How to remove the lower part of the center console
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to remove the lower part of the center console

How to remove the lower part of the center console

How do you remove / loosen the lower part of the dash where the lighter/power points are located?
    2007 EX-L Slate Green / Olive

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I removed mine in lieu of a Touring w/ RES lower console and my old one is sitting out in the garage. I will take a look tonight to see what holds it in and let you know later if someone else doesn't come through. It is also in the book if you have one of the thick Odyssey service manuals (not the owners manual).
    Hers - 2005 SP/B Touring with Pioneer Avic-Z2 Nav, Bluetooth, Backup Camera, 6-disc DVD changer, Headrest monitors, A/V Switcher, 6k Xenons, GG, Puddle lights and V1.
    Mine - 2000 BMW 740iL with lots of goodies and a 1994 BMW 540i 6-speed
    1971 Ford F-100 Custom

Previous vehicles owned (none wrecked): '74 VW Bug, '72 VW Bug, VW CamperVan, VW Karmann Ghia, '85 Toyota Truck, '86 Toyota 4Runner, '88 Toyota 4Runner, '86.5 Toyota Supra, '95 Acura Integra, '96 Acura TL 3.2, '01 Lexus IS300, '02 BMW 330Ci, '03 Toyota Tundra, '96 Honda Magna (750cc), '05 Suzuki Katana (750cc), and a '70 VW Bug.

Just did it to get the dash apart for my 545T Install.

1) Remove driver kick panel that is forward of the center console. To do this, pull out on the plastic retainer pin, finger pressure will do it, if you have any fingernails. Then slid this piece to the left and pull it off the stud on the firewall.

2) Repeat 1 for the passenger side

3) Remove 4 self tapping screws. 1 each located at the base of the console trim on the forward edge. They were covered by the kick panel covers you removed in steps 1 and 2.

4) Pull out the cupholder drawer, remove 2 self taping screws in the bottom corners of the cup holder drawer opening.

5) Now, starting at the edge of the trim closest to the firewall, gently push forward on the console trim and work it off. You then have to unplug the wiring harnesses for the power plugs and heated seat, do this by releasing the locks and pulling off.

Thats all there is to it, should take 10 mins or less.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements