sliding door sensor ?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sliding door sensor ?

sliding door sensor ?

Can anyone tell me where the sensor is that tells that the sliding doors are closed? I'm getting the constant 'door open' tone when I shift out of park and think maybe cleaning where the sensor makes contact would solve the issue. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: sliding door sensor ?

Originally posted by opie
    Can anyone tell me where the sensor is that tells that the sliding doors are closed? I'm getting the constant 'door open' tone when I shift out of park and think maybe cleaning where the sensor makes contact would solve the issue. Thanks
    It depends on what van you drive (we can't just assume you are in a 05+ van because I have seen many folks post stuff in the wrong forums).

If you are in a 05+ van, on the rear side of the door (when the door is open), there is a metal bracket. There are two round things a couple of inches below. Perhaps that's something. In addition, on the same side towards the seat facing outward is a rubber thing that you can push in and it will turn your interior lights off so that too is a sensor that gets pressed when the doors close. It has to be between the two round things on

More importantly, with this issue you are facing, are your interior lights staying on too? If they are its that rubber switch thingy I suppose.

When looking for help, details are everything.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

'05 Touring. No interior lights on and no door open warning on the instrument panel. Just the constant 'door open' irritating pain in in the ass tone.

I've tried manually pushing those buttons you're talking about to no avail.

Re: sliding door sensor ?

Originally posted by opie
    I visited the dealer this morning with this exact problem.

The tech read about eight codes, but there was some kind of a problem communicating with the dash module (??) and they are ordering a new module. Please excuse the non-technical explanation, but it pretty much went over my head and I have no paperwork.

Other than visiting the dealer, I can tell you that the tone on my 08 can be stilled by turning off the door Master Switch on the dash. Good luck!
    Last edited by edjcpa; 09-15-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    08 Ody Touring, Black/Ivory, no PAX
    01 Golf 1.8T, Silver (hers)
    96 T&C LXi, 74k mi - Gone

I can't recall if its the same on our 05 as it was on the 01, but we had that problem on the 01 and there is an array of contacts in the post where the door closes. The dealer, after fixing it said next time it happens, just take a pencil eraser and clean the contacts.

Originally posted by rsrocket1
    I can't recall if its the same on our 05 as it was on the 01, but we had that problem on the 01 and there is an array of contacts in the post where the door closes. The dealer, after fixing it said next time it happens, just take a pencil eraser and clean the contacts.
    The new generation (05+) don't have those contacts anymore.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Unhappy

I'm having the same problem, as of yesterday, in my 2006 EX. In reverse or drive I am getting a constant tone (alarm), as if a door were open. All doors seem closed and secure. No door lights on the dash. Of note, it is about 5 degrees F here in Massachusetts right now.

So I guess my question is, is the little rubber button that pushes in on the door frame the only door sensor on the '05+ models, or are there others? They all seem to be clear of ice and push in and out easily on mine.

Thanks for any help,
    bertros

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements