Oil capacity?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil capacity?

Oil capacity?

Yeah, I know, RTFM, but I just bought a 2007 Ody EX and it came with no manual. If someone could kindly pass along how many quarts the engine takes (with a filter change, obviously), I'd very much appreciate it. The van sat on a rural Ford lot for almost a year, and while they did change it when they got it it's hardly been driven in a year and I want to get fresh stuff in there. Thanks.

Phil

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

IIRC it is 4.6 quarts, but that is off the top of my head as I don't have my Owner's manual in hand.

Put in 4 quarts.

Start the engine and allow it to idle for a minute to check for leaks and to ensure the filter is full.

Check level, and add appropriate amount of oil.
    Keep it breezy,
    KiteSquid

P.S. The wind is like air, only pushier.

Current rides:
    '05 Ody EX-L Silver Pearl Metallic/Grey with dealer installed Towing Package. Self installed Splash Guards, Cross Bars, Cargo Net, Gutter Guard A/C Evaporator protector, aftermarket cargo box, cargo area mat (stolen from previous ride '99 Tahoe)
    Door Stop Removal (SquidMod #1)
    Off Road use only Headlights (my post is about half way down the page)
    Want to install: Kleen Wheels, Window Visors, Sunroof Visor & Bug Deflector.

'07 Yamaha Royal Star Venture, Galaxy Blue/Raven
    '06 Accord LX SE, Silver
    '01 Ariens 1742 ZTR, Orange
    '50 Harley-Davidson FL, Light Blue (For Sale but NOT cheep)

Previous rides:
    '91 Nissan Sentra, Silver
    '99 Chevrolet Tahoe, silver
    '94 Harley-Davidson FLSTC, two tone red
    '91 Chevrolet Caprice, white
    '86 Chevrolet Corvette (150 HP of Nitrous Oxide), deep red
    '81 Kawasaki KZ1100D, black
    '79 Chevrolet Camero Berlinetta (over 550 HP when I sold it), Brick Red
    USS McInerney (FFG-8), Haze Grey
    USS Leyte Gulf (CG-55) Plankowner, Haze Grey and underway
    USS Mobile Bay (CG-53), Haze Grey
    USS Leyte Gulf (CG-55) , Haze Grey and underway, again....

Online owner's manual

A change takes 4.5 quarts, although the actual capacity is 5.3 quarts. The difference is pooled somewhere inside the engine.

Congratulations on the Ody!

- Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX FG
    Honda hood deflector, mud guards, AC condenser screen mod, Zyml wax, Amsoil EaO20 oil filter, Amsoil synthetic 5W20, Krown rustproofing, block heater (gets cc...cold in Canada in winter!)
    Original transmission at 117,000 miles/189,000 km, Amsoil ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 km, Honda aux ATF cooler, Magnefine aux ATF filter, 16 ATF drain & fills

You can also register on honda's website, with your VIN, and have access to the manual, plus recall info, specs, etc.

I wonder why folks keep the owner's manual when they trade the stupid car in. 99% of 'em don't read it any way but they keep the darn book. Go figure.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Originally posted by dvpatel
    I wonder why folks keep the owner's manual when they trade the stupid car in. 99% of 'em don't read it any way but they keep the darn book. Go figure.
    To f*ck with the next owner.

Originally posted by Kscha41
    To f*ck with the next owner.
    No kidding. Didn't we have that poor owner who's NAV was locked and the moron prior owner wouldn't unlock it for 'em. People are crazy sometimes.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Thanks guys! Got the oil changed; very easy and only semi-messy, so I can appreciate that. My van came with no second key (one master with fob, one valet), no owner's manual and no wheel lock key. Thanks to davedrivesody, I now have a manual . And thanks to Jay Wolfe Honda in Kansas City, I now have a wheel lock key. Get myself an ebay fob, and that'll be good enough. Oh, and I guess I'd better find the radio code too; didn't come with that either.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be around here more, and thanks again for all the friendly help!

Regards,

Phil

You might want to track down the selling dealer. They keep the Key number and the Radio codes on file. You might come out ahead that way. Also check the glove box and other nooks and corners for a white sticker with numbers. Most dealers stick a spare set of codes some where in the van.

alexmish1's Rattle Kill

eneka
    Originally posted by dvpatel
    i'm guessing they're probably going sell it on ebay or something...

radio and nav code can also be found by registering on honda's website, owner link.

Originally posted by mattd
    radio and nav code can also be found by registering on honda's website, owner link.
    That actually does NOT seem to be true for used cars. As evidenced in the prior few posts pertaining to radio codes. I think that Anthony guy tried to get it out of Owner's Link as couldn't because Owner's Link will ask for the phone number of the original owner which I am sure nobody who buys used from the dealer lot or from classifieds will have.

See the thread below for more details.

how do I change stereo's PIN on 05 touring w/navi?

alexmish1's Rattle Kill

Bought mine used. No problem here retrieving the codes from the website.

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements