Hot air on driver side vents - Cold on passenger side - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot air on driver side vents - Cold on passenger side

Originally posted by dvpatel
    The leak if it was not caused by a rock would be covered by HondaCare. If a rock hit your condensor, it will NOT be covered.
    Thanks, is there way to check if it's caused by a rock ?? Can we look at the front grill and tell ??
    2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L R/N
    Desert Rock Metallic
    2001 BMW 325i Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Originally posted by bigticket
    Thanks, is there way to check if it's caused by a rock ?? Can we look at the front grill and tell ??
    You probably can but a better way would be to let the dealer do the dye test and see if the point from which the freon is leaking was hit or not.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Hot Air on Driver's side, all other AC vents blow cold air

I've read and performed the sensor check on my 2005 Ody Touring and these are the results I've found:
    1:31
    2:27
    3:01
    4:31
    5:d0
    6:03
    7:C6
    8:29
    9:03
    0:A7

Do I have more problems with #5, 7 and 10. What do these numbers indicate and will that be covered under the extended full warranty I bought with this van.

A/C issue as well

Hi there, been following this thread and I have the same problem, hot air from drivers side, though usually only at idle, when driving at speed the A/C gets a bit better but not as cold as the passenger side. When stop at a light the air gets hot in a hurry. I scanned the sensor inputs and have the following results: 1 36 2 28 3 03 4 30 5 d0 6 00 7 E1 8 32 9 A1 10 d6 Can someone help me with understanding these codes? is there a guide I can use to determine what they mean. I understand it was mentioned that it is a percentage and Celsius, but how to decipher? Any ideas on what the problem is? I think it may be a bad sensor, since all the other vents blow pretty cold. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!!

Warm air drivers side, cool air passenger

Have a 2005 EX about 80,000 miles. Have warm to hot air coming out of drivers side vents, cooler (not cold) on passenger and rear. This is on LO temp. Also, does not seem to blow more on recirculate. Ran my codes:

1- 30
    2- 29
    3- 01
    4-29, 30
    5- C8
    6- 03
    7- C6, C4
    8- b9
    9- A1
    0- 00

Not sure what the codes mean. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated have had condenser, clutch, etc already replaced within the last 2-4 years.

Thanks

I have the same problem, 2007 EXL. I checked the freon and it says it is fine. The air on the passenger side, and rear is very cold. The air on the driver side feels like it is blended? I did the mentioned sensor test, but do not know what the results mean.

1-36
    2-34
    3-18
    4-34
    5-C9
    6-02
    7-C1
    8-b9
    9-A1
    10-00

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi DV,

Same thing here. It isn't just not blowing cold on the driver's side - it's hot. That tells me that the vent taking air off the heater core is open only on the driver side, while the passenger side and the back blow cold.

I don't get the leak or rock in the condenser cause - there's a condenser for the front and a separate one for the back, right?

Do you know where the driver side temp sensor is and how can I (we) can replace?

Thanks for the help.

hot on driver side

#5 reads error.

I'm going to find and replace the Driver Vent Temperature Air Out sensor or whatever else is controling the blending vent

cnn
    Quote Originally Posted by echodog View Post
    #5 reads error.

I'm going to find and replace the Driver Vent Temperature Air Out sensor or whatever else is controling the blending vent
    You may want to use some Honda online websites to search for parts location.
    cnn: 2007 Odyssey LX

I looked under the dash and grabbed the first switch attached to a control lever. It activated and closed the heat vent. Then I removed my first fix, which was the grocery bag that I had stuffed in the vent.

cost = zero.

sweaty days because i just don't have the time to get to this stuff anymore = 14.

Cool

[QUOTE=echodog;702538]I looked under the dash and grabbed the first switch attached to a control lever. It activated and closed the heat vent. Then I removed my first fix, which was the grocery bag that I had stuffed in the vent.

cost = zero.

Keywords / a/c air hot driver side cold passenger Driver Vent Temperature Air Out sensor

An early warning that this switch is going bad is a popping sound coming from behind the instrument panel when the engine is running.

Options:

1) You can unplug it until you get a replacement (3 screws).
    2) Unplug it and set it manually and not bother replacing it.
    3) Teach your wife where to kick it to get it to work.

driver temperature heat a/c blender door control motor 2006

Options:

1) You can unplug it until you get a replacement (3 screws).
    2) Unplug it and set it manually and not bother replacing it.
    3) Teach your wife where to kick it to get it to work.[/QUOTE]

My wife didn't want to kick it, so:

79160-SHJ-A01MOTOR ASSY., TEMPERATURE DRIVER1$89.02$89.02 Subtotal$89.02 Sales Tax
    $0.00
    Shipping Charge
    $11.04
    Handling Charge
    $4.95
    TOTAL$105.01

Quote Originally Posted by echodog View Post
    Options:
    3) Teach your wife where to kick it to get it to work.
    [/QUOTE]

Where do you kick it?

I'm having the same problem on my 2005 EX-L. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? And does anyone have a list of the codes? I have no idea what C9, E4 or A1 mean.

Thanks.

cnn
    Quote Originally Posted by bigticket View Post
    Hi:

The driver side vents are blowing hot air and the passenger side are blowing cold air. Both are at Sync and I put it in Auto. It's been like that for a while.

Mine is a 2007 EX-L RES. The dealer called me today and said my AC was low on freon and there seems to be leak but he could not find out.
    First...your dealer is a hack, so stay away from them.
    - If you have COLD air on pass side, this means your AC system is working fine.
    - When you have a differential (hot one side, cold the other side), then one of the "blend door motors" is defective.

Relevant Thread from Honda Pilot:
    Gurgling / Grinding from under dash near HVAC...RESOLVED!! - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
    (BTW...PN for Honda Pilot is 79160-S0X-A01).

Back to your 2007 Ody EXL, it has 2 blender motors (#13 and #14). See pic.
    My 2007 Ody LX has only 1 blender motor (#13). See pic.
    Replacing the blender motor is easy. See the Honda Pilot thread.

#13 (driver side) is 79160-SHJ-A01
    #14 (pass side) is 79170-SHJ-A41

Hot air on driver side vents - Cold on passenger side-odyheater.jpg
    cnn: 2007 Odyssey LX

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements