VSA light comes on and will hardly drive.. why?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VSA light comes on and will hardly drive.. why?

VSA light comes on and will hardly drive.. why?

My Odyssey will be driving fine and then suddenly the VSA light will come on the dash and everything pretty much bogs down, will hardly drive or change gears. The only fix is turning off and starting back up. then it is fine. But this is happening more often now. What can this be? If you have seen this, can I turn off the VSA when I start it and not have this issue for now? It happens every now and then.

Thanks!

Warren

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Now that I've thought about it.

My wife called me up one morning on her way to work and said the VSA light came on while on the fwy. I reassured her that Vehicle Stability Assist will not affect her
    driveability & not to worry and we'll bring it to the mechanic for a check up. Two days after that event the battery is dead.

Could it be related?

I've since replaced the battery and didn't happen again.

How's your battery? What year is your Ody? Mine's 2006 EX-L model.

good luck

I found this thread that had the same issues as I do now. So I probably have a bad VSA module or steering wheel angle sensor like he did. I'm wondering if we can turn the VSA off when we start it and this will not happen until i can afford to fix it?

Thanks!

Warren

Hello Warren,

I believe you were asking where the VSA module is located. On my van it is under the air cleaner, behind the battery.

Tom

Originally posted by Tybeeware
    I found this thread that had the same issues as I do now. So I probably have a bad VSA module or steering wheel angle sensor like he did. I'm wondering if we can turn the VSA off when we start it and this will not happen until i can afford to fix it?

Thanks!

Warren
    you can turn it off by pressing the VSA button after starting the car, the VSA warning light will come on telling you that it is off. The systems however defaults to "on" when yous tart the car so you would need to turn it off every time you start the car.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements