to refresh at the fastest rate to make the gauges useful (explained in the manual)[*]I programmed "X-gauges" so that I can monitor instantaneous MPG, Avg. mpg, and fuel consumption rate[*]the trick to to gradually accelerate to 2200 rpms (the shiftpoint in my Ody) and letup on the accelerator to get it to upshift. Do this smoothly till you get to 5th gear with torquelockup, the most efficient place to be[*]Put the tranny in neutral when you go downhill for any length of time (this allows the engine to shutoff the fuel injectors to get the 9999 mpg rating mentioned in this thread), or at the very least allows the engine to come down to 800 rpms and sip very little fuel[*]Shutting off engine, even at a stoplight doesn't help much and is dangerous while moving since you lose powersteering-- Odys aren't hybrids yet and don't restart quickly or efficiently[*]When tipping tranny back into "D"rive while under speed, give the tranny time to whirl up before you step on accelerator or you'll get a nice clunk that can't be good, especially given the delicate nature of the Ody tranny described in this forum[/list=1]
    In reality, you don't need the ScanGauge II to make any of this work. It was just helpful to me in getting feedback to see what gives maximum effect. It's also easier than getting out pencil and paper at the gas pump to see how you've done. If I continue to get the good results -- 24.2 mpg average, I will have paid for my Scangauge II in eight trips to the pump, based on $3.70 / gallon. With gas going up the way it is, could be sooner.

If anyone cracks the Honda code for tranny temp, please post! (Not a matter of Scangauge II being re-programmed, just someone cracking the ODBCII code used by Honda for monitoring that).
    Last edited by Ody_VT; 05-19-2008 at 02:49 PM.
    current rides:
    2005 Odyssey (40K)
    2003 Accord (100K)
    -----------------
    previous rides:
    2000 Odyssey
    1991 Civic Si
    1973 Camaro Z-28 LT

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements