Hello
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi. I own a 99 Odyssey with over 215K miles. It has been and still is a great car with the one exception (no surprise here) of the transmission. But I think that is resolved now. After three Honda rebuilt transmissions (one I paid for, the other two on warranty) I had it rebuilt by an independent transmission repair shop. He told me that the stock material Honda uses for the clutches, etc. in the transmission are too soft, disintegrate over time, and clog the valve body. Hence the rough shifts, strange shift intervals, freeze up, etc. He put in a harder material, seems to be working, shifts smooth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Welcome, jackp1.

Wowzers...on the fourth tranny?

And I thought my Dodge truck brought on a lot of pain....

Here's a toast to number 4 living a good long life!

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 103.5k OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, chuck k fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod
    2002 Ody EX RES 96.0k OEM fogs & hitch, chuck k fog mod#1
    1998 Accord LX174k. DIY: Haynes 676 ATF cooler; T & acc belts & tensioners.
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Honestly admire your perseverance through three transmission replacements. (A recent poster bailed after the first.) Agree with your summary that, except for the transmission, this is a great van.
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood deflector, mud guards, AC condenser screen mod, Zyml wax, Amsoil EaO20 oil filter, Amsoil synthetic 5W20, Krown rustproofing, block heater (gets cc...cold in Canada in winter!)
    Original transmission at 117,000 miles/189,000 km, Amsoil ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 km, Honda aux ATF cooler, Magnefine aux ATF filter, 16 ATF drain & fills

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements