DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Thumbs up DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

I didn't want this information to get buried in another topic thread so I've created a new topic thread as well with a direct link to the article:

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/show...hp?product=220

Enjoy and stand by for tomorrow's article update!

Moderator Edit:
    Based on later discussions and information by folks who dePax for a living, it has been discovered that the washer mentioned in the article is NOT needed. Please do your research before looking for or using that washer.

Author Edit:
    If you want to break the internal plastic retaining ring on your TPMS sensors then go ahead, but ask yourself WHY weren't these broken on the original set of PAX wheels? If they weren't broken from Honda when you go the car, why are you breaking them now? Choice is yours, but the washer allows you to install exactly as they were installed on the original PAX wheels from the factory.
    Last edited by KSKruzer; 03-12-2010 at 01:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Originally posted by KSKruzer
    I didn't want this information to get buried in another topic thread so I've created a new topic thread as well with a direct link to the article:

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/show...hp?product=220

Good job. Unfortunately, this too will get buried in numerous posts unless a Mod Locks it and stickies it.

So, lets petition the mods to sticky it up top and delete junk posts like mine.

Last edited by dvpatel; 11-13-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

Great find just curious to why this is being posted in Cayman club and not on a Odyssey site like odyclub.
    Cars I currently own:
    07 Odyssey EXL NAV RES
    01 Accord EX
    97 Integra GSR
    88 Accord LXI

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Bone
    Great find just curious to why this is being posted in Cayman club and not on a Odyssey site like odyclub.
    Probably because this site doesn't have an Articles section and because it is a lot easier for me to do on the other site.

Great article though what are the Cayman guys saying about it.
    Cars I currently own:
    07 Odyssey EXL NAV RES
    01 Accord EX
    97 Integra GSR
    88 Accord LXI

I wonder if this also might apply to the RL wheels?

[I just got RL wheels earlier this week in preparation for depaxing]

Any ideas about the best place to get TPMS's? Does anyone here sell them at decent prices (decent meaning $120+shipping for 4 of them)?

What about tires? I was thinking of getting Michelins at Costco, but I am not sure if they have the right size in a 102 load rating. Unfortunately, their website doesn't allow search by tire, only by vehicle, and I don't know what vehicles use 235/60R17 tires. Also, I've been quite disappointed by the tire sales company (like tiresplus.com, etc) websites.
    Mark in South Florida
    His - 05 Silver Pearl Ody Touring R+N
    Hers - 04 AFP Sienna XLE LTD

Per the majorities request, post has been labeled "sticky." :P How you guys doing?

Originally posted by KaliOdy
    Per the majorities request, post has been labeled "sticky." :P How you guys doing?
    Doing good. Please lock the post too or else it will get humongus with folks asking repeat quetions as the other PAX threads have gotten.

When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

Originally posted by markr33
    I wonder if this also might apply to the RL wheels?

[I just got RL wheels earlier this week in preparation for depaxing]

Any ideas about the best place to get TPMS's? Does anyone here sell them at decent prices (decent meaning $120+shipping for 4 of them)?

What about tires? I was thinking of getting Michelins at Costco, but I am not sure if they have the right size in a 102 load rating. Unfortunately, their website doesn't allow search by tire, only by vehicle, and I don't know what vehicles use 235/60R17 tires. Also, I've been quite disappointed by the tire sales company (like tiresplus.com, etc) websites.
    I got all my parts from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/. The TPMS sensor is about $32 each.

Re: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Originally posted by KSKruzer

http://www.caymanclub.net/reviews/sh...hp?product=220

What is the actual size (measurement) of the washer - Overall diameter and hole diameter?

Thanks...

Re: Re: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Originally posted by Odyss
    What is the actual size (measurement) of the washer - Overall diameter and hole diameter?

Thanks...
    The hole has to be 7/16th, and the over all diameter is about the same as a penny. It's quite hard to find...

Re: Re: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Originally posted by Odyss

Thanks...
    7/16" hole AN washer. If you can't find them locally, large racer supply houses(Jegs, etc) have them in bulk(boxes of 20-50), and in stainless steel.

BTW our new wheels and tires are on, I took plenty of pics and will be updating the install article sometime this weekend as my time permits. So far everything is great other than the spare tire is on backorder.

I have not crafted the next part of the article yet, but I have uploaded the photos for the next part. You can look through all the raw photos here:

http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=371
    Last edited by KSKruzer; 03-12-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Re: Re: Re: DePax - The Right Way! - Detailed How-To Article

Originally posted by 62rag
    7/16" hole AN washer. If you can't find them locally, large racer supply houses(Jegs, etc) have them in bulk(boxes of 20-50), and in stainless steel.
    Home Depot = no impact no idea...

My quest continues...

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast