How can I get the radio code if I lost the code?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I get the radio code if I lost the code?

aus

How can I get the radio code if I lost the code?

Is the dealer the only way to get the radio code? I changed the battery and now the radio is asking for the code, but I can't find the original paperwork. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: How can I get the radio code if I lost the code?

Originally posted by aus
    Is the dealer the only way to get the radio code? I changed the battery and now the radio is asking for the code, but I can't find the original paperwork. Thanks for any help.
    You might look for a sticker in the glove box. Otherwise, the dealer is the best place to go unless you registered the code on Honda Ownerlink's website.
    Kuya Ody

For Sale:Misc Parts for Sale from 2002 Ody (Radio, Service Manual, Arm Rest, etc..) - Click Here

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Your radio code may be on a sticker in the glove box, the rear hatch/jam, driver's door/jam, driver's sunvisor pullout or on the bottom of the coin/drink holder. Your code may also be available from Honda Owner's website: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login...od%5Fhome%2Easp You will need your VIN #.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

you can get the radio serial number from the white sticker in the glovebox. Then you'll have to call Honda and they will get you the radio code.

You don't need to call the dealer. Just go to the Honda owner link site and you can get the code there. I think you will need the vin# and maybe the radio ID# which is on a sticker in the glove box.
    2005 Odyssey EX-L with a lot of those little goldfish crackers under the seats.

the raido code has been known to be stuck on various locations like the glove box or around the tailgate.

My radio code came on a little card and there was also a little sticker stuck to the side of my glovebox.

I also have it in my service history booklet were it's written down in the PDI section.

I wonder how many more will say "glove box" after I wrote "glove box"....+1
    08 EX-L Odyssey Baltic Blue (SOLD at 12750 Miles 14 months $23250 2/13/2010)

Super Moderator
    And if you have the radio out, most dealership service departments will cross reference the code with the serial number on the unit (It helps if you spend money there or have a history of repairs/service).

Ebay also has a vendor who will guarantee the proper code for a small price, I think around $10-$15.....

Originally posted by RoBoRaT
    I wonder how many more will say "glove box" after I wrote "glove box"....
    I wonder how many Hondas do NOT have the code on a sticker in the glove box (or anywhere else).

turn radio off press and hold 1and6 preset buttons and turn radio on this wiil give you seriall # call honda any dealer they will give you code or in the maintenance book first page PDI form on top should be radio navi code written

aus
    Thanks everyone. Lots of good info here.

It's not particularly reassuring to know anyone can just look up the code on-line with the VIN.

You need the both the vin# and radio code, so unless a thief was really sharp on this issue and had the forethought to write down your vin# when he stealing the radio, I think we're fairly safe. Plus, unlike the standard size units in the past that could fit in almost any vehicle, the market for hot Ody radios has to be almost non-existant.

My radio code was underneth the ash tray.

16. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements