Scheduled B1 maintenance
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scheduled B1 maintenance

Scheduled B1 maintenance

Hello,

My '07 Odyssey service indicator shows that this car needs the "B1" maintenance service soon.

I checked the price for B1 service at a local Honda dealer. Their price for B1 is $175 total and will take 2 hours.

- Is $175 for B1 service an average price?

- Do I have to use Honda dealer to take the B1 service?

I'd like to hear your experiences about this. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Re: Scheduled B1 maintenance

Originally posted by AstroBike
    Hello,

My '07 Odyssey service indicator shows that this car needs the "B1" maintenance service soon.

I checked the price for B1 service at a local Honda dealer. Their price for B1 is $175 total and will take 2 hours.

- Is $175 for B1 service an average price?

- Do I have to use Honda dealer to take the B1 service?

I'd like to hear your experiences about this. Thanks in advance.
    Any Honda dealer will do it cause it is income for them. So therefore shop the price at all locations as far as you intend to drive. Then you have the best price for your situation!

To give you a baseline, I picked up a dealer maintenance schedule price sheet today for our 08, picked up last week.

For an "A" & "B1" (which appears to include an oil change for the "A" and a tire rotation and a bunch of check this and check thats for a "B1") the charge is $58.67.

Assuming these are universal codes, I'd say your dealer has a very high opinion of their services.

That is an outrageous price for what is essentially a minor service. A minor service involves, besides the usual oil change, a bunch of inspections. The 1 part is rotating the tires. This allows them to also check your brake pad wear. They should report that wear as pads thickness left remaining in mm.
    All the letters and numbers and what they mean are on page 356 of your owner's manual. My specific advise about what I would do depends on how many miles are on your van. I imagine this service comes up every other oil change. (unless a different one comes up, like a B2, that's everything in a B1 along with changing the engine and cabin filters, what used to be a 30k service) If your miles are very low, like under 30k and you doubt you might need brakes, I'd just have the oil changed. Maybe get the tires rotated for free at a tire store. (many do this) However, if you are over 30k, and have already had the B2 service, don't know the state of your brake pads, then paying for the minor service may be worth it.
    Keep in mind that this advise applies to to those who do not do dyi automotive stuff. But I would certainly shop around if possible. Because, like I said, the price is high. As an example, here in Southern California (not exactly a cheap place) a minor service would run between $90. and $130.

If you are into saving money, when the B2 comes up, anyone of can change both of those filters and save quite a bit. And if you are limited as to service center options, just be careful about letting some guy at a Jiffy Lube or Firestone store talk you into doing anything not in the manual. It is not needed and can, like in the case of transmission fluid or coolant, do more harm than good.

I may have misinterpreted the dealer sheet. Looks like an "A" and "B1" for the $58.67 is an oil change and tire rotation only. No checks.

THe "A" and "B", which does the checks but does not do the tire rotation is $110.86.

Either way, if you can, do them yourself and same some $$. THe Ody is one of the easiest cars I've ever worked on.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements