VCMuzzler results
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VCMuzzler results

VCMuzzler results

Check out the pic.... road trip yesterday from Kansas City to the Twin Cities.

I filled up with 91 octane and drove ~ 75mph the entire trip.

I've been running the muzzler for several months now and mostly city driving.

Enjoy - I have a '11 Touring with ~ 82k miles now. No other mods.VCMuzzler results-img_1329-1-.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Is the variability in MPG's from the 91 octane vs recommended 87?

If so, does that mean that the engine has higher compression than the indicated 10.5:1?

In my experience with relatively low compression engines is that running higher octane fuel resulted in lower MPG's vs running lower octane fuel. I have always attributed the lower MPG's to the additives that boosted octane ratings, which sometimes can be just more ethanol which has octane rating of almost 100 or another shorter hydrocarbon chain which requires more fuel to be injected to generate the same amount of energy in a low compression engine.

That's great to see, I just like the VCM Muzzler since it makes the van react alot better in traffic or stop/go situations. I'm using the lower amperage and when sitting at idle or a hot place the ECO light DOES go on... Get going and it disappears if you get the air flow. Well worth the $$$$
    2011 Odyssey Touring, HID 55w 5K H11, HID 35w 5k fogs H11, 9005 LED DRL, Weathertech Mats, K&N Drop-in Filter, H&R Springs, VCMuzzler

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hold on, I thought we can't use 91?!
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

I can only speak for towing in the 3,000-pound range, no aero drag (bass boat)....with 91 octane and using the same throttle lever angle on my ScanGauge II, the engine was able to hold slightly more positive ignition advance on the truly hot days (greater than 40C or 104F) when I was pulling up a hill.

Otherwise, if not towing, 91 octane did nothing for me. I did not observe an MPG change between octane ratings during hum-drum driving. 87 all the way for day-to-day driving.

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 158k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, chuck k fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod
    2002 Ody EX RES 164k, Ditto on above.
    1998 Accord LX215k. DIY: Haynes 676 ATF cooler; T & acc belts & tensioners.
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread