Differences between the years of Odyssey's
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Differences between the years of Odyssey's

Differences between the years of Odyssey's

Hello All,

I'm currently in the market for a new 05+ Odyssey (probably 2006+ just to avoid the first year jitters). I have searched for a while on this forum and came up with the following differences between the years. I was hoping someone could doublecheck and add in any features that I may have missed (or delete some features that may be wrong).

2006 VS 2007
    New Tranny (from Ridgeline)
    Telescopeing steering
    TPMS
    Lazy susan deleted from all but the touring model
    New cupholders on second row seat
    Coin holder added
    Windhshield washer dispensors became black instead of body colored
    Programmable Door Locks (EX-L +)
    Third Row Seat Became Vinyl

2007 VS 2008
    Bluetooth on EX-L and Touring (option)
    4 way power passenger seat (std exl n touring)
    Rearview camera (std exl now)
    Memory linked mirror/reverse gear tilt down (touring)
    New storage bin in plus one seat (EX, EXL touring)
    3 zone auto climate control (EX, EX-L)
    New VCM
    XM Radio (EX-L)
    Auxillary Audio Port Added, new MP3 compatable CD player
    PAX system became optional (Touring, US Only)
    New poweroutlet @ the back

2008 VS 2009
    Bluetooth availible on EX-L w/ Navi
    Power tailgate on EX-L or higher

Am I missing anything?

From the list at the moment i'm thinking I should try to stick to 2007+ EX-L (and 08 if I can find a good deal). Any comments?
    Last edited by Scout255; 05-14-2009 at 09:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

2008 also added an auxiliary audio port.
    2007 Honda Pilot EX AWD, Dark Cherry Pearl

Originally posted by dbthompson
    2008 also added an auxiliary audio port.
    Thanks, Added.

You forgot that in 2007 the third row seat became vinyl and the EXL's got programmable door locks. At some point, the EXL RES models got the power outlet in the back. I'm not sure when that happened, but I know for a fact that it wasn't there in the beginning and it is there now. The cupholders were deleted from the sides of the second row seats in either 2007 or 2008. The whole plus one seat changed, the new one doesn't collapse the way the old one did, thus the storage bin. In 2006 the EXL's got a leather steering wheel and shift knob, but that doesn't really matter to you. In either 2007 or 2008, all of the models got a stereo that had MP3 capability. I'm glad to see someone else noticed the windshield washer dispensers other than me.

At some point, the transmission got a stacked plate auxiliary cooler but someone will have to supply the year.
    2002 Odyssey EX FG
    Honda hood deflector, mud guards, AC condenser screen mod, Zyml wax, Amsoil EaO20 oil filter, Amsoil synthetic 5W20, Krown rustproofing, block heater (gets cc...cold in Canada in winter!)
    Original transmission at 117,000 miles/189,000 km, Amsoil ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 km, Honda aux ATF cooler, Magnefine aux ATF filter, 16 ATF drain & fills

I think you forgot what some would consider to be the most important, the deletion of the PAX system in 2008.

Originally posted by Cntrtwnltd
    I think you forgot what some would consider to be the most important, the deletion of the PAX system in 2008.
    They still have pax but it is a option now.

Originally posted by Cntrtwnltd
    You forgot that in 2007 the third row seat became vinyl and the EXL's got programmable door locks. At some point, the EXL RES models got the power outlet in the back. I'm not sure when that happened, but I know for a fact that it wasn't there in the beginning and it is there now. The cupholders were deleted from the sides of the second row seats in either 2007 or 2008. The whole plus one seat changed, the new one doesn't collapse the way the old one did, thus the storage bin. In 2006 the EXL's got a leather steering wheel and shift knob, but that doesn't really matter to you. In either 2007 or 2008, all of the models got a stereo that had MP3 capability. I'm glad to see someone else noticed the windshield washer dispensers other than me.
    Could you clairify on the Vinyl comment. Does this mean that all levels of trim have Vinyl seats, or only the Leather ones?

I think the power outlet was added in 2008.

I have added all the other points to my list. Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by Scout255
    Could you clairify on the Vinyl comment. Does this mean that all levels of trim have Vinyl seats, or only the Leather ones?
    In 2006, all of the leather equipped Odysseys had leather third row seats. In 2007, the backing of the seat became fabric. It is unclear as to whether the rest of the seat was still leather at that point or vinyl. (I think vinyl) By 2008, all of the literature listed the leather Odysseys as having leather only in the first and second rows. Indicating that none of the third rows were real. The vinyl only applies to Leather Odysseys. I know that none of the second generation Odysseys had real leather third rows and there was a discussion about it when the this generation came out about it.

Thanks for the clairication. I will update the list later.

I forget when this happened, but there used to be a drawer under the passenger seat that I think is no longer there. It was there in 2006, but I don't know which year is left (If it did at all).

This is not a biggie, but the 08+ models are not compatible with the accessory subwoofer. The Touring model still comes loaded with one.
    2008 EX-L RES Baltic Blue Pearl
    2003 Accord EX-L Graphite Pearl

Why not add 2005 vs 2006 ?
    2005 Odyssey EX
    2009 VW Jetta TDI

"Screw the Joneses"

Originally posted by breck05
    Why not add 2005 vs 2006 ?
    He wanted to avoid the "first year jitters", but as far as I can tell, the EXL model got a leather steering wheel and shift knob in 2006. Besides that I never noticed a difference between the 05 and 06.

biggest thing from 05 to 06 was that 06 now had 05/60k on the engine drivetrain. 05's were only 3/36k

Tom
    2006 OceanMist EX-L

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements