Dash Cup Holder Removal
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dash Cup Holder Removal

Dash Cup Holder Removal

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the center dash cupholder on a '06 EXL? I want to replace it with the one from a '07 where it has a built in coin holder. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: Dash Cup Holder Removal

Originally posted by jackrabbit000
    Hi, does anyone know how to remove the center dash cupholder on a '06 EXL? I want to replace it with the one from a '07 where it has a built in coin holder. Thanks.
    I have a '07 and trust me. I wouldn't spend money on a new cupholder for that tray. It can't hold coins worth a darn any way.

Also, like MESINCITY said, look up on radio removal/installation instructions on any site and you will probably have instructions with pix.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Re: Re: Dash Cup Holder Removal

Originally posted by dvpatel
    I have a '07 and trust me. I wouldn't spend money on a new cupholder for that tray. It can't hold coins worth a darn any way.

Also, like MESINCITY said, look up on radio removal/installation instructions on any site and you will probably have instructions with pix.
    hmmm, thought it was a good idea at the time. Now maybe i'll reconsider doing it now if it doesn't do much. By the way my Honda dealer wants $100 for the cupholder assy anyways. Thanks for the advise dvpatel you saved me wasting the $100.

Re: Re: Re: Dash Cup Holder Removal

hmmm, thought it was a good idea at the time. Now maybe i'll reconsider doing it now if it doesn't do much. By the way my Honda dealer wants $100 for the cupholder assy anyways. Thanks for the advise dvpatel you saved me wasting the $100.
    My pleasure.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

But if you use the search, there are a lot of threads with coin holder suggestions. The lack of a coin holder was much discussed when the 05s came out.

I've been using the same crown royal bag (from my bartending days) for over 20 years. It has worked well as a coin holder and I just toss it in the door bins. You could just get a cup and fill it with your spare change (not elegant, but it works).
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    1996 Chevrolet Impala SS

Re: Dash Cup Holder Removal

Did you ever find out how it is removed?

I have something stuck in mine and it will not completely close.

The dealer said there were 3 screws underneath the tray. I only found 4 screws at the corners of the tray. But he said the diagram he was using was not very good.

(No, I'm not looking to replace it. But I can understand it costing $100 as it is telescoping and sits inside a metal cage. Yes, I took the dash board apart to see this (and for other reasons) but that didn't help much w.r.t. the cup holder.)

...thanks

There is a clip on the bottom center that you can get to with a small screw driver. Do a search as there are several threads on how to remove it.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

Originally posted by William Wiles
    There is a clip on the bottom center that you can get to with a small screw driver. Do a search as there are several threads on how to remove it.
    Well, I didn't see it and I was all over the thing. The only interesting bit I found was a clip that appears to be part of the telescoping mechanics. That is, it catches such that the rear portion of the tray does not retract until the front portion does. Something like the compound slides on a filing cabinet.

What I finally did was remove the object with a magnet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Guys,

I know some of you don't agree with spending the additional $$$ on the cup-holder/coin tray, I did it anyways because I wanted to and was able get it from someone for $45. (1 chance deal)

BTW; I did not have a digital camera:
    (Wife cannot find it)

I was able to make up directions on How to remove dash cup holder using Paint program on the compouter;

There are 6 steps listed. if you have any questions, please let me know while they are fresh on my mind.

Steps (1&2)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...&postid=464299

Steps (3&4)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...&postid=464300

Steps (5&6)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...&postid=464298
    Miami, FL

RESPECT THE VAN

>05 Ody EX-L w/RES-NAV
    <01 Ody EX-

The old 5th screw. Didn't think of that one. Thanks bustaody.

Originally posted by st2000
    The old 5th screw. Didn't think of that one. Thanks bustaody.
    Did the (poor) illustrations help? Sorry dude (No camera at the time.)

Hope it helped some of the guys that are interested in doing the mod.
    Miami, FL

RESPECT THE VAN

>05 Ody EX-L w/RES-NAV
    <01 Ody EX-

Lightbulb

Originally posted by bustaody
    -Guys,

I know some of you don't agree with spending the additional $$$ on the cup-holder/coin tray, I did it anyways because I wanted to and was able get it from someone for $45. (1 chance deal)

BTW; I did not have a digital camera:
    (Wife cannot find it)

I was able to make up directions on How to remove dash cup holder using Paint program on the compouter;

There are 6 steps listed. if you have any questions, please let me know while they are fresh on my mind.

Steps (1&2)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...&postid=464299

Steps (3&4)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...&postid=464300

Steps (5&6)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...&postid=464298
    One last thing I forgot to mention; (if some of you have RES) "OEM DVD" you need to also remove the (4) bolts 10mm that
    hold the bracket for the DVD-

See attachment:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dash Cup Holder Removal-add.-info-vehicles-res-dvd.jpg  
    Miami, FL

RESPECT THE VAN

>05 Ody EX-L w/RES-NAV
    <01 Ody EX-

Lightbulb

If you Odyssey is (2005-2006) with out a coin tray or coin holder/cup holder listed bellow are the part numbers as per your interior color trim.

-Here are the part numbers for the (Dash cup holder/coin tray)
    mod.

CF-Gary...............77230-SHJ-A02ZC / 77230-SHJ-A03ZC (update)

KI-Ivory...............77230-SHJ-A02ZD

Olive....................77230-SHJ-A03ZA

These part numbers are for OEM Only.
    Miami, FL

RESPECT THE VAN

>05 Ody EX-L w/RES-NAV
    <01 Ody EX-

16. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements