DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article - Page 53
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

No, you don't need any tool. You need the correct sensors. The ones on the old wheels will do, so long as the batteries are still working. After a point, many of is buy new ones just to have fresh batteries. Otherwise, we';; have to dismount the tires and change sensors when the batteries fail.

With the correct sensors in the wheels, the car just senses them and works. Likewise with a rotation of tires, etc. They're great, but if you have the non-touring sensors in wheels on a touring, that's the same as having no sensors-- they cannot (to my knowledge, and I've read on this a lot) be reprogrammed.

So the good news is you don't need a tool. The bad news is you'll have to have the tires removed from the rims, swap the sensors, then remount. Hopefully your tire folks will be able to match the tires to the rims accurately enough that they don't have to rebalance. That's commonly done on flat repairs-- marking the tire at the valve stem with chalk is one way. Then line it back up when remounting and don't switch the rims and tires at all.

Assuming the old rims are your source for the sensors, dismounting those takes a special machine at a Honda dealer or specialty tire shop. That's why you'll often run across old PAX rims for sale with rectangles cut out of the tires that are still on the rims. People chop holes to get to the sensors. Some dealers charge on the order of $50 per wheel to dismount the tires. New sensors cost around $25 per wheel, if memory serves. That's $100 (4 x $25) well spent to avoid hassles, in my opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Check eBay, they have advertised a set rated for ten years. Touring edition.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    2007 Honda Odyssey Touring

Wherever you buy from, do be certain they're for the touring edition. You cannot mix or swap touring vs. non-touring sensors. You can buy at a local Honda dealer, but I think they were close to $50 apiece. I think I bought from an online dealer, and now I can't recall who it was, but I ultimately called the dealer and confirmed they were for the touring-- I found too many conflicting part numbers on-line...

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    So I'm getting my stuff together to depax. Found some 17 inch 2009 Pilot rims $90 each from salvage yard that are in good condition, ordering tpms sensors from eBay, set 4 - 10 year warranty $100, lug nuts set $40, Solas tires 235/60R17 set 4 $400, door jam sticker $10, mount balance another $100. So I'm in for about $950.
    Ended up getting 2010 Acura TL 17 inch rims set of 4 for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    Ended up getting 2010 Acura TL 17 inch rims set of 4 for $200.

Pics pls....on ur van with newer TL wheels

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NavigatorsVan View Post
    Pics pls....on ur van with newer TL wheels
    Hello, It's going to be a while till I get them on. Still collecting parts. BrownHD posted pictures in this link:DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article (it's post #661) those are the same rims I picked up.

I think they look great.

I finally did a DePax on my 08.

i was having a hard time finding some good takeoffs on Craigslist and ended up going the Tire rack route

i ordered the Sport Edition A11 in a 17" and Michelin Premier LTX 235/60/17 - Wheels even came with lug nuts and hub centric rings.

Ripped the old sensors out of the PAX wheels and put them on the new ones. Mount, balance and Donzo.

Looks Great and rides so much better. Relatively inexpensive too compared to some of the OEM setups on ebay.

I also had a good friend print out some vinyl Honda logos to complete the OEM look

DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article-img_3501.jpgDePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article-img_3502.jpgDePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article-img_3503.jpg

Finally DEPAX my 2005 Odyssey and car has spare...special thanks to this forum for helping. Will post more pics after a full detail soon...

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253