2005 LX model.
I can't open the driver's side rear passenger window. I hear a clicking noise from the rear window when attempting to open/close it. The other three windows function normally. There does not appear to be a TSB on this specific issue. I am interested in the opinions of members with experience with this problem.
My presumption is that the window motor is at fault. I read the thread "Power window problems. Anyone?" (originally posted 11-12-2008 by ‘pyvas’). However, there is absolutely no mention of a "bad motor" theory within the discussion. After several careful read-thru’s of the conversation, the consensus among those contributing seems to be that the failure is within the driver’s side window control panel (though there's no concensus among the contributors on the exact name of this suspect part).
- Pyvas reports repairing the failure by replacing the "control switch" (with one purchased used from eBay).
- ‘2007SilverEx’ reported window failure of the "switch panel" with symptoms similar to pyvas, other posters, and my own. 2007SilverEx speculates the problem may be with the fuse box; however, this person did not update the thread with the results of their theories, or whether or not their problem was eventually fixed.
- 'odysseyguy1' posts instructions for "manually resetting a power window control unit". However, this person does not mention if this procedure was in fact recommended as a solution to the specific problem discussed in the thread. (2007SilverEx attempted the reset procedure without success.)
- ‘Kaesan’ recommends replacing the “power control”; however, this person does not mention if they also experienced window failure and its concurrent clicking symptom.
1) Is the driver’s side window control panel the source of the problem with the driver's side rear passenger window failure? And, if so...
2) Where apart from eBay or a Honda dealership might one find this part? I do not see a list of member-vetted auto parts resellers within the OdyClub forums.
3) Finally, what is the exact name of this part?