Cold temps cause power door locks keyless entry to not work
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cold temps cause power door locks keyless entry to not work

Cold temps causes power door locks & keyless entry to not work

Have ‘05 Ody 5FNRL38635B072103 & I am experiencing symptoms 1 & 2 listed in TSB 08-078
    1) Power door locks do not work from driver's door switch panel
    2) Keyless entry does not work.
    Took it to dealer 1 & they said was defective lock (driver's door) actuator, pd $333.00 ! to replace only worked 1x...while it was warm & indoors @ dealers. Drove home, parked outside in approx 25-32F weather and symptoms reoccurred. Took it to dealer#2 & I was told that I need a Multiplex Integrated Control Unit [MICU] which is [as per the service manager] apparently part of/integrated into fuse box & thusly I need a new $185.00 [+ labor] fuse box ! !! I must note that when the van sits in sun and warms above X degrease F [I have no clue how warm the car has to get] all the problems go away...it only happens when the buggy is cold. Anyway here are my ?'s
    Has any one else experienced the same symptoms?
    Was the issue fixed by replacing the MICU/fuse box?
    Has any one replaced a fuse box? How hard is it?
    Does any one have the wiring diagram/repair procedure.
    Possibly related but does any one what VINs are covered by Recall Number:05V132000?
    Does any one know Honda’s part # for the fuse box?
    Have I missed anything here? Does any one have any other ideas what might be causing my two symptoms?
    YIKES! PLS HELP!

Quick update now it is summer here in MA & have no issues. The cold is the culprit...now if I can only fix this b/4 the snow flies!
    Last edited by 148bth; 07-30-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    68 Dodge Dart
    72 Fiat
    69 Stang
    3 Jettas 1 Golf
    86 Integra
    99 Cobra still on road !
    Bummed out 1st time '05 Ody EX-L owner.
    Warranty work: Rear motor mount TSB#06-083, Front wheel bearings [2X!?!], TSB#08-078

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Try this one, it's alot cheaper too:
    Power Sliding Door(s) Do Not Work, and DTCs B2038 and/or B2088 Are Set http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A05-011.PDF
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

New Dad New Van
    Thanks for the reply but I am pretty sure this wont resolve the issue as my sliders door indeed open & close my problem is 4 0f my 5 doors wont lock either with the keyless remote or w/the master lock on the drivers control panel. I can manually lock all doors & then UNlock the doors w/both the remote & switch but I can not LOCK any door EXCEPT the driver's side passenger slider. The driver's side slider is the only door that will consistenly lock & unlock itself w/both the remote & master switch. NOTE all door do make the lock & unlock "thunk" but they just dont up & down. Dealer #2 even mentioned 05-011 but was 90 - 95% sure that would not resovle the issue; additionally, if I am reading the VINs covered/affected by 05-011 mine was not falls outside the cover/affected vehicals. Then again he was only 95% sure replacing the fuse box would solve it. Soooo I think I'm still @ square 1. If I can figure out what VINs are covered under Recall Number:05V132000 perhaps I can pursuade Honda into repalcing the fuse box. Anybody have this info, I surfed for a while on this site but could not locate.
    Last edited by 148bth; 04-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.
    68 Dodge Dart
    72 Fiat
    69 Stang
    3 Jettas 1 Golf
    86 Integra
    99 Cobra still on road !
    Warranty work: Rear motor mount TSB#06-083, Front wheel bearings [2X!?!], TSB#08-078

Anybody's dealer told them they need a MICU-Multiplex Control Unit

Ok I found this great tidbit from wut 4 and I quote them thusly:
    "I've also been having problems with cold weather causing locks,sliders to be inoperable when using remote. After leaving vehicle with dealer for about a week, the problem turned out to be the "door multiplex control unit". This device is part of the drivers door lock switch assembly. And as Stevens608 mentioned, the drivers lock switch is wired directly into the multiplex unit. It is also the receiver for the remote transmitter. My dealer actually took the multiplexer out of the vehicle and put it in the lunchroom freezer for a couple of hours to confirm a defective unit. Once installed and warmed up, it started to work normally. Removed, re-frozen and reinstalled, it stopped responding to the remote until it warmed up again." My symptoms are as listed above & this is what my dealer told me to fix as well [for $485.00] on top of the $333.00 I paid for to replace an acuator that did not need replacing . I can find this part [p/n 38200-SHJ-A21] for about $130.00 I was wondering if any one has done this proceedure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did find this post by rtw_travel titled "Power door lock actuators & security system" but was in the 99-04 section. Does any one know if the nifty self help guide would appliy to the '05. If not can any one help me through this nitemare. I can't see spending 800.00+ to fix a lock. It really "steams my windows" that the only way to fully lock the car is with a remote. As far as I can determine there is no manual lock button to push up & down to lock the tailgate from inside & I darn sure can't find a lock to stick a key into on the tailgate [and no turning the key 2x to manually does not lock the gate...at least not on this car]. Has far as I am concerned Honda really did not think the tailgate thru w/this one.
    68 Dodge Dart
    72 Fiat
    69 Stang
    3 Jettas 1 Golf
    86 Integra
    99 Cobra still on road !

6. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements