Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Anyone have intermittent SRS airbag light?

13K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  chan_man 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had the red SRS airbag light come on a few weeks ago and it stayed on for about 2wks, when I was too busy to take the car in. Well, now the light is off and hasn't come back since.

I did a search and found nothing pertaining to an intermittent light...either on or off. Anyone experience the SRS come on intermittently?

BTW, this is not the "side airbag off" or the yellow light when someone is in the passenger seat w/o seat belt on. It's the red SRS light.

Thanks.

EDIT: and another question...I know the OBDII system does not monitor SRS codes. Are there any stored codes anywhere? My concern is that if I take the car in w/o the light on, they won't be able to find the problem.

#2 ·
In my case the SRS cable under the drivers seat had become damaged by moving the seat forward and back. This created a faulty connection and triggered the SRS light.

#3 ·
I bought an used '05 EX-L early this summer. Mine has been on/off several times....mostly off. But when it's on, it would only stay on for a day or 2. Called the local Honda repair shop (not the dealer), and they do have a special code reader for the airbag. Still have not taken it in as it's off 95% of the time, so I'm just living with it until I need to take it in for some other service.

Worst case is that the airbags will not deploy in the case of an accident.

#4 ·
The cable in the steering column went bad a few weeks ago. Came on intermittently. When it finally came on while I was in the area where the dealer was, I took it in.

#5 ·
dsprince....do you recall how much that was in cost? If it's not much, I probably should take it in as well...just in case.

#8 ·
I had this problem in my 05, read all the threads and it was pointing to the seatbelt buckle, I tried different ways of starting with and without fastening the belt buckle and it sort of confirm this. Brought it in to the dealer, they said that they have had many instances of this. I had to agree to a diagnostic charge and that this charge would be waived if it is the buckle. Honda does cover this part for the life of the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.