DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article - Page 8
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Originally posted by kngfisher
    If I buy new sensors 06421-S3V-A04 does the dealer have to sync them with the car or do they do it on their own? I tried to have the service center sync the sensors that came on the rim/tire combo from tirerack since they were the ones who aligned the car/van not the dealer but they could not get the TPMS sensors to work. I was told that the dealer might have to get them working. This was and the maintenance B1 light was lit so thought I would kill 2 birds w/ one stone. Will call tirerack re: sensors. Wondering if I should just order a new set of Honda sensors 06421-S3V-A04 to make sure the correct ones are installed.
    You need to step back a bit and read the OP nice and slow.

If you have a Touring and compatible new TPMS sensors, then when you drive a block or two, the TPMS light should go away. If that didn't happen, TireRack installed wrong sensors that are not compatible.

If you get the correct TPMS sensors, they should work WITHOUT having to go to a dealer as long as you have a Touring.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

sorry, I guess I left that part out, I own a 2007 ody touring.....assumed that it was a given since PAX came standard on the 2007 ody and there was no option to go non-PAX. Not even sure if PAX was an option on the LX/EX/EXL. so, I just sent tirerack an email and will call them in the AM to figure out what is what with the sensors they sold me....from this thread, I think I am looking for the 06421-S3V-A04 for those should be compatible with my 07 touring when moving from PAX to non-PAX.....I hope.

Originally posted by kngfisher
    If I buy new sensors 06421-S3V-A04 does the dealer have to sync them with the car or do they do it on their own? I tried to have the service center sync the sensors that came on the rim/tire combo from tirerack since they were the ones who aligned the car/van not the dealer but they could not get the TPMS sensors to work. I was told that the dealer might have to get them working. This was and the maintenance B1 light was lit so thought I would kill 2 birds w/ one stone. Will call tirerack re: sensors. Wondering if I should just order a new set of Honda sensors 06421-S3V-A04 to make sure the correct ones are installed.
    I think the dealer is going to remove and replace the sensors you bought from Tirerack and that's the reason why they charging you for re-balancing the tires and other charges that they could get from you for doing extra work . Call Tirerack and try to get a refund for putting a non-compatible sensors. They should know this from the beginning. Touring TPMS will recognize and sync the Honda sensors (06421-S3V-A04) automatically and doesn't need help from any dealer's "mechanical expertise".
    Last edited by Noypi05; 05-28-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    2005 Odyssey Touring, Nav+Res, Desert Rock, full body kit (DE-PAXed since Jan 09) 102500 as of June 2013

Would this sensor P/N: 06421-S3V-A04 also compatible on 2007 EX-L other than the Touring ? Or the EX-L must use this sensor P/N: 06421-SCV-A00 ? Base on the TPMS reference that I found from this link: Honda TPMS, I hope this sensor P/N: 06421-S3V-A04 will work on an EX-L, as I had a set is on its way to me today for the MDX tech upgrade, if you some can clarify this, would much appreciated.
    07 EX-L Nav/Res.
    18" MDX Tech.
    Remote Start.
    35%F & 15%R Tinted windows.
    30% Custom rear coil springs.
    And a bunch of Honda Accessories.

2005 Camry SE V6
    2010 Frontier LE 4x4

Originally posted by tech_table
    Would this sensor P/N: 06421-S3V-A04 also compatible on 2007 EX-L other than the Touring ? Or the EX-L must use this sensor P/N: 06421-SCV-A00 ? Base on the TPMS reference that I found from this link: Honda TPMS, I hope this sensor P/N: 06421-S3V-A04 will work on an EX-L, as I had a set is on its way to me today for the MDX tech upgrade, if you some can clarify this, would much appreciated.
    Read the Stickies called TPMS Sensor Cross Reference perhaps? Has the same link in there. Its clear that the EX-L uses a DIFFERNT part number so the one ending in -A04 won't work for your EX-L

The EX-L uses a DIFFERENT sensor and you will need to get it PROGRAMMED at the dealer with a potential cost of $100 - $200 as evidenced in other TPMS threads by EX-L owners.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Rattle Kill

I just called Honda Parts Dept, and asked for this P/N: 06421-SCV-A00 for my 07 EX-L, and been told by them that not the correct tpms P/N for that 07 EX-L, and it should be P/N: 06421-SCV-A03 not A00, but when they put this P/N: 06421-SCV-A03 in their system, it came up with P/N: 06421-S3V-A04, which shown that this P/N: 06421-S3V-A04 was for the Touring, any ideas ? I have no clue at all.
    07 EX-L Nav/Res.
    18" MDX Tech.
    Remote Start.

2005 Camry SE V6
    2010 Frontier LE 4x4

2005 Depax Success!

Here's the run-down on what I did to depax my 2005 Touring. All prices are with shipping included:

4 Acura MDX Sport wheels purchased from forum user famman: $1,100
    4 P235/55R18 Hankook RH07 Ventus AS (104V, 420/A/A) purchased from East Coast Tires on eBay: $535
    20 OEM lug nuts, also purchased from famman: $50
    08W42-SJA-201A Acura wheel lock kit purchased from HandA-Accessories.com: $41.70
    4 06421-S3V-A04 TPMS sensors purchased from Majestic Honda: $152.42
    Local mounting and balancing: $46.16
    OEM unused compact spare tire assembly from a recycling yard I found through car-part.com: $125
    Spare tire mounting hardware (83853-SHJ-A00 anchor bolt and 74666-SHJ-A00 anchor bolt adapter) from my local dealer: $11.56
    TOTAL: $2,061.84

That's a bit more than I really wanted to spend (the wheels and tires can be had cheaper if you go smaller and aftermarket), but I'll do better than breaking even after the next time I need tires and I don't have to pay for PAX replacements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article-odyssey-mdx-wheels.jpg  
    2005 Ocean Mist Touring

Yeah, it's my bad, the EX-L should use 06421-SCV-A00 per reference chart as dvpatel has mentioned, the 06421-S3V-A04 is for Touring not EX-L, I think there has been a miss communicated between me and the part guy at honda when I called in yesterday. Anyway I think I know what I should get now, Thanks to the most helpful thread.
    07 EX-L Nav/Res.
    18" MDX Tech.
    Remote Start.

2005 Camry SE V6
    2010 Frontier LE 4x4

Originally posted by famman
    Any questions regarding a DEPAX or upgrade... talk with a pro!

I specialize in DEPAX and upgrade sets. I look forward to helping you take care of your Odyssey's needs safely and correctly.
    Famman,

I got your PM for quote on the MDX sport, 09 TL-AWD 18" and the A-Spec for your van. Sorry for late reply will call you this weekend for pricing on them.
    AcuraHondaOem
    Depax the easy way!
    http://store.auctiva.com/acurahondaoem
    Email: acurahondaoem1@yahoo.com

06 Ody A_Spec R/N 4.92
    2005 RL A-Spec Navi 4.92
    1999 TL, 05 MDX A-Spec w/ Navi gone with the wind

Originally posted by miketr75
    Famman,

I got your PM for quote on the MDX sport, 09 TL-AWD 18" and the A-Spec for your van. Sorry for late reply will call you this weekend for pricing on them.
    Thanks! I haven't been able to reach you? I want to think about a winter set that's different then my summer set. The Kumho tires seem to be loosing traction you sold me in just one winter? I purchased the set from you 'cause I couldn't find what I wanted, now most of what I sell are all 18" Tech sets!

While I offer some of the best prices to assist folks with their DEPAX and upgrade needs... I want to see what you can do compared to what I can put together myself.
    Last edited by famman; 06-19-2009 at 09:43 AM.

I specialize in Odyssey upgrade and DEPAX options. I have helped over 95+ Odyssey owners upgrade safely and correctly. Contact me directly. I have 17" and 18" sets FOR SALE with or without OEM Honda TPMS. Special pricing for Odyclub members. Don't overpay for a full setup when I can help you DEPAX with just rims. Buy from a trusted seller! Blowout prices! tncjones@sbcglobal.net

Currently own:
    '08 Honda Odyssey EXL- Silver Pearl OEM Special Edition
    Mods: Previous 18" MDX Tech, current 18" MDX Sport rims with Hankook all-season 104V XL rated tires,
    Xenon Depot 9006 4300K Xtreme HID Kit with step by step INSTALLATION,
    PUTCO LED Dome Kit with step by step INSTALLATION, Alpine RES2 10.2" DVD Entertainment System,
    Honda wheel locks, Honda roof cross bars and Honda All-season mats

Here is a collection of images from my recent Odyssey photo session 9/09 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

'07 Honda Accord EXL6- Graphite Pearl
    Mods: Xenon Depot 9006 4300K VOLT HID Kit, Honda wheel locks, Honda All-season mats, Honda splash guards

Previously owned:
    '03 Honda Accord EXL6- Silver (RIP 11/07)
    '02 Nissan Pathfinder SE- Black
    '00 Nissan Maxima SE- Silver
    '95 Mercury Tracer Trio- Blue (college)
    '92 Chevrolet Cavalier RS- Red (college)

Wanna DePax and Destress

Okay...I'm at my wit's end with this PAX issue. Spent most of the day talking with dealerships to decide whether to purchase an 09 Ody or DePAX my 05 Touring. I've spoken with sooo many unknowledgeable people...that work at Honda. One service rep. actually told me just to put another tire on the PAX rim...like they actually make one. He didn't know they were a 17.5" rim. I looked at the collegehillshonda website and their "depax" packages, but all of the spare kits are on BACKORDER with no idication of when they will be available. I think a spare is necessary...so what are my options? I prefer to stick with a 17 or 18" rim. I think I've read a thousand forums on this issue today, and unfortunately...I know nothing about the mechanics.

Can I use an Acura 17 or 18" rim?
    Is there a certain model I should get? (MDX, etc.)
    Can I use the TPMS sensors that are on my 05 PAX system?
    Is Honda gonna rape my bank account to make this switch? Should I have them install the DePAX system? (they quoted me $2600 to have all 4 rims/tires replaced with a 16" system...didn't mention a spare)
    Should I go with a local tire guy?...How much "PAX" experience do they need to get these sensors mounted properly?
    Will I need to adjust anything else on my van when I dePAX?
    What tire pressure do you set with a DePAXed arrangement?

My van has 67K miles, and I'm putting my 3rd set of tires on...

Re: Wanna DePax and Destress

See my advise/comments in RED

Originally posted by LuvAHonda
    Okay...I'm at my wit's end with this PAX issue. Spent most of the day talking with dealerships to decide whether to purchase an 09 Ody or DePAX my 05 Touring. I've spoken with sooo many unknowledgeable people...that work at Honda. One service rep. actually told me just to put another tire on the PAX rim...like they actually make one. He didn't know they were a 17.5" rim. I looked at the collegehillshonda website and their "depax" packages, but all of the spare kits are on BACKORDER with no idication of when they will be available. I think a spare is necessary...so what are my options? I prefer to stick with a 17 or 18" rim. I think I've read a thousand forums on this issue today, and unfortunately...I know nothing about the mechanics.

Can I use an Acura 17 or 18" rim? Yes with 5-120 bolt pattern
    Is there a certain model I should get? (MDX, etc.) MDX or TL
    Can I use the TPMS sensors that are on my 05 PAX system?Better buy new sensors instead of using old sensors for your new tires and rims
    Is Honda gonna rape my bank account to make this switch?Not just rape but treat you like the most idiot person on earth
    Should I have them install the DePAX system?You local tire shop can do that-very cheap (they quoted me $2600 to have all 4 rims/tires replaced with a 16" system...didn't mention a spare)try searching your local salvage yard if any available spare tire for 2005 +honda odyssey
    Should I go with a local tire guy?...How much "PAX" experience do they need to get these sensors mounted properly?Depending on your local tire guy or print-out instructions somewhere here -use search
    Will I need to adjust anything else on my van when I dePAX? You mean the sensors? Touring TPMS will adjust automatically
    What tire pressure do you set with a DePAXed arrangement?I have 18 MDX tech rim and use 37 PSI for my Hankook Ventus 104 load rated with no problem

My van has 67K miles, and I'm putting my 3rd set of tires on...
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Noypi05; 06-11-2009 at 01:41 AM.
    2005 Odyssey Touring, Nav+Res, Desert Rock, full body kit (DE-PAXed since Jan 09) 102500 as of June 2013

Re: de-PAXing my 05 Odyssey

I need some information regarding depaxing my 05 odyssey touring. Can you please clarify the below.

1. Will it cause any damage to the van if i depax?
    2. Will there be a warning message displayed all the time if we change the tires?
    3. I have a honda extended warranty, will i be losing the warranty?

I am planning to depax using the below parts:

1. 42700-SHJ-C91 - 16 in. Honda odyssey EX alloy wheel.
    2. 42751-MIC-082 - Michelin tires.235/65R16
    3. 06421-SHJ-A02 - Spare Wheel.
    4. 42751-GYR-034 - Wheel for Spare tire.

Is the above parts are correct?

I am searching the product code for odyssey EX TPMS. If you have the part code please email me.

Will the new EX TPMS will work on touring model?

I think i had covered every question i had in my mind.

Please advice. Waiting for you reply.

Originally posted by hah7800
    I decided that PAX was not the way to stay and I wanted to stay with Honda parts so I ordered the following:

06421-S3V-A04 SENSOR ASSY., TPMS 4 33.61 134.44
    42700-SHJ-C91 DISK, ALUMINUM WHEEL (16X7J) (ENKEI) 4 154.63 618.52
    44732-S0X-A01 CAP, ALUMINUM WHEEL CENTER 4 5.67 22.68

I am using Cooper tires 235R65t014 and am very pleased much better handleing in snow ans ice then the PAX and mush better ride at 70+ MPH as well. Also the conversion stops much better.

Please notice the price my local Honda wanted $275 for each. online $154.63. granted there was a $140 shipping charge for the complete package.

I am getting ready to order the spare miniwheel fro the same location using part num 06421-SHJ-A02 this is a wheel kit without the tire. cost $68.44 plus shipping.

Re: Re: de-PAXing my 05 Odyssey

Originally posted by lithni
    I need some information regarding depaxing my 05 odyssey touring. Can you please clarify the below.

1. Will it cause any damage to the van if i depax?
    2. Will there be a warning message displayed all the time if we change the tires?
    3. I have a honda extended warranty, will i be losing the warranty?

I am planning to depax using the below parts:

1. 42700-SHJ-C91 - 16 in. Honda odyssey EX alloy wheel.
    2. 42751-MIC-082 - Michelin tires.235/65R16
    3. 06421-SHJ-A02 - Spare Wheel.
    4. 42751-GYR-034 - Wheel for Spare tire.

Is the above parts are correct?

I am searching the product code for odyssey EX TPMS. If you have the part code please email me.

Will the new EX TPMS will work on touring model?

I think i had covered every question i had in my mind.

Please advice. Waiting for you reply.
    Did you even read the article in the OP of this thread? You need Touring Sensors as posted in the article.

The answers to your other questions too I believe are in this very thread.

alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Joined the DePax crew, you can read details about it this thread.

Thanks MUCH for all the knowledge and wisdom that is available in this thread, it made my experience totally trouble free!

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements